Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2011, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by southy1978
I am trying to decide whether to stay at the Kea Lani or the Ritz. While I realize that Wailea is a more preferable location than Kapalua (primarily because of better weather and proximity to beach), I am concerned by reports that the rooms and property at the Kea Lani seem run down and in need of renovation.

Did the renovations in Fall 2010 apply only to the pool, or did they refurbish/renovate all of the guest suites as well ?

Thanks,
S
FWIW, we stayed at the Kea Lani for a week in April, 2010. We absolutely loved it. We explored the entire island, including Kapalua, and would highly recommend staying in Wailea. The wind comes up in the afternoon in Kapalua and blows the sand. It makes the beach very uncomfortable. We went back and forth between Fairmont and Four Seasons. We finally stayed at the Fairmont for 1 week and FS for 1 night to try it for the future. I will go back to the Fairmont. The rooms and pools were updated (per the website). The pools, extensive lawns, and less crowded beach are great. Having a quick service cafe' available was great, parking was easy, staff was very friendly. The rooms are nice but not four seasons nice. However, the balcony is huge (tiny at the FS), the views are way better (little view at FS without a suite) and the staff is not so snooty. You are in paradise, so you should spend your time outside anyways. Explore the island also because it is beautiful!
Old Mar 22, 2011, 1:18 pm

One more thing. For miles junkies, all the restaurants at Kea Lani are part of the idine (AA Dining, UA dining, etc) so charge them to your cc and not your room.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 2:56 pm

Is there a water slide here? I thought I asked that before, sorry if i did...

I am only considering Westin and GW for that reason
Old Apr 2, 2011, 1:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by randys1
Is there a water slide here? I thought I asked that before, sorry if i did...

I am only considering Westin and GW for that reason
Kea Lani has one waterslide and is supervised by a lifeguard via closed circuit television. The water slide is connected from the upper pool to the main pool. There is an adult pool as well.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Kea Lani has one waterslide and is supervised by a lifeguard via closed circuit television. The water slide is connected from the upper pool to the main pool. There is an adult pool as well.
hmm, i wonder how it compares in size and length to the one at GW or Westin
Old Apr 2, 2011, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
There is an adult pool as well.
the adult pool is nice, and calm and still. Drinks arrive quickly and if one gets the cabana on the west side end one can easily watch the nanny with the kids on the water slide. :-)

It's called a VACATION! :-)
Old Apr 2, 2011, 6:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Wife and I spent our honeymoon there at the end of 2009 and it was excellent. Great staff, good food, and a very nice hotel.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 2:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nmenaker
the adult pool is nice, and calm and still. Drinks arrive quickly and if one gets the cabana on the west side end one can easily watch the nanny with the kids on the water slide. :-)

It's called a VACATION! :-)
Its great that Kea Lani has the one water slide.. and a lifeguard to ensure kids don't end up piling up on each other.

Our close friends Doctor, wife and 5 kids always go to the Grand Wailea.. Sort of like Disney World meets Maui over there.. But we're loyal to Fairmont, as its nicely balanced, and the best location Wailea amongst the big 3; absolutely beautiful during Whale season. One year we must have watched one whale breach 35 times over a short period between Lanai and Molokai west of Molokini.

We can almost pinpoint where Kea Lani is located on Maui from the Kohala Coast, Big Island. The waters are beautiful and the whales are happy which is good to see. Will be there very soon.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 3:38 am
Suspended

Finally arrived to Fairmont Kea Lani today.. I refer this hotel to as Heaven on Earth.. Just a different world here of relaxation and escape.

We received an upgrade to Deluxe Ocean View Suite upon arrival.. so definitely Ono (Hawaiian for Good). Amenity was 4 bags of different flavored Mac Nuts in a shirt box.

Valet parking is free on the first night (change from last year), and self parking is still complimentary.^

Polo Beach and the pool tonite was amazing.. first thing we did when we arrived, my 5 year old son and I went into the pool.

Pool renos are immaculate with new flagstone walk ways. Room renos weren't really complete renos.. carpet was done in 09 anyways. New paint job, and new furniture. Same marble and carpet, and the lamps seem to be the same. Basically lipstick, but can't beat the location.. its' absolutely beautiful in Wailea, and with the Ohana treatment we received at check-in today, we are sure to be back as soon as we possible can.

