Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Banff Springs

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2011, 10:37 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
Honeymoon Suite Pics

Here are some pics of room 997, a Honeymoon Suite at the Springs.

Last edited by Shenanigans; May 27, 2013 at 10:25 pm
Old Mar 13, 2011, 3:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Shenanigans.. Always a memorable stay in the Honeymoon Suite.^

I got a new personal concierge this past week, so just feeling out what he can or can't do.. so the spa suite deal is on hold. My old personal concierge I think was promoted.. she was awesome and I hope her the best. So far, I'm not too impressed with what he's been able to do. For example, I did up the Visa Signature Infinite Deal on two nights and a Escape to Willowstream Deal on one night. He said he could combine the three nights into one stay and apply a suite upgrade. So after hassling around with the Visa Infinite Site, and trying their call collect numbers, I gave up trying to book (tried their website too as it stated that I didn't have a valid Visa Infinite Card.. probably stared at my card 7 times to make sure it Visa Infinite written on it and sure it does). So I call CIBC Visa, who then led me to call CIBC Infinite Visa, who then led me finally to Aerogold Infinite Visa Concierge. Well, finally I was able to book but had to give every piece of information painstakingly over the phone to get the two nights booked. Phew.. finally.

So called up FPC Platinum concierge and talked to my new concierge and he said no problem I'll upgrade you to a suite.. Then he says Mr. Maestro, you've got a Junior Suite, then I said well there is a One Bedroom available, and I've been an FPC member for 10 years.. He says, sorry, while there are Junior Suites, we can't give you the one bedroom. Not impressed, I just cancelled the entire reservation, and said call me back when a one bedroom is available. So I'm not sure if the rules have changed as part of the 'enhancements' and going through a feeling out process. but, seriously when each Platinum member has two suite upgrades, can't help but to be choosey what to book.
Old May 6, 2011, 4:13 pm

Well with the recent news at Lake Louise (Fairly minor but check the Louise thread) I suggest anyone looking to stay at this hotel in the near future better make their reservation asap because I think demand will increase and you know what that does with prices too....
Old May 8, 2011, 8:12 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
hmm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Try to book this room with the suite upgrade plus $100 per night.. Call Shelley FPC desk.. I've got it arranged for anyone who's interested in the Spa Suite.^

Tell her I sent you..^
Wish I'd read this prior to coming, I would certainly have paid the 100$ a night to confirm this radical suite for a special trip.

yes, resort fee is still here, silly actually. at LEAST it doesn't include Wifi (since as a FPC one gets that for free) but still silly, just put it in the darn rate. Also, there was no mention of it on the reservation or at check-in (usually there is a small card explaining to the guest WHY they are going to have an additional fee tacked on)
Old May 8, 2011, 10:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nmenaker
Wish I'd read this prior to coming, I would certainly have paid the 100$ a night to confirm this radical suite for a special trip.

yes, resort fee is still here, silly actually. at LEAST it doesn't include Wifi (since as a FPC one gets that for free) but still silly, just put it in the darn rate. Also, there was no mention of it on the reservation or at check-in (usually there is a small card explaining to the guest WHY they are going to have an additional fee tacked on)
Things have changed since.. Shelley no longer is my personal concierge.. but you can talk to the front desk manager about it, see if its available.

Hopefully you have a nice finish to the mother's day.. did you book their Mother's Day brunch.. the spread is the nicest throughout the year what they do at BSH. If you haven't, maybe try and e-mail my contact or show up at the check-in.. if sold out, they often accomodate hotel guests at these special brunches.^
Old May 8, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
out day

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Things have changed since.. Shelley no longer is my personal concierge.. but you can talk to the front desk manager about it, see if its available.

Hopefully you have a nice finish to the mother's day.. did you book their Mother's Day brunch.. the spread is the nicest throughout the year what they do at BSH. If you haven't, maybe try and e-mail my contact or show up at the check-in.. if sold out, they often accomodate hotel guests at these special brunches.^
today is our out day, so I should have tried this at check-in or booking, which I definitely try for if we come back soon. Didn't do the mothers day brunch (a bit of a good choice now that I see the huge throngs of people who clearly are coming for just that today, hotel is pretty packed now - also, we didn't have a great experience in the Grill for breakfast on Friday, and wasn't sure how/what the brunch would be) we hit town for some breakfast and coffee and then did some nice morning hiking in the SNOW, it was really coming down till about 30 minutes ago. The hiking was magical.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Highly Recommended - Skilled Hair Stylist at the Fairmont Banff Springs

Currently at the Banff Springs Hotel for a long weekend stay over Remembrance day..

