The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui

Old Feb 2, 2012, 11:46 pm

I used CapitalOne points for "Raffles" certificates. 57K or $570...probably one of my best scores ever.
Front desk staff have been very helpful, by the time we got back from the Kanaio coast we had a new room and our stuff had been moved for us. Class act.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 4:27 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Exec, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by tjbrooks
Nope, using certs with no blackout dates. Rate has never dropped below $600 for my room type.
The hotel emailed me a little over a month ago that the construction period had been extended. I asked them for a room far away, but they put me on the top floor of the wing that Ko is in. I must be low on the totem pole with the Ovation rewards. Other than that, very nice. Id leave if I was paying cash though (which they do allow).
Whales are out in force, my wife is super excited. GM left a little treat for our anniversary which might be one of the best confections we've had in our lives....
That's interesting. During my Ovation certs visit in Aug/Sep, because of the construction, they confirmed an upgrade to the Deluxe Ocean View Suite when it should have been just the Partial Ocean View Suite. They might have changed their policy once the "official" construction phase ended, though.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
what room

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I booked ten nights on the fifth night free with breakfast.. secured a nice 1,477 sq ft ocean front suite..
what room did you book and what was the pricing (feel free to pm) this was Orchid, right?

I was looking during the early-mid may time frame, should be within the same range of discounts of the Kea Lani promos. Rates were okay, to get up to a partial ocean view executive suite, this is the 1100 sq ft ones, separate sitting area, DOORS that separate a big king bed and large dressing area and bathroom. SIDE of the hotel, not on the facing ocean OCEAN front side per se, but I don't really mind it. For rates to book a category partial ocean (300$ a night, CANCELABLE rate) and get upgraded to this room using a suite cert seemed pretty good to me. Didn't really need the breakfast deal, we usually have stuff in the room and head downstairs or out and about.

What did you book and rate for the ocean FRONT rooms. That extra 400 sq ft would be fun, although it's just the two of us at the moment.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nmenaker
what room did you book and what was the pricing (feel free to pm) this was Orchid, right?

I was looking during the early-mid may time frame, should be within the same range of discounts of the Kea Lani promos. Rates were okay, to get up to a partial ocean view executive suite, this is the 1100 sq ft ones, separate sitting area, DOORS that separate a big king bed and large dressing area and bathroom. SIDE of the hotel, not on the facing ocean OCEAN front side per se, but I don't really mind it. For rates to book a category partial ocean (300$ a night, CANCELABLE rate) and get upgraded to this room using a suite cert seemed pretty good to me. Didn't really need the breakfast deal, we usually have stuff in the room and head downstairs or out and about.

What did you book and rate for the ocean FRONT rooms. That extra 400 sq ft would be fun, although it's just the two of us at the moment.
PM me.. but the ocean front suite is 1,477 sq ft, and panoramic view of the oceans.. its simply creme de la creme.

I've stayed in the executive suites, and they are pretty sweet as well.. the ocean front suites are insane, as you have a foyer and closet coming in, with a notched vesibule, oversize 1/2 bath, and the ensuite is massive. The best value for suite upgrade certs imo.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Heading to this property later this week. It will be our first visit to this property, second visit to Maui. We arrive mid afternoon, so figure that making a dinner reservation for first night would be a good plan. Any recommendations welcome.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Exec, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by P_Investor
Heading to this property later this week. It will be our first visit to this property, second visit to Maui. We arrive mid afternoon, so figure that making a dinner reservation for first night would be a good plan. Any recommendations welcome.
I'd go for an early dinner since you will still be adjusting to the time change. They still serve the Ko menu even though the renovation isn't completed and they have a Sunset Special (3-course meal) for $39/person. That would be my recommendation. Alternatively, you can't go wrong with Nick's Fishmarket.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:37 pm

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Thanks. Booked them both for the first two nights.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:36 pm

With the current FHR 4th night free do you think that I could do a 8 night stay with 2 free and 2 of the $100 dollar credits?
I am torn between the Fairmont and FS Maui in May.
Would the likelihood of upgrade go down or up on a shorter stay?

Thanks
Old Feb 20, 2012, 9:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by P_Investor
If you want to try your neighbor Four Seasons.. I would recommend Wolfgang Puck's Spago.. Prefixe menu before 6pm and after 8:30pm is $49 (last year when I went).

Originally Posted by TandTEnterprises
With the current FHR 4th night free do you think that I could do a 8 night stay with 2 free and 2 of the $100 dollar credits?
I am torn between the Fairmont and FS Maui in May.
Would the likelihood of upgrade go down or up on a shorter stay?

Thanks
You can get the free nights, but the $100 credits is once per stay. You could book the second set of 4 nights under your SO or travel companion and link the reservations so you don't move rooms.. You will be able to get your $100 credit that way.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Diamond

You can get the free nights, but the $100 credits is once per stay. You could book the second set of 4 nights under your SO or travel companion and link the reservations so you don't move rooms.. You will be able to get your $100 credit that way.
I was thinking of doing the same thing. Only issue I found is FHR books the room under the cardholder's name. So I think you'd both need Platinum AMEX cards. Still not sure if it's worth all that hassle for the extra $100.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by bobofoosh

I was thinking of doing the same thing. Only issue I found is FHR books the room under the cardholder's name. So I think you'd both need Platinum AMEX cards. Still not sure if it's worth all that hassle for the extra $100.
And another night free...
Old Feb 21, 2012, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Diamond
And another night free...
You get 2 free nights and $100 for an 8 night stay you would get 2 free nights and $200 for two 4 night stays.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 8:49 pm
Suspended

You get 2 free nights and $100 for an 8 night stay you would get 2 free nights and $200 for two 4 night stays.
With Visa Infinite, I was able to book under my wife's name who is not a cardholder.. worth a try with FHR. Use the same card, but explain that you would like to have your SO receive FPC credit and receive another $100 for the second booking..
Old Feb 25, 2012, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA PLAT FPC PLAT
I will be staying at the Kea Lani for 3 nights. I heard the best room is in the 40's 540 or 640 etc. Any recommendations? I am reserved for a Ocean Partial Suite.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MLM JET
I will be staying at the Kea Lani for 3 nights. I heard the best room is in the 40's 540 or 640 etc. Any recommendations? I am reserved for a Ocean Partial Suite.
I would call reservations and ask for the staff to designate the nicest view possible in the category. I would also recommend asking for a newly renovated room. Kea Lani's renovations was not a complete top down reno.. the hotel will know which room you will be satisfied with.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.