Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Fairmont | Fairmont President's Club
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 7, 11, 12:18 pm   #211
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesperss View Post
Funny - when we arrived we experienced the same check-in delay and no lei/drink on arrival. Don't feel left out

Besides that the stay was great for us.
we arrived on a saturday at around 4pm and no delay, got the lei and drink

overall very satisfied, but I cant imagine ever paying full price, at least not unitl i win lotto
randys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 11, 7:33 pm   #212
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 18,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by randys1 View Post
we arrived on a saturday at around 4pm and no delay, got the lei and drink

overall very satisfied, but I cant imagine ever paying full price, at least not unitl i win lotto
Then I assume you booked a nice reno rate?

We stay at Fairmont for long periods of time.. and what we don't pay in a few nights, we end up paying over 53 nights..
Ancien Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 11, 1:32 am   #213
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: YVR
Programs: SPG Plat, Fairmont Plat, GHA Plat, Marco Polo Gold, AE*25
Posts: 95
2 for 1 golf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishferbrains View Post
Well I'm happy to report I received the following email 5 minutes ago from the concierge at the Kea Lani. It appears things may have changed for the better!
I don't suppose they also offer the 2-for-1 golf certificate?
Ubud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 11, 7:52 am   #214
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro View Post
Then I assume you booked a nice reno rate?

We stay at Fairmont for long periods of time.. and what we don't pay in a few nights, we end up paying over 53 nights..
that wasnt offered when i went in to make resvs about two months prior so i used board member friends family, got partial ocean for $249
randys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 11, 10:40 am   #215
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Plainfield, IL- 60585
Programs: Hilton Gold; AA Platinum;Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 343
Renovation with Aloha rate

Saw were others had asked about the renovation rate and I just came across this info. I believe it starts at $219 per night until December 16th and can be booked directly through the hotel by asking for the "Renovation with Aloha" rate.
cupps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 11, 10:48 am   #216
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupps View Post
Saw were others had asked about the renovation rate and I just came across this info. I believe it starts at $219 per night until December 16th and can be booked directly through the hotel by asking for the "Renovation with Aloha" rate.
depends heavily on when you wanna go and when you try and book it, it never occurred to me the rate would NOT be available online but available by phone

never, if that is true that is terribly disheartening, might as well not have a website with reservations option
randys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 11, 11:27 pm   #217
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 18,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupps View Post
Saw were others had asked about the renovation rate and I just came across this info. I believe it starts at $219 per night until December 16th and can be booked directly through the hotel by asking for the "Renovation with Aloha" rate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by randys1 View Post
depends heavily on when you wanna go and when you try and book it, it never occurred to me the rate would NOT be available online but available by phone

never, if that is true that is terribly disheartening, might as well not have a website with reservations option
AFAIK this was advertised on www.fairmont.com at one point, and could be booked directly with Fairmont..

But its good to know that you can book it with the hotel as well..
Ancien Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 11, 8:26 am   #218
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro View Post
AFAIK this was advertised on www.fairmont.com at one point, and could be booked directly with Fairmont..

But its good to know that you can book it with the hotel as well..
of course it was, but the rate doesnt show up no matter what dates you put in the system...
randys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 11, 8:26 pm   #219
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 18,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by randys1 View Post
of course it was, but the rate doesnt show up no matter what dates you put in the system...
I think the package has been taken off and on..

I always supposed that the hotel decides when its offered.. but leaves the package on the system, although not bookable..
Ancien Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 11, 4:03 pm   #220
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Programs: AA Plat, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Posts: 4,533
We have been there many, many times too and gotten to know the staff over the years. Staff turnover is large, but the ones who have stayed are wonderful. The front desk staff for the past couple of years has been great, but again, there is a high turnover with them. It's hard to get to really know anyone there. The bell staff seems to stay and the in-room dining people stay. (We love those guys) Management on the other hand can be very aloof. There is a woman whom had handled the villa's for years. She comes across as sweet as honey, but will ignore you once she has checked you in. We checked in one day and over the next week we seem to see her all over the place. Each time we would say hello she would ignore us. She knows who we are and would look right in our general direction. Her behavior basically describes management overall.

Next time you're there ask about the Kea Lani hauntings. Trust me, we have had it happen to us while staying there and it's scary. The villa's are very haunted, so we are told and have experienced first hand. That's one spooky place!
__________________
I Am The World's Most Non-Famous Animal Whisperer
svenskaflicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 11, 4:06 pm   #221
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskaflicka View Post
Next time you're there ask about the Kea Lani hauntings. Trust me, we have had it happen to us while staying there and it's scary. The villa's are very haunted, so we are told and have experienced first hand. That's one spooky place!
NOW I am interested :-) wanna share your experiences with us?
randys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 11, 7:59 pm   #222
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 18,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskaflicka View Post
We have been there many, many times too and gotten to know the staff over the years. Staff turnover is large, but the ones who have stayed are wonderful. The front desk staff for the past couple of years has been great, but again, there is a high turnover with them. It's hard to get to really know anyone there. The bell staff seems to stay and the in-room dining people stay. (We love those guys) Management on the other hand can be very aloof. There is a woman whom had handled the villa's for years. She comes across as sweet as honey, but will ignore you once she has checked you in. We checked in one day and over the next week we seem to see her all over the place. Each time we would say hello she would ignore us. She knows who we are and would look right in our general direction. Her behavior basically describes management overall.

