Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2010, 9:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold,, Marriott Plat
we just returned from maui, and if you really like sushi, you MUST try the sushi bar in Makawao town on the way up to the crater. Went there 3 times on a 9 night stay and always left stuffed and with money still in my pocket. Check out my review on trip advisor..Rockin' sushi house maui. and say hi to ben for me !!!
Old Mar 28, 2010, 10:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Tax Dude
The benefits listed are pretty similar to what you get as an Amex Platinum card holder through their Fine Hotels and Resorts program. For the Kea Lani they list:

Fine Hotels and Resorts Amenities
A room upgrade when available, upon check-in.
Daily continental breakfast for up to two people.
Guaranteed four o'clock p.m. late check-out.
Customized Special Amenity

A complimentary lunch for up to two people per room, excluding alcohol, taxes and gratuities, once during your stay.

It is possible to combine the FPC Platinum benefits with the FHR program. I generally book the room through the Amex travel people which gets me my breakfasts and the special amenity, then call or email FPC referencing my reservation number and confirm an upgrade using my cert. Usually I'll get the Platinum welcome gift in the room too. Sometimes it's an Amex one.

Maybe the same is possible using a "Perfect Escapes" reservation.
Shall do.. when I talk to Shelley I'll quote both and see how iron clad this policy is.. Will Report Back!^
Old Mar 29, 2010, 5:36 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Shall do.. when I talk to Shelley I'll quote both and see how iron clad this policy is.. Will Report Back!^
Just to be clear - you can only book the Amex FHR rate by going through Amex travel. (And often they don't have rates as cheap as the Fairmont specials.) Once you have an Amex booking, you can get the FPC Plat desk to handle your upgrade.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Tax Dude
Just to be clear - you can only book the Amex FHR rate by going through Amex travel. (And often they don't have rates as cheap as the Fairmont specials.) Once you have an Amex booking, you can get the FPC Plat desk to handle your upgrade.
I think more importantly is to point out that the public gets free upgrades through preferred partners.. so why qualify Platinum and use hard earned certs if the hotel policy is not to treat Platinum Members any better than the general public.. will try sometime this week.. Gee.. I see some whales breaching.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 2:04 pm
Suspended

After contacting FPC regarding the deals offered to the public, they upgraded our room guaranteed to OV. No free breakfast, because we are getting a discounted rate further to the public websites.. which doesn't really matter to us anyway.. The hotel policy about no upgrades at check-in for FPC Premier and Platinum members communicated to us still doesn't make sense. If you're upgrading the public at check-in, why deny this to loyal members of FPC? FPC are loyal members to the hotel, and provide a better chance of increased revenue streams in the future. So why kick FPC members in the head by treating the public to free breakfast, free upgrade, free amenity, etc... and not doing the same for members?

These public websites get upgrades on higher than Fairmont categories. Say if you book Deluxe Ocean View, you get Kilohana if its available at check in. Premiere and Platinum certificates only gets upgrades from Fairmont category to Partial Ocean View guaranteed at reservation (this is revenue adversive..) a suggestion... they should make certificates upgradeable at any category at this hotel.. and/or give the extra upgrade if available at check-in.

I think Kea Lani is providing to the public these incentives because Four Seasons, their neighbors are doing it. The problem is Four Seasons don't have a loyalty incentive program, but Fairmont does. Now they are isolating FPC members which in my opinion is a negative.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 11:12 pm
Suspended

Arrived at Fabulous Wailea.. Hotel is dated, and the facility seems to be falling apart throughout the property. Views are exceptional from the Ocean View Room we've got, but the rooms could use a bit of TLC.. marbles are cracked, grout filled with dirt, the ceiling has some black on it.. but don't let the rooms fool you, because we always have a fabulous time here, and will come back again, barring unforeseen circumstances that is.

It seems the tile in the outside halls were there from the first day of install.. almost seems like rot where the floor meets the walls. I wouldn't be surprised if mold was growing all over the place. The foyer inlaid marble is something else.. a work of art.. the grounds are well manicured, and the pool although falling apart from the seams, have kids in it filled to the brim as a result of spring break. Everyone is having a great time here. The bones of a great hotel, that environmentalists will stop at any cost from ever having another hotel built like this ever again on the shores of Wailea. So hopefully a reno in the rooms, or hotel sometime to keep things updated.

Spa Special! Pool Side massage $120 for 50 minutes. FPC gets spa access (special at Spa Kea Lani). Mark this in your calendars.. This is Maui, Hawai'i. Don't forget the 10% discount too. The Fairmont Orchid charges $169 for the same massage beside a Water Fall, and $189 for the Ocean Front massage
Old Apr 18, 2010, 3:40 pm
Suspended

OK.. Poolside massage for my wife was outstanding.. way better massage therapist than the Orchid.. made her feel really comfortable and good value out of the massage.