We ate at Mama's Fish House.. great setting, atmosphere, attention to detail.. my wife had a rock tail lobster sandwich.. there was so much lobster meat, just the fresh lobster was worth the $32 price tag on the dish. Drinks were good, the restaurant is ocean front, and the surf had alot of action today. Free valet parking.. very nice and pricey experience.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Diamond
Finally arrived to Fairmont Kea Lani today.. I refer this hotel to as Heaven on Earth.. Just a different world here of relaxation and escape.

We received an upgrade to Deluxe Ocean View Suite upon arrival.. so definitely Ono (Hawaiian for Good). Amenity was 4 bags of different flavored Mac Nuts in a shirt box.

Valet parking is free on the first night (change from last year), and self parking is still complimentary.^

Polo Beach and the pool tonite was amazing.. first thing we did when we arrived, my 5 year old son and I went into the pool.

Pool renos are immaculate with new flagstone walk ways. Room renos weren't really complete renos.. carpet was done in 09 anyways. New paint job, and new furniture. Same marble and carpet, and the lamps seem to be the same. Basically lipstick, but can't beat the location.. its' absolutely beautiful in Wailea, and with the Ohana treatment we received at check-in today, we are sure to be back as soon as we possible can.

We ate at Mama's Fish House.. great setting, atmosphere, attention to detail.. my wife had a rock tail lobster sandwich.. there was so much lobster meat, just the fresh lobster was worth the $32 price tag on the dish. Drinks were good, the restaurant is ocean front, and the surf had alot of action today. Free valet parking.. very nice and pricey experience.
Good to know about the free valet on the first night. We're going next month and we'll make sure we take advantage.

No problem with the kids at Mama's Fish House? We'll be bringing our 9 month old and I would hate to drive out there and find out it's not welcoming for little ones.

Have a great time there!
Old Apr 13, 2011, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bobofoosh
Good to know about the free valet on the first night. We're going next month and we'll make sure we take advantage.

No problem with the kids at Mama's Fish House? We'll be bringing our 9 month old and I would hate to drive out there and find out it's not welcoming for little ones.

Have a great time there!
Thanks Bobofoosh! Glad to hear that you've got a fabulous guaranteed upgrade.. better than me.. you'll have to PM me your methods.

Mama's Fish House I've avoided for 4 trips hearing comments its overpriced, and the food wasn't worth it. Contrary, the service is excellent, the restaurant is Ocean Front with a beach.. so you can just hang out at the beach afterwards and get some pictures.. and the restuarant was pristine with authentic Hawaiian Ohana feel.. fresh flowers put out everyday.. table clothes are doubled up and Hawaiian.. free bread (good for our one year old).. stroller went into the restaurant with no fuss.. even the plates were the shape of a fish.. Keiki plates the shape of a small fish.. btw, child meals are $19, and keiki drinks are $2.50 (in the menu $8, don't know if waitress gave me a deal.. so prepared to pay the piper as its the most expensive grilled cheese I've ever paid)

Edit: I need to mention that the fish for lunch is caught the night before, and the fish for dinner is caught day of..

Nice kick off to a vacation arrival to Maui.. we ate lunch there before checking in to Fairmont Kea Lani
Old Apr 20, 2011, 8:22 am

friends and family rates for kea lani

Does anyone know if you can still get the friends and family rate for the kea lani?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 8:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dosomething0
Does anyone know if you can still get the friends and family rate for the kea lani?
You can still get the friends and family rate only through an employee you know.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by dosomething0
There have been countless new users here in the Fairmont Forum with between 1-5 posts to their credit, and they always include a post with a question essentially directed to Ancien Maestro who is able to answer them, along with advertising the Ancien Maestro Facebook page, or previously the Ancien Maestro NFAF booking service, or the Ancien Maestro Secrets of Fairmont.

Does anyone else think this is odd? Can the IP addresses of those users be tracked to a single user possibly by the Mods? All of it really clutters up ALL the postings in the Fairmont Forum.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by sfcaFLYER
There have been countless new users here in the Fairmont Forum with between 1-5 posts to their credit, and they always include a post with a question essentially directed to Ancien Maestro who is able to answer them, along with advertising the Ancien Maestro Facebook page, or previously the Ancien Maestro NFAF booking service, or the Ancien Maestro Secrets of Fairmont.

Does anyone else think this is odd? Can the IP addresses of those users be tracked to a single user possibly by the Mods? All of it really clutters up ALL the postings in the Fairmont Forum.
I'm not as concerned as you that something nefarious is going on. That would be most likely more effort than it is worth. these threads seem to move well enough on their own not to warrant any nudging from anyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.