Next time you're there ask about the Kea Lani hauntings. Trust me, we have had it happen to us while staying there and it's scary. The villa's are very haunted, so we are told and have experienced first hand. That's one spooky place!
Quote:
Originally Posted by randys1 View Post
NOW I am interested :-) wanna share your experiences with us?
Probably haunted by those who paid the $2,000 plus per night to stay in one of the villas.. Just the price of it would haunt me in my sleep..

I haven't seen, experienced, or heard anything of this nature.. so after 8 years, this is new to me.. Maybe that's why Kea Lani can charge the big bucks, for those want to experience the hauntings..
Ancien Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 11, 10:24 am   #223
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Programs: AA Plat, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Posts: 4,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro View Post
Probably haunted by those who paid the $2,000 plus per night to stay in one of the villas.. Just the price of it would haunt me in my sleep..

I haven't seen, experienced, or heard anything of this nature.. so after 8 years, this is new to me.. Maybe that's why Kea Lani can charge the big bucks, for those want to experience the hauntings..
We have never paid $2,000 to stay in the villa's. Nowhere close. We have gotten them either through upgrades or specials.

All you have to do is ask different staff about the hauntings and they will tell you. Now, these are just stories we were told above what we experienced. Non believers would say what we experienced was coincidence, but we know better.

One story is about the villa's. Housekeeping went down to do the daily cleaning, rang the doorbell and nobody answered. The houskeeper knew someone was in there because she heard what sounded like someone talking on a phone. She waited for a few minutes while this conversation went on because she didn't want to disturb this woman's conversation. She rang the bell one more time, waited then stepped in and yelled that she was there. The slider was open, but the screen was closed. When she stepped in she felt the hair on the back of her neck stand on end because there was absolutely nobody in there and it looked like there hadn't been all morning. She got out of there and wouldn't go back in there that day.

Another housekeeping story: They were doing turndown up on the sixth floor. They just turned the corner to head down the long corrider when they noticed what they thought were heavy footsteps behind them. They turned around and nobody was there, so they went about their duties. They had finished their first room and came back out to the hallway. They noticed a man pacing the floor at the other end. What was strange was that he was dressed in cotume like the male hula dancers wear. They thought for some reason the man who lights the tiki torches at night while in costume was on that floor. They asked him if he needed some help from security. They said the man looked at them with a sour look, turned around and disappeared right through the wall. They beat a hasty retreat off that floor and even had security check the whole floor, but there was nobody to be found.

We had some strange things happen to us a few times. We were having lunch in our villa one day when we kept hearing what sounded like a child running around on the roof above us. If you've ever noticed, with the villa's, the living room roof has a dome above it so there is no second floor above it. We heard this for over five minutes and decided to go out on the second floor lanai to see what was going on. There was nothing there. We thought it was strange, but went back down to finish our lunch. The same thing happened again. We called the front desk to see if there was someone doing work on our villa roof. There wasn't. This wasn't a little creaking here and there. It was very noticible. We just chalked it up, but I really had the creeps after that. The same day we were out lounging by our plunge pool and I thought I heard the doorbell ring. My husband went in to check the back door, but nobody was there. It took him maybe ten seconds to get to the back door. After we went in for the day we were watching TV for a bit in the living room. The doorbell rang again. I thought my dry cleaning was coming back, so I went up to get it from the man that delivers it. Again, there was nobody there. This happened three more times that day without anyone being there. By the last couple of times we were running for the door because we wanted to see if there were children playing jokes on us, but there wasn't anyone to be found, anywhere. We even asked the front desk if someone was working on anything electrical. They were converting their phone systems that day, so we thought that might have had something to do with it. There wasn't. Coincidence? I don't know, I call it creepy.

One more story we were told: They had a big Samoan night watchman working the grounds and buildings one night. He had been there for years. He went into one of the ballrooms and was shining his flashlight around the room when he noticed a woman in a bridal gown in the corner crying loudly. He called out to her, asking her if she was alright or if she needed some help. He said he had the chicken skin all over his body and felt nervous. Mind you, this is a huge Samoan man. The bride looked at him, stood up and then he noticed she was transparent. Just then with lightening speed she floated out of the room. He stood there for a second in shock and bolted out of there. He went to his boss, handed in his keys and never went back to work there again. Then we heard an embellishment to this story where later on that night another night watchman saw this same bride floating along above the sand down on the beach.

There are others too, but I think this is enough for now. Keep in mind that most of the hotels in Wailea are built on ancient burial grounds. I imagine there are some angry souls there with having people tromping all over their graves. These are just stories. Keep in mind that stories like this take on a life of their own after they have been told so many times.

We have pictures that we took while sitting on our lanai at the FS Maui, where in some of the nighttime pictures it looks like we took pictures of some sort of light show. There are long squiggling lines that look like they are sparks. In the next picture it came out a beautiful nightscene, then back to the crazy neon looking squigglies again. Believers will tell you that these are ghost pictures, others say it's blemishes or a fluke. We have had crazy things happen at the Ritz, Kapalua too. All the workers there have wild ghost stories about the Ritz and the islands in general. They say to never taunt the dead of the islands or they will give you what for.

Anyway, there's a few of the many stories.
__________________
I Am The World's Most Non-Famous Animal Whisperer
svenskaflicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 11, 10:27 am   #224
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 319
hmmm, thanks

i kinda like those ghost shows on tv
randys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 11, 10:46 am   #225
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by randys1 View Post
i kinda like those ghost shows on tv
We had a friend who ran a hotel on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington. The barman was tired of people asking about ghost stories so he constructed a few. Brought in a ton of new/repeat business. They've been on at least two of "those ghost shows on tv". Employees were asked to add/play along however they wanted, including refuting everything.
tjbrooks is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:40 pm.