Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Banff Springs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2011, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Update: Just confirmed our stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs for February.. Shhhhhpppppaaaaaaahhhhh Suite confirmed.^ .. Didn't expect it, but many thanks.. a favorite suite of ours as it is architecturally refined and mere steps away from the pool for the kids and of course the world famous and internationally renowned Banff Springs Shhhhppppppaaaaahhhh.

Found out last stay, there is actually an elevator up from the spa to just outside the suite.. neat!
Another round of Shhhhpppaaahhhh Goodness! Enjoy AM.

I'll be checking in this weekend into a 1 bedroom suite. I called your PC to arrange for the extra $100 Spa Suite deal but it was booked for the days I'm going. She still put a note I'm willing to pay the $$$ and I put a request for Regal too so maybe if one of the fancy rooms are empty I'll get a specialty upgrade. No big deal though because I don't think I've ever stayed in a 1 bedroom.
I also booked the rooms for 5 other couples and we plan to have a few drinks at my suite before dinner so I think this room should be good enough for entertaining.
And of course I'll be one of the few ppl who enjoy that cold pool at the Szzzzzppppaaaahhhh, but not as much as I know you do!

It's too bad I can only use one upgrade per stay bc I would have upgraded my friends with 2 room upgrades that are about to expire for the 3rd year in a row. I guess they will have to stay there more often to get the benefits they give their loyal customers.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 2:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Dude.. go when its' available.. but, you know I've been going on really high season and its been nice to get the Shhhhppppppaaaaaahhhhhh suite! Like Canada Day long weekend. Sent a note to the Hotel Manager regarding our phone conversation today. Have a great time at the Shhhhhppppprrrrrrriiiiiinnnnnnnngggggsssss!
Old Feb 3, 2011, 4:25 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Banffshire private room at no charge! You are ahead my friend!.. And worth every penny to have that private wine cellar room with curved ceilings.. btw, the curve ceiling is aligned perfectly out to the foyer curved ceiling. This room is the epitome of luxurious dining at the Banff Springs.. I ended up involuntarily getting the head of the table this last Canada Day Long Weekend, and was sitting where the queen, president's and prime ministers, Executives of Billion Dollar Companies sat. Priceless.

Kokinos.. Have everyone do the musical chairs for the head of the table, and let me know if anyone feels tingly after a meal like that. LOL.
The Banffshire private room sounds interesting. Is there a minimum person booking or do you just book a seat and its mixed company? Planning a trip so sounds like a nice extra given $200 ea w/ booze.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Points Surfer
The Banffshire private room sounds interesting. Is there a minimum person booking or do you just book a seat and its mixed company? Planning a trip so sounds like a nice extra given $200 ea w/ booze.
My doctor buddy was at concierge and was talking about dining at Banffshire. Tells concierge he has 5 kids and how it would probably disrupt the entire restaurant, and that was when he found out he could book the Banffshire Club private room no charge.

As well, the private rooms at BVG can go no charge as well.. I tried booking it up during the same stay but it was already taken.. Nice line of tables up against the view beside the fireplace.. IMO, rather have that so we can access the buffet quickly anyways.^
Old Feb 4, 2011, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Here´s a question for the regular BSH guests: How much does a round of golf cost for 1 person/2people?

Is the 2for1 round of golf for Plat members applicable here?
Old Feb 4, 2011, 6:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Here´s a question for the regular BSH guests: How much does a round of golf cost for 1 person/2people?

Is the 2for1 round of golf for Plat members applicable here?
Jasper2009.. You're in luck.. cause Kokinos and I.. we hit the links last year together with two others with 2 - 2 for 1 prem/plat golf cert, and even combined it with twilight rates.^

Rates Twilight is $160 pp, and regular something like $230 pp.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Jasper2009.. You're in luck.. cause Kokinos and I.. we hit the links last year together with two others with 2 - 2 for 1 prem/plat golf cert, and even combined it with twilight rates.^

Rates Twilight is $160 pp, and regular something like $230 pp.
Thank´s! Just to clarify: It´s $230 for the first person and the second person is free, or is it $230 pp after the 2for1discount?
Old Feb 5, 2011, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Thank´s! Just to clarify: It´s $230 for the first person and the second person is free, or is it $230 pp after the 2for1discount?
Price quoted is green fee per person. You have the 2 for 1 certificate, then the second person golfing is free. So basically half price of $230 pp is the average price between two golfers under the deal.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 4:01 pm
Suspended

Currently at the Springs in a Shpaaaahhhhh Suite..^ Courtesy of the Hotel Manager.. Many thanks, certainly not expected, but any unexpected and unrequested upgrade is definitely appreciated.. Also, hooked up my Doctor Buddy on a Manager Special in the Prized Presidential Suite this weekend.. at a special rate of course. Will be thinking of you FTers up top looking down, while hanging out in the 3,000 sq ft Presidential Suite. Happy Family Day Long Weekend!

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Feb 18, 2011 at 4:07 pm
Old Feb 21, 2011, 10:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Currently at the Springs in a Shpaaaahhhhh Suite..^ Courtesy of the Hotel Manager.. Many thanks, certainly not expected, but any unexpected and unrequested upgrade is definitely appreciated.. Also, hooked up my Doctor Buddy on a Manager Special in the Prized Presidential Suite this weekend.. at a special rate of course. Will be thinking of you FTers up top looking down, while hanging out in the 3,000 sq ft Presidential Suite. Happy Family Day Long Weekend!
Would love some pics of the Prez Suite!
Old Feb 24, 2011, 5:58 pm

I was just reading Score Golf magazine top 100 courses in Canada today and Banff Springs is #5! Jasper Park #4 so perhaps I'll have to the urge to drive a little further and check that one out this summer too.
My last stays at the Springs was truly 1st class in all departments. I did start a small trip report so will post it later.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Are there any rooms that have fireplaces at this property? I am looking to take my hubby for his 40th birthday in late May, and was hoping to have a fireplace room. It doesn't appear that any of the rooms, not even the suites, have fireplaces, but just wanted to double check here. Also, what is the best view here? I am confused w/Mountain View and Valley View; I would think Mountain would be more expensive, but the Valley rates are higher.

I want to take advantage of the awesome rates available via the Spotlight offer, but the sale ends today. Pressure, pressure!
Old Feb 27, 2011, 4:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by blase
Are there any rooms that have fireplaces at this property? I am looking to take my hubby for his 40th birthday in late May, and was hoping to have a fireplace room. It doesn't appear that any of the rooms, not even the suites, have fireplaces, but just wanted to double check here. Also, what is the best view here? I am confused w/Mountain View and Valley View; I would think Mountain would be more expensive, but the Valley rates are higher.

I want to take advantage of the awesome rates available via the Spotlight offer, but the sale ends today. Pressure, pressure!
I was just in one that has a fireplace. Spa suite, presidential suite (I think wood burning fire place), Van Horne suite.. off the top of my head has an actual working fireplace. Executive suites, and signature rooms have fireplaces for show. When making a reservation, make sure you as for a working fireplace in your room and you'll likely get one.

I remember that Premier Deluxe may have one as well.. double check on that one.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 5:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Would love some pics of the Prez Suite!
I would post them.. but my family and friends are pretty much in each and every picture we took. I might be mistaken for some head of state.. don't want that to happen.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Accor Plat
Just wanted to thank Ancien for setting up the spa suite deal - used his concierge at the Plat line to help me set it up next week when I'm there - looking forward to it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.