Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

FPC Plat for 5 nights (for Cdn Amex Plat members)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2008, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb

I just got an offer to earn Fairmont Platinum status for staying only 5 nights and charging them to my Amex Platinum card. That's a really good deal as it normally requires either 30 nights or 10 stays. Existing FPC members need to call in and have them add the promotion and you need to add your Amex Plat card to your profile if it's not there already.

I suspect this is targetted at Canadian cardholders but foreign Amex Plat cardholders might want to give a call. You don't need to provide the promo code if you call in.

Details here: http://www.fairmont.com/promo/plat5

Last edited by Jasper2009; Mar 26, 2011 at 6:58 am
Old Mar 15, 2008, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Tax Dude
I just got an offer to earn Fairmont Platinum status for staying only 5 nights and charging them to my Amex Platinum card. That's a really good deal as it normally requires either 30 nights or 10 stays. Existing FPC members need to call in and have them add the promotion and you need to add your Amex Plat card to your profile if it's not there already.

I suspect this is targetted at Canadian cardholders but foreign Amex Plat cardholders might want to give a call. You don't need to provide the promo code if you call in.

Details here: http://www.fairmont.com/promo/plat5
GREAT! So now that there are basically next to no useful benefits they come up with this so that next year there can be nothing left of the program. Spa access vanished this year because the Spas were crowded. Hmm....there is a consequence to doing these things!
Old Mar 17, 2008, 9:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Hmm....there is a consequence to doing these things!
Time to change your FT signature back to the previous anti-FPC gem, huh?

I will note the lack of a short timeframe in which to complete these stays as the fine print says this calendar year rather than a much shorter window some of these drastically reduced hotel elite offers come attached with.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 2:59 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Thanks for sharing this.

Considering the constant devaluation of the program, this is nice for me. I can keep my PLT status and spend just a fraction of the nights required to keep it in 2008 :-) 2-3 stays will do it

Honestly I would prefer them to raise the bar and give better benefits instead. Never understood why they still give free internet access to anyone who stay there 1 night per year and bother to register to FPC.

Wrote a letter last weeek explaining my disapointment about all the cuts made over the years... Will see if someone answer back...
Old Mar 21, 2008, 1:40 am

Programs: JGC
Thanks for the info.
I also got the offer today in the mail.
By the way, does Fairmont treat PLT members very well?
In other words, is it worth doing 'run' to get the status?

Cheers,
Old Mar 21, 2008, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mitsou_jpn
Thanks for the info.

Cheers,
When a repeat guest in hotels I do get treated quite well but there are next to no benefits left
Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
When a repeat guest in hotels I do get treated quite well but there are next to no benefits left
Thanks,
Old Mar 25, 2008, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by mitsou_jpn
Thanks for the info.

Cheers,
I've enjoyed being Plat in the past, but I've dropped down to Premier the last couple of years since the decline in benefits don't really make it worth doing a 'run' to get the higher status. You would get more upgrade coupons, $100 in food vouchers, and a free night. It's definitely worth diverting a night or two if you're travelling anyways, but probably not worth a true 'run' unless you can find a really good rate.

That said, I'll likely qualify easily under this promotion.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by Tax Dude
I've enjoyed being Plat in the past, but I've dropped down to Premier the last couple of years since the decline in benefits don't really make it worth doing a 'run' to get the higher status. You would get more upgrade coupons, $100 in food vouchers, and a free night. It's definitely worth diverting a night or two if you're travelling anyways, but probably not worth a true 'run' unless you can find a really good rate.

That said, I'll likely qualify easily under this promotion.
I won't probably do a true 'run' just to qualify, but i may pay extra to stay at a Fairmont, instead of another chain. I was Premier in the past from DC promo. I was treated both good and bad depending on a property, so just wondering. Thanks.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 1:51 pm

Programs: AC SE
Status Upgrade Strategy

Do you think it would be a good idea to gain Premier access via the usual route (to get the upgrades, vouchers, etc), and then call in to be upgraded to Platinum via the Amex offer shortly after that and get the upgrades, vouchers, etc. for Platinum members? Anyone tried this successfully?

Thanks!
Old May 16, 2009, 5:01 pm

I've got a few questions about this promotion. Hopefully someone can help me out...

So far this year I have stayed twice at different properties, for a total of 4 nights and charged to my Amex Plat. Both were booked under great rates - great dates.

