The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2012, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by bigpictureboss
How do I locate a virtuoso agent?
Basically two options:

1. Contact the Virtuoso network (there´s a website) and they´ll refer you to a Virtuoso affiliated travel agent near your home city

2. There are several Virtuoso TAs on FT, browse the Flyertalk luxury hotels forums and7or do a search there for "Virtuoso". A few I can think of are ABG, MarshKing, Luxury, DavidO (though I don´t know whether all of them accept new clients)
Old Jan 18, 2012, 9:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
How do I locate a virtuoso agent?

Any thoughts on kea koa in Kuaia?

Thanks a million for all the help.
To add.. talking to the a Virtuoso to what they can or cannot do.. they usually work with what's available off of the website, and sometimes can negotiate better.. I was also told, that the usual rate they work off of is rate of the day, or similar off of the website..

But some good strategies here, if you want to make an effort to book at Kea Lani.. Perhaps I should have called the hotel directly before booking other hotels this spring break..
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Basically two options:

1. Contact the Virtuoso network (there´s a website) and they´ll refer you to a Virtuoso affiliated travel agent near your home city

2. There are several Virtuoso TAs on FT, browse the Flyertalk luxury hotels forums and7or do a search there for "Virtuoso". A few I can think of are ABG, MarshKing, Luxury,DavidO)
I use DavidO - he's rocking good. Very responsive, get's good stuff done.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:34 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
So the Virtuoso benefits if I understand them correctly would be breakfast for two per day and one room class upgrade and possibly lower rates than offered on the fairmont website?

Does a stay booked through Virtuoso qualify towards Premier?

We will have our 2 kids with us, 7 and 10. Does anyone know what they would charge the kids for breakfast?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by koctail
So the Virtuoso benefits if I understand them correctly would be breakfast for two per day and one room class upgrade and possibly lower rates than offered on the fairmont website?

Does a stay booked through Virtuoso qualify towards Premier?

We will have our 2 kids with us, 7 and 10. Does anyone know what they would charge the kids for breakfast?
The Virtuoso rate usually is identical to the "best available rate" (BAR) on the Fairmont website, occasionally it can be slightly lower.

The benefits typically include:

- daily breakfast for 2
- one-category upgrade upon availability
- early check-in / late check-out upon availability
- (small) welcome gift
- lunch/dinner/F&B credit/spa credit/amenity (depending on hotel) once during stay (IIRC the Kea Lani just offers a nice fruit basket with some souvenirs while at some hotels you get a $100 F&B credit, but please doube check with a Virtuoso agent)

And yes, bookings made through a Virtuoso agent count as qualifying stays (and even earn miles).
Old Jan 19, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, FB Plat, AS Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Plat, BA wannabe
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Welcome to FT and congratulations on the engagement!

30% off Spring - May 11th to June 16th, 2012

http://www.fairmont.com/kealani/Hote...Spring2012.htm

40% off late Summer/Fall

http://www.fairmont.com/kealani/Hote...erFall2012.htm

I have friends that have been married at both the Four Seasons and Kea Lani.. Both hotels are spoken highly of..

Four Seasons will have the better service, and Kea Lani will have the nice suites.. I'm a loyal Fairmont President's Club Member, so I will stick with Fairmont when I can.. Unfortunately for me when we travel Spring Break this year, the dates I was looking for over Easter is exhorbitant high, so I opted for Four Seasons Manele Bay on Lanai, and will just stay a couple of nights in Kea Lani..
I'm going to ask the noob question here....is it worthwhile to attempt to apply certificates here on top of these promotion rates or are we really SOL? Would seeking out one of the awesome Virtuoso agents help?

I did 2 stays there last summer with the renovation rate; and would love to find myself back into the 600? rooms (dead center) for an escape.

Thoughts?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 4:32 pm

Any thoughts on kea koa in Kuaia?

Thanks a million for all the help.
Just throwing out another option for you here but perhaps look into the Grand Hyatt Kauai. I'm staying there in a few weeks and booked a room for $181 on priceline for a busy weekend. Lowest rate at their site is $550/night for cxl room and $375ish prepaid. If you haven't used priceline before feel free to pm me and I can let you know my bidding strategy or you can check out bidding forums too.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 7:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by fishferbrains
I'm going to ask the noob question here....is it worthwhile to attempt to apply certificates here on top of these promotion rates or are we really SOL? Would seeking out one of the awesome Virtuoso agents help?

I did 2 stays there last summer with the renovation rate; and would love to find myself back into the 600? rooms (dead center) for an escape.

Thoughts?
Depends on what rates Virtuoso Agents can offer.. Gotta run a cost analysis, but certainly booking off of a program that offers upgrade will help cut down the costs and should be factored in. A guaranteed upgrade at booking is important to me, thus the FPC suite upgrade helps me to book with Kea Lani.

And yes, you can certainly use your suite upgrade certs on those rate links..
Old Jan 22, 2012, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
discounts for orchid

Are there any late spring discounts for the orchid?
Old Jan 23, 2012, 5:58 am

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Red face wanted to stay there....

We wanted to stay there for at least part of our trip but could not get a good rate for March. Got a better deal at GW.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nmenaker
Are there any late spring discounts for the orchid?
I booked ten nights on the fifth night free with breakfast.. secured a nice 1,477 sq ft ocean front suite..
Old Feb 1, 2012, 8:21 pm

Construction Noise

Just arrived and I got a very nice room, but there's been constant tile cutter noise from the Ko construction site for the last half hour. Not cool. They said they might have something for me tomorrow.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 8:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tjbrooks
Just arrived and I got a very nice room, but there's been constant tile cutter noise from the Ko construction site for the last half hour. Not cool. They said they might have something for me tomorrow.
Renovation sale I thought ended back in November and 1st half of December.. Did you get a good rate as a result of the Ko reno?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro:17934580
Renovation sale I thought ended back in November and 1st half of December.. Did you get a good rate as a result of the Ko reno?
Nope, using certs with no blackout dates. Rate has never dropped below $600 for my room type.
The hotel emailed me a little over a month ago that the construction period had been extended. I asked them for a room far away, but they put me on the top floor of the wing that Ko is in. I must be low on the totem pole with the Ovation rewards. Other than that, very nice. Id leave if I was paying cash though (which they do allow).
Whales are out in force, my wife is super excited. GM left a little treat for our anniversary which might be one of the best confections we've had in our lives....
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tjbrooks
Nope, using certs with no blackout dates. Rate has never dropped below $600 for my room type.
The hotel emailed me a little over a month ago that the construction period had been extended. I asked them for a room far away, but they put me on the top floor of the wing that Ko is in. I must be low on the totem pole with the Ovation rewards. Other than that, very nice. Id leave if I was paying cash though (which they do allow).
Whales are out in force, my wife is super excited. GM left a little treat for our anniversary which might be one of the best confections we've had in our lives....
Sorry to hear about the inconvenience.. we'll be there in April.. We're just there for a couple of days unfortunately because of Easter causing high prices..

The ovation certs was a good deal.. Was it the Visit America IIRC deal that you purchased the certs? That was an insane deal..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.