The entire family got haircuts at the Willowstream Spa .. Great new girl named Ashley doing hair at the salon.. Best cut we've had at the Springs.. She's around 25, attractive and well spoken.. she's very meticulous and detailed.. She's a cosmetitician by trade, and has post secondary hair training..

She even trimmed my eye brows and gave me a head massage when washing my hair.. I've never had that before at any of the Fairmont spas.. The haircut and process was very profeesional.. Attention to detail.. she doesn't rush you off for the next customer..

Anyways, Men's haircuts are $40, and for women $59.. plus FPC members get 10% off.. I highly recommend Ashley.. she has gone over and above.. my wife liked and enjoyed her cut.. my kids look like me after their hair is all said and done too.. exact replicas..

Anyways, mention Maestro to her.. and get the royal treatment.. she's wants more business, and deserves it.. she's marketing amongst the locals to get her name out as well..
Old Nov 13, 2011, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Old Nov 13, 2011, 10:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
roll eyes if you may.. My doctor buddy ended up sending down a few members as well.. an excellent detailed cut that took about an hour each..

$59 for a woman's haircut is a bargain.. my wife has for a few years paid over $100 in Calgary to get here hair done..

Plus, she's very attractive.. so for those single FPC elite guys out there.. the more appropriate emoticon would be ..
Old Dec 11, 2011, 7:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
Just got back from a lovely wknd stay at Banff Springs. We combined one night of the Escape to Willowstream package for $449 and my free night cert. We also used a suite upgrade cert and were lucky enough to score one of the "Honeymoon Suites" - Room 998. Our room was very similar to the pics in the earlier post. The ground floor had a sitting area with a long couch and bathroom with a huge jacuzzi tub and separate shower and a spiral staircase led up to the master bedroom with ensuite. From the bed was an awesome view of the mountains. Overall the room was great and was a welcome surprise relative to the suite upgrades I have received there in the past. The platinum amenity of the multi-tiered cheese plate with crackers, fruit etc was waiting in my room upon arrival. If I had to knit-pick, the only very minor issues with the room were that the cable reception on the flat screen TV in the master was horrible, but wasn't a big enough issue to call someone to fix. As well, noises from the old pipes, heating or whatever it was woke me up several times per night.

On Friday night, we ate at the Grapes Wine Bar. I used up my plat cert for the free local dish which in this case was the tenderloin which was cooked to perfection. Service overall was great. We asked if it would be possible to have the chocolate fondue dessert that was on the menu in the Rundle Lounge as it's not on the Rundle Lounge menu. The server ran off to see if that was ok and came back to let us know that it wouldn't be a problem, but we had to sit up on the 2nd flr which was a lot quieter in order for the other patrons to not see the fondue as everyone would want to order it which was fine by us.

Saturday we had breakfast in the Bow Valley Grill which was free as part of the Willowstream package. We were given the option of ordering off the menu or having the buffet so we just opted for the buffet. Although there was not as many choices as the Sunday buffet there was more than enough to choose from.

After breakfast we headed off to the Spa for our treatments. I had the Hot Stone Massage while the wife had the Relaxation Massage followed by a pedicure. Although I have stayed at the property 5 times in the past, this was my first venture into the Spa area. Given it was a weekend, it was somewhat busy, but still enough chairs in the spa area to go around. Both of us enjoyed our massages, but they weren't the best we have ever had. After our treatments, we stopped by the coed lounge hoping to order something to eat, but it was standing room only so we went back down to the outdoor hottub and returned 30 mins later and were able to grab some seats. We had the ceasar salad and a bento box. The bento box was very tasty and the food arrived in less than 15 mins. When departing from the spa, we requested receipts so we can claim the massages through our health insurance, however when I had a detailed look at the wife's, it was missing the details of the massage therapist - ie name and #. We hit up the hottub again before a late dinner so I stopped at the front desk in the spa and asked for those details for the bill. They had a look and replied - Sorry - her masseuse was no longer registered - Someone should have let you know that prior to the treatment. Nothing was said to either of us when I booked the treatments a few weeks prior, nor when I called the day before to confirm the times, nor when we arrived and specifically requested receipts for our health insurance. The clerk stated that they would check with their supervisor to see what could be done. Needless to say things were taken care of by the time we returned from dinner in Banff as there was a revised receipt and a personalized note slid under our door stating that everything was taken care of. Post dinner, we stopped by the Rundle Lounge again for a couple of late nightcaps and once again service was top notch

On Sunday, we opted for the late checkout and just had a quick bite to go at the Castle Pantry and took advantage of the lack of crowds to enjoy the outdoor pool. Upon review of the bill, I noticed that they extra charged me for the massages on top of original package which they removed when finally checking out.

