Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Fairmont President’s Club Promotion Codes: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont President’s Club Promotion Codes: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2004, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Did you enjoy the Gold Floor? I thought the staff at the one in Whistler were just incredible - speaking to guests in their native languages (not English or French) and taking the time to ensure EVERYTHING was perfect. I am ready to pay for this service now and well, generally I am not one to part with cash easily!

Make sure you leave enough time to use your free nights as they will still probably send these and the package to you after the 10th stay. Then in February a new package of goodies!
Old Sep 29, 2004, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=Altaflyer]Did you enjoy the Gold Floor?

Very much.Breakfast was very good.Assortment ,wonderful.
I too,will pay extra for this type of service.I find the staff to be extremely pleasant.Everytime.

I hope that Waterfront has some surprises as well.They are aware that I am there with Mrs.acysb87 on our anniversary.
Regardless,the Fairmont experience has been very positive.

Last edited by acysb87; Sep 30, 2004 at 3:32 am
Old Sep 29, 2004, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
The Waterfront in Vancouver goes above and beyond standard Fairmont levels of service everyday so given it is a special occasion I can only imagine the lengths that they will go to. Let us know. Their attention to detail is incredible.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 12:18 pm

Programs: CO PLT, AA PLT, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Avis First
Was wondering if anyone still had the source code for amex platinum, if you do please PM it to me. I have an AMEX plat in the US, but they dont provide you with a code.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tiev
Was wondering if anyone still had the source code for amex platinum, if you do please PM it to me. I have an AMEX plat in the US, but they dont provide you with a code.

Last edited by rajvar; Dec 11, 2005 at 5:55 pm Reason: nevermind, realized the amex promo is gone
Old Feb 22, 2006, 11:01 am

Programs: UA Premier,AA, Hertz #1 Gold, Travelocity VIP
Fairmont's Presidents' Club - Promo Code?

I am trying to join Fairmont's Presidents' Club online and it says:

If you were referred to this Presidents' Club registration process by Fairmont Hotels & Resorts or by one of our partners, and have a registration promotional code, please provide that code in the space below.

I'm afraid I'll miss out on something if I don't have a promotional code - any ideas or does anyone know what the promo code gets you?

Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2006, 6:16 am

Hi

Did a search a found this This Thread its almost 2 years old now though.

Does anybody know up to date codes? Would sure be helpfull.

James
Old Feb 23, 2006, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You guys are new here but most Fairmont veterans are a wee bit peeved at the company at the moment so anything that sends business their way may not be something that people are keen on doing. Having said that, Promo codes are things you get from a credit card company or like when you get a card that offers "benefits" at Fairmont.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 8:41 am

Programs: LH Sen
The AmEx Platinum code does not seem to be working any more.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 6:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, IC Plat RA, Fairmont Plat...
That's because they ended their agreement.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
You guys are new here but most Fairmont veterans are a wee bit peeved at the company at the moment so anything that sends business their way may not be something that people are keen on doing. Having said that, Promo codes are things you get from a credit card company or like when you get a card that offers "benefits" at Fairmont.
I've been following the threads on here, think your signature says it all at the moment LOL
Old Sep 28, 2006, 1:33 am

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Premier
Originally Posted by oxfordjames
I've been following the threads on here, think your signature says it all at the moment LOL

