Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Banff Springs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2014, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Maykita
Thanks VERY much for all the comments and help. I just made an online reservation for a Fairmont room as if it would be an ordinary paid reservation. Is that the right approach? Then when the certificates post do I call in to get them applied to the existing reservation? I want to do all the steps right since I am trying to go in high season (August).
Correct. You can apply the free night certs anytime between making the res and the day of arrival (but must be done before checking in).
Old Jan 17, 2014, 8:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Maykita
Thanks VERY much for all the comments and help. I just made an online reservation for a Fairmont room as if it would be an ordinary paid reservation. Is that the right approach? Then when the certificates post do I call in to get them applied to the existing reservation? I want to do all the steps right since I am trying to go in high season (August).
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Correct. You can apply the free night certs anytime between making the res and the day of arrival (but must be done before checking in).
If you've already earned status for the March 1st, 2014 to February 28, 2015 status year, and want to use your anticipated certificates now, you could phone Premier/Platinum line and have the upgrades applied now, in anticipation of receiving the certificates.

Some hoops to jump through, but I've booked suites in year's past where the certificates were not in the system, but FPC knows I've qualified. So they went ahead and made the reservation for me.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 1:45 pm

Programs: CAD Amex Plat
Fooddessert

Anyone use the FOODDESSERT cert recently at Banff Springs? Just wondering what options, if any, are available and how your experience has been with it...Cheers!
Old Jan 22, 2014, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by upgrade1$
Anyone use the FOODDESSERT cert recently at Banff Springs? Just wondering what options, if any, are available and how your experience has been with it...Cheers!
Used the cert at Banffshire Club last year, and they brought out a dessert for two for my wife and I. Funny, they didn't even redeem the cert.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Used the cert at Banffshire Club last year, and they brought out a dessert for two for my wife and I. Funny, they didn't even redeem the cert.
I had exactly the same experience. Used at the Banffshire Club, and it was never redeemed from my account. I think they basically gave us the 3 course menu for the price of the 2 (or maybe it was 4 course for the price of 3), essentially making the dessert free.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 11:58 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Does anyone know if the breakfast certs (from the Visa card) can be used at the Castle Pantry (for breakfast items, during morning hours)?
Old Feb 11, 2014, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We are thinking about going here over July 4. Husband is a basic FPC member, no cards or anything. (90% of our stays are at Marriott, not terribly useful in Banff) I made a reservation for 2 adults and 2 kids which I will probably cancel or tweak a lot, but in the meantime can someone help decipher it, because it makes no sense.

Arriving on 01-Jul-2014
Departing on 06-Jul-2014
Number of Guests: 2 Adult, 2 Children
Total Nights: 5
Promotional Code: None
Famous Agent: None
Member Number: xxxxxx
resplus: None
IATA Code: None
Room Type: Stanley Thompson Suite - Qn/Qn
Room Description: Popular 500 sq ft suite, ideal for families or extended stays. Defined bedroom with 2 queen beds, separate living area. Located in the Stanley Thompson Wing, Woodland or Castle-like courtyard views, spacious bathroom, HSIA
Rate Description:
Bed and Breakfast Package
Room Rate: $689 CAD
Totals:
Room: $3276.1 CAD OK this is not 689*5 or any multiple?
Extras: $1177.75 CAD The only extras I selected were Valet Parking and 500 dollar F and B for 400. 400 + (32*5) = 560
Total: $4453.85 CAD
Includes 2 PCT Tourism Improvement Fee 4 PCT Tourism Levy . Resort and/or service fee applicable and is not included
Deposit Policy: NO DPST IS REQUIRED
Cancel Policy: CXL BY 28-JUN-14 4PM
Cancel By: CXL BY 28-JUN-14 4PM
Old Feb 11, 2014, 5:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
We are thinking about going here over July 4. Husband is a basic FPC member, no cards or anything. (90% of our stays are at Marriott, not terribly useful in Banff) I made a reservation for 2 adults and 2 kids which I will probably cancel or tweak a lot, but in the meantime can someone help decipher it, because it makes no sense.