Poolside massage was a flop. I usually tip your typical 15% to 20%, but couldn't bring myself to do it. Supervisor of massages did my therapy, and he was outstanding.. but it was the grass cutters who made this one over the top dissappointing. Its' one thing to get the noise of grass cutters on the background.. but its' another thing to have grass cutters so close that I'm breathing in exhaust during my massage. So had to cut poolside short, and went upstairs into a private room (dissapointing as I really enjoy massages outside). Supervisor finished the massage up.. gave me a 30% discount on this massage for the trouble, as well as 30% off the next time we're out in Maui. Still couldn't bring myself to tip as I was not relaxed by the entire experience at all.. Note: I didn't ask for the discount, the supervisor just gave it to me without request.

Anyways.. Spago's at Four Seasons was excellent. It was quite entertaining watching all the movie star and celebrity wannabes walk in and out of the restaurant. Most of the ladies were on 8" cfms and wearing bright dresses dressed up to the 10s.. and the guys, dressed up in Don Cherry type suites walking in and out. Well worth the $250US drop.. and the food was excellent, not big portions, but some 9 dimensions of levels of taste. If you want to save coin, do the pre-fixe menu each day early or late for only $49 pp

Did Ruth's Chris for the third time in the islands.. Shops at Wailea. We did the Prime Time.. 5 pm to 6 pm for $39.99 or $49.99 for a four course meal. Salad, side, steak and dessert. Met with some parents from my child's private school and had a great time. The dad of my child's friend, doubted that this is the best steak he was ever going to have.. and then left saying that he'll be back in Calgary visiting Ruth's.

Nick's Fishmarket was excellent. Front desk manager gave us an exception to use F&B credit towards it. Made our stay feel welcomed, cause Nick's is the best restaurant at the resort. (Kea Lani does not credit F&B at this restaurant so don't try.. we got something out of the ordinary because we told the front desk manager that we got the exception the last couple of times we stayed there). Rack of Lamb was awesome.. Got 7 pieces with spinach and sweet mashed potatoes. Sauce had 5 dimensions of taste in itself and the meal was simply outstanding. My wife got the Mahi Mahi and that was outstanding as well. But the best Mahi was at Spago's this trip that she's ever had in her lifetime.

Ocean View Room was outstanding. The reservation manager got us the best Ocean Room on the property.. Room 338.. The way they set the whole property up, this is the best room in its' category.

Lastly, a thank you to all the Barbara's working at Kea Lani.. they seemed to pop up all over the place.. my wife's first name is Barbara.^
Old Jul 2, 2010, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Extremely Cheap Room Rates at Kea Lani

Booking a side trip to front end a wedding trip in Kauai, I've stumbled across the Kea Lani room rates through AMEX FHR at as low as $199/night for the Moderate Suite, to only $349 for the Deluxe Ocean View, which technically gets a one-category upgrade to Signature Kilohana...... good deal!

Although I do also know that the hotel is undergoing renovations starting late-Summer.....so, caveat emptor....
Old Jul 2, 2010, 10:28 pm
Suspended

Fairmont Kea Lani Renovation Sale

Per Below.. The deal!.. as posted in the Special Rates and Packages Thread..

Fairmont Kea Lani Renovation Sale

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ocean View Suite for $264 per night when I checked!

__________________________________________________ ______________

Renovation with Aloha Promotion

We are pleased to announce exciting enhancements to The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui. Complete renovations to all three swimming pools are scheduled to take place this fall in an effort to maintain our high standards in guest amenities.

Take advantage of spectacular discounts with our “Renovation with Aloha” promotion during the enhancement project.

During this time, The Fairmont Kea Lani will continue to be a full service resort. There will be no disruption to the villas or Polo Beach. All hotel departments will remain open during their normal business hours and there will be at least one restaurant open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

All three swimming pool decks will be replaced with quartzite, a naturally beautiful stone that will dramatically enhance the expansive pool areas. During the pool renovations, at least one swimming pool will always be open. The waterslide and remaining pool(s) will be closed and blocked off to allow the crew to complete their work and to ensure safety for all our guests. Tasteful, temporary enclosures will surround all work areas. Measures are being taken to minimize the level of noise by installing soundproof huts, however, there will be several days of noise disruption especially at the start of the remodeling project (August 30 – September 3, 2010). Work for the pool enhancement is scheduled 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday – Friday.

Learn more about current renovation details.

Package Includes:
Accommodation in a luxurious one-bedroom suite or spacious villa.

Availability
Our Renovation with Aloha Promotion is available for travel dates from August 30, 2010 to October 28, 2010, subject to availability and rate changes.

Rates:
The Renovation with Aloha Promotion rates start from $199 USD per night plus applicable taxes. This promotion may not be used in conjuction with any other offer or promotion.