I think you should consider that the comments from "veteran" FPC members have all been about their "freebies" being taken away. Since when was the world ever "free"??? Last time I checked, companies had a right to change their programs to ensure they weren't in the "red". Has anyone ever thought that these programs are being ABUSED!!! As I've read several threads on the wasted energy of so many people who double up on coupons, all I have to say is you are all responsible for the decline of these programs by abusing the generosity of these companies!! I never thought I'd pay over $3.00 a gallon for gas either but that is just the way the world turns. I don't see many complaints that there isn't a "freebie" program with Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, Mandarin Oriental, Peninsula, etc......why is it that everyone complains because their "scam" got caught and companies have wizened up to being taken by abusive travelers???? Believe me, hotel companies do recognize loyal customers....but they're not stupid either and also see abusers for who they are. The hotel programs like Starwood, Hilton, Hyatt, etc. are for companies that have 100s and 100s of hotels in their brand. For smaller TRUE high end hotel companies, they get hit by a higher loss margin with redemption of these certificates. Something has to give!!! And being an FPC member myself, I do see that it is only ONE certificate per visit. I think those who are complaining have utilized both an u/g and free night stay certificate at the same time....I would say the hotels have been overly generous to accommodate you all. What would you do if this was your company??? I doubt any of you were shareholders either!
Old Sep 28, 2006, 8:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hotelsales
I think you should consider that the comments from "veteran" FPC members have all been about their "freebies" being taken away. Since when was the world ever "free"??? Last time I checked, companies had a right to change their programs to ensure they weren't in the "red". Has anyone ever thought that these programs are being ABUSED!!! As I've read several threads on the wasted energy of so many people who double up on coupons, all I have to say is you are all responsible for the decline of these programs by abusing the generosity of these companies!! I never thought I'd pay over $3.00 a gallon for gas either but that is just the way the world turns. I don't see many complaints that there isn't a "freebie" program with Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, Mandarin Oriental, Peninsula, etc......why is it that everyone complains because their "scam" got caught and companies have wizened up to being taken by abusive travelers???? Believe me, hotel companies do recognize loyal customers....but they're not stupid either and also see abusers for who they are. The hotel programs like Starwood, Hilton, Hyatt, etc. are for companies that have 100s and 100s of hotels in their brand. For smaller TRUE high end hotel companies, they get hit by a higher loss margin with redemption of these certificates. Something has to give!!! And being an FPC member myself, I do see that it is only ONE certificate per visit. I think those who are complaining have utilized both an u/g and free night stay certificate at the same time....I would say the hotels have been overly generous to accommodate you all. What would you do if this was your company??? I doubt any of you were shareholders either!
I would put it somewhat differently; it's more about having a competitive loyalty program than about freebies, at least for me. I think you're deceiving yourself if you think Fairmont can compete with Four Seasons, RC, MO and Peninsula. The quality of the product is not remotely comparable (with the possible exception of the Savoy in London). More realistically, at least in the US, their competition is Westin, JW Marriott, W, and other higher end, mainstream chains. All of those alternatives offer a much more compelling loyalty program than Fairmont does; if the quality of the product is basically the same (which it is, for the most part, or even slightly worse for Fairmont than some of the others), then the loyalty program becomes the swing issue.

In my case, I have approximately 40 stays YTD. Under the old Fairmont program, about 25 would have been with Fairmont. Under the new one, only 6 were. My average spend per night is around $400 with meals, and my average stay is probably 2 nights. So Fairmont lost $15,200 in revenue from me, of which more than half is truly lost (nights when the hotels were not full and they did not sell the room I would have taken to someone else). Let's call it $7500. They "saved", at most, $500 (value of 2 nights * likelihood those nights displace paid stays, $500 * 2 * .5) by cutting the program. So the net loss is something like $7000. The math seems pretty obvious to me.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 9:18 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
You did not read the posts close enough. It was the lack of notice about the changes that pissed everyone off.

By the way I was a share holder of Fairmont and still have an interest in Legacy Hotels.

Since the changes I have also spent about $15,000 less. The Prince does not care because he is getting my business from FS anyway.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 11:58 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by hotelsales
....that it is only ONE certificate per visit. I think those who are complaining have utilized both an u/g and free night stay certificate at the same time...
The rules in the past and the current rules allow for the double dip with the certificates.

As another poster has said, FPC had the right to change the rules. But it was a horrible PR move to change the rules mid-year. People had made decisions to stay at Fairmont with the goal of qualifying for a certain published benefit. I think you can understand how those people felt deceived.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.