Fairmont best rate guarantee policy?

Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Are you saying that Fairmont properties are above Intercontinental (IHG), St Regis (Starwood), Waldorf-Astoria (Hilton), JW Marriott (Marriott)? They all offer a formal BRG program and while some are much better than others, without the games, etc. Fairmont seems to be sticking its head in the sand on this issue.

Just today I am once again looking at the ACA properties and on fairmont.com I am seeing rates of over 2K MXN when on expedia.mx they are offering 1K MXN (98 USD roughly). Last year, I had to call and call back and it took 24 hours for them to come through with a match - which they did, but still, quite the hassle.

While I will jump thru some hoops to requalify for Platinum again next year, it could be a bit more streamlined.
All of the brands you mention belong to larger hotel chains with a variety of brands which requires the implementation of uniform policies. I guess a better comparison would be to look at the policies implemented by RC, FS, Kimpton, Langham, Pan Pacific, Mandarin Oriental...All Im saying is that BRG policies are less common in the high-end / luxury hotel market.

Personally I think Fairmonts approach to match any publically available rate is quite customer-friendly - no tedious paperwork, not having to deal with outsourced call center agents based in a third-world country, no agents trying to deny as many BRG claims as possible.

But I agree, things could sometimes be a little more efficient than they are right now.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:54 pm

Programs: LH M&M, CX MPC Green
They did not match my rate. I saw a "flash" rate on Agoda and the very nice lady looked into it, saw it, I think asked her manager (put me on hold for 30 seconds) and said that unfortunately that they could not match it (it was 50% off the Fairmont website rate). One of the nicest nos I've heard in a while. Figured I would add this data point.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 12:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I was just told that they would consider matching a competing rate, but that all price matches are non-refundable even if the other rate is fully refundable. Have others experienced this as well?
Old Jul 20, 2014, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I was just told that they would consider matching a competing rate, but that all price matches are non-refundable even if the other rate is fully refundable. Have others experienced this as well?
If the information you were given is correct, it certainly is a new policy. I`m 99% sure the Fairmont rate used to have the same T&C with regards to refundability / non-refundability as the rate matched.

Just curious, did you call the Fairmont res line or in-house reservations?
Old Jul 20, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Just curious, did you call the Fairmont res line or in-house reservations?
Fairmont central reservations. Which would I have better luck with? I'll try again a bit later.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Fairmont central reservations. Which would I have better luck with? I'll try again a bit later.
I generally recommend calling the hotel during regular office hours for such requests and talk directly to the res department, though there's obviously no guarantee you'll get a better result since there's no official (published) policy.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I generally recommend calling the hotel during regular office hours for such requests and talk directly to the res department
Thanks. I'll try the Empress tomorrow. We probably won't need the refundability, but it's always nice to have it as an option. And saving $5/night is another drink or two.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Just had a near perfect experience with the Fairmont Platinum Desk call centre in New Brunswick moments ago.

The total time for my 'price match' (the agent's words, not mine) to be approved, by providing my Plat number and the OTA website, was....5 minutes. ^

I saved $69 CAD on the base rate at the Fairmont Waterfront and will hopefully get a renovated room for the next upcoming up.

Well done Fairmont, this process was much quicker than the Fairmont Princess Acapulco where it took a few days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.