1) Even though both stays were booked under similar promotions, only 2 of the nights show up as "qualified nights" in my FPC account. I don't know why the 2 stays are showing up different from each other. Do the nights charged to the Amex have to be "qualified nights?

I'm even more confused because my first stay (book one night stay the 2nd free) gave 2 qualified nights, and the one where you paid a reduced rate for each night gave no qualified nights. None of the details provided when I booked these stays indicated that the rates would not be qualified stays.

2) If I stay a 5th night soon, when does my new status become effective? Do I have to wait until 2010, or is it immediate? Do I have to call in, or will the new status be given automatically?
Old May 21, 2009, 9:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by YEG USER
I've got a few questions about this promotion. Hopefully someone can help me out...

So far this year I have stayed twice at different properties, for a total of 4 nights and charged to my Amex Plat. Both were booked under great rates - great dates.

1) Even though both stays were booked under similar promotions, only 2 of the nights show up as "qualified nights" in my FPC account. I don't know why the 2 stays are showing up different from each other. Do the nights charged to the Amex have to be "qualified nights?

I'm even more confused because my first stay (book one night stay the 2nd free) gave 2 qualified nights, and the one where you paid a reduced rate for each night gave no qualified nights. None of the details provided when I booked these stays indicated that the rates would not be qualified stays.

2) If I stay a 5th night soon, when does my new status become effective? Do I have to wait until 2010, or is it immediate? Do I have to call in, or will the new status be given automatically?

1Terms and conditions: Basic and Supplementary cardmembers of the American Express® AeroplanPlus®* Platinum Card, the Business Platinum Card™, The Platinum Card®, and holders of the American Express Companion Credit Card associated with The Platinum Card, and cardmembers of The American Express Corporate Platinum Card and American Express AeroplanPlus Corporate Platinum Card (each a "Cardmember") must enroll in Fairmont President's Club to qualify for the American Express "Platinum for Platinum" Fairmont President’s Club Platinum benefit. Cardmembers must enroll for the benefit by contacting Fairmont Hotels & Resorts at 1 888 320 5959 or click here and provide the promotion code given by American Express. American Express provides the promotion code to existing Cardmembers by mail or in welcome packages for new Cardmembers. If you have misplaced your promotion code, call the number on the back of your card and a representative will assist you. Enrolled Cardmembers that register and complete five overnight stays at a Fairmont hotel or resort, paid for with an American Express card between January and December of the calendar year will qualify for membership in Fairmont President's Club. The benefit may be discontinued at any time. Fairmont President’s Club membership is subject to the restrictions, terms and conditions of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts which may change without notice. For complete terms and conditions call 1 888 320 5959 or click here. American Express reserves the right to instruct Fairmont Hotels & Resorts to cancel your Fairmont President’s Club membership if you cease to be a Cardmember.
Old May 24, 2009, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Enrolled Cardmembers that register and complete five overnight stays at a Fairmont hotel or resort, paid for with an American Express card between January and December of the calendar year will qualify for membership in Fairmont President's Club.
CFH, thanks for posting the T's and C's. It is the clause above that I was looking for some clarification about. I read this to mean that you simply have to pay for and stay 5 nights and then you get FPC plat status (whether the nights would have regularly counted for qualification or not).

I just don't want to find out after I've stayed that I misinterpreted the T's and C's and that I don't get plat afterall.
Old May 25, 2009, 9:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by YEG USER
CFH, thanks for posting the T's and C's. It is the clause above that I was looking for some clarification about. I read this to mean that you simply have to pay for and stay 5 nights and then you get FPC plat status (whether the nights would have regularly counted for qualification or not).

I just don't want to find out after I've stayed that I misinterpreted the T's and C's and that I don't get plat afterall.
I see what you are saying. It would have to be QUALIFYING nights, but everything you book AND PAY through fairmont is a qualifying night. What doesn't qualify is travelocity, etc.., however that being said, that would count as "pay for 5 nights with your amex through fairmont."

I agree its a little confusing, but I think it is qualifying nights, which is nearly everything with fairmont except 3rd party sites.
Old May 25, 2009, 9:51 am

P.S.

I also know that there is a Discover credit card promo where you will be premiere in 3 stays and platinum in 6 (i believe).

also, I think there is something similar for a Business mastercard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.