Reservation & Cancellation Policy:
A two-night deposit will be charged at the time of booking. To receive a full refund for cancellation, notice must be received 21 days prior to arrival. New bookings only; promotion not combinable with other offers or packages.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________

Renovation with Aloha Breakfast Package
We are pleased to announce exciting enhancements to The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui. Complete renovations to all three swimming pools are scheduled to take place this fall in an effort to maintain our high standards in guest amenities.

Take advantage of spectacular discounts with our “Renovation with Aloha Breakfast Package” promotion during the enhancement project.

Each morning relax and enjoy the fresh flavors of our deluxe breakfast buffet at Kea Lani Restaurant. And with our Breakfast package, you can enjoy the bountiful buffet featuring an omelet station, pancakes, waffles, link sausage, and smoked bacon as well as authentic Asian style breakfast foods including miso soup. A wide variety of local seasonal fruit, and freshly baked pastries such as mango and banana nut bread are freshly baked in the resort’s pastry shop.

During this time, The Fairmont Kea Lani will continue to be a full service resort. There will be no disruption to the villas or Polo Beach. All hotel departments will remain open during their normal business hours and there will be at least one restaurant open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

All three swimming pool decks will be replaced with quartzite, a naturally beautiful stone that will dramatically enhance the expansive pool areas. During the pool renovations, at least one swimming pool will always be open. The waterslide and remaining pool(s) will be closed and blocked off to allow the crew to complete their work and to ensure safety for all our guests. Tasteful, temporary enclosures will surround all work areas. Measures are being taken to minimize the level of noise by installing soundproof huts, however, there will be several days of noise disruption especially at the start of the remodeling project (August 30 – September 3, 2010). Work for the pool enhancement is scheduled 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday – Friday.

Package Includes:
•Accommodations in any luxurious one bedroom suite
•Deluxe buffet breakfast at Kea Lani Restaurant for two daily (tax and gratuity included)

Availability
The Renovation with Aloha Breakfast Package is available August 30 through October 28, 2010; subject to availability.

Rates:
The Renovation with Aloha Breakfast Package rates start from $234 USD per night plus applicable taxes; subject to availability.
Reservation & Cancellation Policy
A two night deposit will be charged at the time of booking. To receive a full refund for cancellation, notice must be received 21 days prior to arrival.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 6MM, FRMNT PLT, MRT GLD, HYT PLT
Got a better deal at the Kea Lani through Travelocity than any other source. $400/nt during Christmas week vs. $780 on fairmont.com.

Will be staying here for the second time with husband and kids.

Hotel Wailea up the hill looks interesting to me, though.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 11:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jujubean71
Got a better deal at the Kea Lani through Travelocity than any other source. $400/nt during Christmas week vs. $780 on fairmont.com.

Will be staying here for the second time with husband and kids.

Hotel Wailea up the hill looks interesting to me, though.
$400/nt is a great rate for Christmas week.. NFAF won't work and year's past the upgrades/free night certs doesn't work.. Our family and kids (4 year old is already attending school) would like to go to a fairmont during Christmas week somewhere.. thanks for the tip.^

EDIT: I just looked up travelocity and its $723 cdn for Kea Lani Moderate Suite.. I looked up Travelocity.com US and the room rates are similar at $699 for a Moderate Suite. I would be interested in a deal like the one you've got jujubean71.. what dates did you use, so I can recreate this.. Looks like the room breakdowns each night shown doesn't get anywhere near $400 per night.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Jul 12, 2010 at 11:51 pm
Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:27 pm

Wow, you're right. The rates on Travelocity have gone up. Guess I got lucky when I booked May 1.

It's a lousy Fairmont room, though, which I'm very disappointed about, and I know my upgrade coupons won't apply. So we might choose to stay at a different property.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:29 pm

I re-checked my confirmation, and my rate is actually $399 Dec 25-Jan1. We're spending a few days on the Big Island beforehand.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 3:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jujubean71
Wow, you're right. The rates on Travelocity have gone up. Guess I got lucky when I booked May 1.

It's a lousy Fairmont room, though, which I'm very disappointed about, and I know my upgrade coupons won't apply. So we might choose to stay at a different property.
Limited access didn't say that the suite upgrades or free nights didn't apply.. maybe double check this with Fairmont, because maybe they can make an exception because it doesn't specifically exclude Kea Lani your reservation dates.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 11:19 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Any feedback on the renovation? Noise? Dust? restaurant closures?

When we stayed there in 2009 our Kilohana suite was in dire need of updating and not worth the price (I still kick myself for not paying more for the neighboring Four Seasons).

Given the "renovation" special I am hesitant to book the Kea Lani for our 2010 trip. All I could find on the website is the renovation involves the pools. Anyone stay recently have feedback on the renovations?

thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.