Arriving on 01-Jul-2014
Departing on 06-Jul-2014
Number of Guests: 2 Adult, 2 Children
Total Nights: 5
Promotional Code: None
Famous Agent: None
Member Number: xxxxxx
resplus: None
IATA Code: None
Room Type: Stanley Thompson Suite - Qn/Qn
Room Description: Popular 500 sq ft suite, ideal for families or extended stays. Defined bedroom with 2 queen beds, separate living area. Located in the Stanley Thompson Wing, Woodland or Castle-like courtyard views, spacious bathroom, HSIA
Rate Description:
Bed and Breakfast Package
Room Rate: $689 CAD
Totals:
Room: $3276.1 CAD OK this is not 689*5 or any multiple?
Extras: $1177.75 CAD The only extras I selected were Valet Parking and 500 dollar F and B for 400. 400 + (32*5) = 560
Total: $4453.85 CAD
Includes 2 PCT Tourism Improvement Fee 4 PCT Tourism Levy . Resort and/or service fee applicable and is not included
Deposit Policy: NO DPST IS REQUIRED
Cancel Policy: CXL BY 28-JUN-14 4PM
Cancel By: CXL BY 28-JUN-14 4PM
We seem to be hitting up some of the same hotels in Hawaii and now here in Banff.

Just want to mention BSH has an excellent lap pool. The spa is probably the best Canada, so check out the Escape to Willowstream package. This is BSH's loss leader package and you basically get the base room no Charge. Includes 2 treatments per day based on 2 adults, breakfast, self parking and room. From $449 per night and up. Spa access for the two days pivoting the package night. You can combine different packages and rates.

I would sign up for Chase Fairmont Card right away. You get Premier status, and 1 suite upgrade that will help with your stay. The food certs will help and third night free certificate is also included with Premier. As premier you'll also receive a 2 for 1 golf cert from the hotel as a stated Status benefit. You and yours should definitely hit the links. The Banff Springs Golf Course is the best in Canada in my opinion, and the accolade switches between JPL and Whistler. But the combo of the springs, golf, spa.. is by far the best resort combination out of the Fairmont hotels regarded as top golf resort in Canada.

This weekend we'll be at BSH and combined 2 of Willowstream packages over 5 nights. We are on the gold floor, and originally booked a one bedroom gold floor suite.. Which is now switched to a two bedroom suite.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Feb 11, 2014 at 5:50 pm
Old Feb 11, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Vicki, do U know that July 1 is Canada Day ?! 'Tis their national holiday, the anniversary of when Canada became a Dominion of the British Empire in 1867. Does anyone know how Banff's celebration incl. fireworks compares to elsewhere in Canada?
Old Feb 11, 2014, 5:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Brendan
Vicki, do U know that July 1 is Canada Day ?! 'Tis their national holiday, the anniversary of when Canada became a Dominion of the British Empire in 1867. Does anyone know how Banff's celebration incl. fireworks compares to elsewhere in Canada?
Canada Day Parade downtown Banff. Fireworks in the evening. Check concierge for schedule.

If out and about, we've attended the lodge at Kananaskis for a full out Canada Day celebration onsite including activities for the kids, music and food.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 6:04 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Maybe Vicki should arrive on June 30 to be right there to wake up to see the Canada Day parade after breakfast/ lunch without having to drive in from somewhere else!
Old Feb 11, 2014, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Club volleyball ends on June 30. High school volleyball begins on July 8.

If you have little kids, travel with them now because this coming summer SUCKS.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Maybe Vicki should arrive on June 30 to be right there to wake up to see the Canada Day parade after breakfast/ lunch without having to drive in from somewhere else!
Canada Day will be packed and sold out at BSH. Celebrating 4th of July will be perfect, as all of the Canadians will have streamed out and the hotel a little bit less busy. However, summer time is high season, so higher rates will apply. My quote for Escape to Willowstream is for low season at $449 and up.

But if a booking can be managed over the Canada Day long weekend, there shall definitely be many activities in Banff.

As a note, Suite and Room Upgrades are blacked out over Canada Day long weekend. Check certificate black out details on electronic profile.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 7:51 pm

Wow, Vicki, I'm a volleyball player, too! But I first started really learning how to play at age 26--no juvenile experience except for gym class.
Oh well, enjoy the night of Canada Day!
Old Feb 11, 2014, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, Vicki, I'm a volleyball player, too! But I first started really learning how to play at age 26--no juvenile experience except for gym class.
Oh well, enjoy the night of Canada Day!
We arrive in Calgary at Midnight on June 30th. Planning to stay at airport hotel, pick up car in morning then head to Banff. I'm glad for the info on Canada Day I was trying to figure out why everything is crazy expensive that week. After leaving Banff we are taking two days to make our way to Vancouver then flying back to LA from there. Air is all booked, just trying to work out nights and where we will be and what we will be doing. Like I said, usually Marriott people, but Canada is not great coverage.

As for volleyball- the eldest is in her first season and loving it, but man between that and my younger daughter's swim schedule it is killing what used to be summer vacations with the family.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.