Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Banff Springs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2013, 3:35 pm

Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat
I'm looking to book one of the honeymoon suites with my upgrade certificate in May. Does anyone remember the room number of the suite with the long hallway and larger "downstairs" area that might be better for entertaining? Any other comments about the different honeymoon suites? Thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2013, 6:00 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Arrow

Chauncey, IDK if it was a "honeymoon suite," but I stayed in a suite right past the shops & near the spa with the long hallway and larger "downstairs" area. I used my 2 welcome freebie nights + suite upgrade.
I've just looked up my receipt & it was Room 1054! Only some rep.s will book U into it on such awards. U have a better chance if Junior Suites are sold out on your dates.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 7:45 pm

Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat
Thanks Brendan! I'll call in to see what they say. But I agree, I have a feeling that it might not be likely if normal Junior suites are available. I'm excited regardless though, whatever suite it turns out to be. I love Banff.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 8:09 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
When using a suite upgrade certificate at the BSH, you are allowed to choose from a number of options, including the Jr Suite, a Stanley Thompson suite, a honeymoon suite, or a 1-bedroom king suite. The 1-bedroom king suite is the most valuable/spacious of the lot offered, and if it's available for your dates, I'd probably choose that category. I've never stayed in the honeymoon suites, located in the turrets. They do have 2 floors, but at 450 square feet over 2 floors, it sounds like it might feel a little cramped?
Old Apr 8, 2013, 8:17 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Arrow

My Suite 1054 seemed to be in a turret, but was all on 1 floor. Being alone, I would have preferred a Junior or Stanley Thompson Suite so I could view the whole space from my bed!
Old Apr 24, 2013, 1:18 pm
Original Member

Sorry if this has been asked before.

How are the electronic Fairmont Visa Breakfast Certificates and the Dining/ Willow Stream Certificates handled? Is the whole amount (I have 4 of the Visa's and 2 of the dinning, so $150) applied to your folio and then what you spend for breakfast/meals, is deducted? Or, do you tell the wait staff?

I also have some printed visa breakfast certs. Are those then null and void because they are sitting in my account?

Are the Visa free night certs upgradable with the room or suite upgrades?

Sorry for the repeat questions. Thanks much.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by birdyy
Sorry if this has been asked before.

How are the electronic Fairmont Visa Breakfast Certificates and the Dining/ Willow Stream Certificates handled? Is the whole amount (I have 4 of the Visa's and 2 of the dinning, so $150) applied to your folio and then what you spend for breakfast/meals, is deducted? Or, do you tell the wait staff?
You can either ask the waiters to redeem the certs or, probably easier, have the front desk redeem the certs at check-out.

I also have some printed visa breakfast certs. Are those then null and void because they are sitting in my account?
You can´t redeem the same cert twice if that´s what you mean. When you redeem a paper cert, it will also be deducted online.

Are the Visa free night certs upgradable with the room or suite upgrades?
Yes.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 1:38 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
You can either ask the waiters to redeem the certs or, probably easier, have the front desk redeem the certs at check-out.

You can´t redeem the same cert twice if that´s what you mean. When you redeem a paper cert, it will also be deducted online.

Yes.
On the paper certificate, I guess I wondered if one were to use paper certificates how the wait staff would know who they belonged to.

Thanks much. I appreciate that info.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
On the paper certificate, I guess I wondered if one were to use paper certificates how the wait staff would know who they belonged to.

Thanks much. I appreciate that info.
At least the regular dining certs have your name and FPC# printed on them and they are entered into the system as "redeemed" by the restaurant.

Are the breakast certs any different? I don´t have the Fairmont CC, but would have thought that any certs would have you rname on them as well...
Old Apr 24, 2013, 1:46 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
At least the regular dining certs have your name and FPC# printed on them and they are entered into the system as "redeemed" by the restaurant.

Are the breakast certs any different? I don´t have the Fairmont CC, but would have thought that any certs would have you rname on them as well...
The visa certificates only have a name on them, no number. And, it's the name of the credit card holder as opposed to the name on the Fairmont account (holder). If that makes sense.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
When using the two Visa free-night certs in conjunction with a suite upgrade cert, what type of suite does one typically get?
Old Apr 26, 2013, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
soon

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
When using a suite upgrade certificate at the BSH, you are allowed to choose from a number of options, including the Jr Suite, a Stanley Thompson suite, a honeymoon suite, or a 1-bedroom king suite. The 1-bedroom king suite is the most valuable/spacious of the lot offered, and if it's available for your dates, I'd probably choose that category. I've never stayed in the honeymoon suites, located in the turrets. They do have 2 floors, but at 450 square feet over 2 floors, it sounds like it might feel a little cramped?
I've got an upcoming trip in May coming up, and the Platinum desk booked me into a "1 bedroom suite" in the main building. Previously I've had a Jr. Suite, which was fine - although they did offer me something else which was on the top floor, but was very dark, had small windows and angled ceilings which made it feel cramped. I'm interested to see what a 1 bedroom suite is like. Any tips on which ones may be nicer should I have the chance to request.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Spa Specials for the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel's 125th Anniversary

http://www.examiner.com/article/spa-...th-anniversary

Celebrate with Diamonds

The spa tradition in Banff is as old as the hotel, when guests would come to soak in the hot springs of Sulphur Mountain, so it's only fitting that the spa would choose to celebrate alongside the hotel. And what better way to celebrate an anniversary than with diamonds? In honour of the big year, the spa has brought in a decadent Diamond Radiance Facial for $269 that uses light-reflecting diamond particles to minimize the look of fine lines and wrinkles. Because even if we're not yet 125, we still don't want to look our age.

Other spa promotions include a free gift with every $125 purchase of Kerstin Florian products and a chance to win an Ultra Luxurious Skincare Basket with a purchase $125 or more of B. Kamins products.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 10:46 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Might try that. We did a spa package again for ONE of the days we're up there (I really like the flexibility to do that and then buy a couple days - and use a free night and free suite upgrade. :-)

Spa packages have gone up, but if one is going to buy a couple 175$ spa treatments (that includes tax and gratuities as well) then with free breakie, two days access to the spa area, free parking and other, the room ends up costing about 50$ a night.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jmd001
When using the two Visa free-night certs in conjunction with a suite upgrade cert, what type of suite does one typically get?
At the Fairmont Banff Springs, Junior Suite. If not available, then Executive Suite. If not available, then the One Bedroom Suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.