Overall, it was another great stay at the Banff Springs. The Escape to Willowstream package can't be beat as it includes the room, breakfast, self parking ($10 extra for valet) and the spa treatments all for $449. Factoring in that the massages were $185 and $195 each (if you are able to claim those under your health insurance or even a portion for that matter), breakfast for 2 for $60 and $25 for parking, you have great an awesome deal on your hands for a quick night away from Calgary.

We have vowed to hit up this deal again at some point this winter.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:26 am

Programs: Now AC Peon, *A nobody, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, FPC Platinum
What was the massage value on your insurace receipt? I have had debates with them about this point before.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by anti_ice
What was the massage value on your insurace receipt? I have had debates with them about this point before.
The receipt was for the full amount less then 10% platinum discount, however, maybe the reason why I didn't have an issue getting a receipt for the full amount off of them was that they didn't apply it as part of the Escape to Willowstream package - as evidenced by the full charge of the massages on the bill upon checkout.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: Now AC Peon, *A nobody, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by habshabs444
The receipt was for the full amount less then 10% platinum discount, however, maybe the reason why I didn't have an issue getting a receipt for the full amount off of them was that they didn't apply it as part of the Escape to Willowstream package - as evidenced by the full charge of the massages on the bill upon checkout.
Ahhh, interesting, then they removed the charge altogether. Perhaps you just got lucky.

I suspect providing receipts for the full value would encourage more patrons to stay on the willow stream package? I wonder how they determine the "value" of the massage within the package?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:15 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Wonderful 2-night stay on Gold Floor

We wrapped up a one week stay in Calgary (during the IIHF tournament) with 2 nights on the Gold floor at the Banff Springs. It was a wonderful experience! Some highlights:
- the Gold team are amazing. They accommodated every special request - room upgrade, a rollaway, special pillows for the kids, even a PSP!
- we strongly recommend the heritage tour of the hotel, Tues-Sat at 3 pm. David is the tour guide and he knows everything there is to know about the castle!
- Jessica is a fitness instructor in the Willow Stream Spa, and leads both the wilderness walk and the snowshoeing. We did the walk, and recommend it!

The rooms are on the small side. The breakfast offerings could be improved (no muesli/plain yogourt, blueberries/blackberries, or bananas). These are minor when compared to what was provided!

The kids really enjoyed the outdoor pool. We were amazed by the number of patrons who went for treatments in the spa. I was disappointed to discover that both the sauna and the steam room are on the Willow Stream side i.e. other hotel patrons must pay $69 ($49 for FPC members) to use the spa. At other Fairmount properties - RY, Montebello, Le Manoir Richelieu, for example - these services are complimentary for all hotel guests.^

All in all, it was well worth it to stay on the Gold Floor!
Old Jan 8, 2012, 2:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
We wrapped up a one week stay in Calgary (during the IIHF tournament) with 2 nights on the Gold floor at the Banff Springs. It was a wonderful experience! Some highlights:
- the Gold team are amazing. They accommodated every special request - room upgrade, a rollaway, special pillows for the kids, even a PSP!
- we strongly recommend the heritage tour of the hotel, Tues-Sat at 3 pm. David is the tour guide and he knows everything there is to know about the castle!
- Jessica is a fitness instructor in the Willow Stream Spa, and leads both the wilderness walk and the snowshoeing. We did the walk, and recommend it!

The rooms are on the small side. The breakfast offerings could be improved (no muesli/plain yogourt, blueberries/blackberries, or bananas). These are minor when compared to what was provided!

The kids really enjoyed the outdoor pool. We were amazed by the number of patrons who went for treatments in the spa. I was disappointed to discover that both the sauna and the steam room are on the Willow Stream side i.e. other hotel patrons must pay $69 ($49 for FPC members) to use the spa. At other Fairmount properties - RY, Montebello, Le Manoir Richelieu, for example - these services are complimentary for all hotel guests.^

All in all, it was well worth it to stay on the Gold Floor!
The spa is world class, and must not be missed..

There are private lounges in the spa, as well as a Hungarian Mineral Pool, three water falls, outside hot pool.. private saunas, steam rooms, eucalyptus rooms, and hot rock rooms in both mens and ladies change rooms..

The Banff Springs Willow Stream Spa is world class, and worth the price of admission.. But you get spa access with a treatment, and I find that their Escape to Willowstream Package is a really good value..

Having said that, the public hot pool, 32m indoor pool, and rundle sauna is pretty nice..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.