Wiki Posts
Search

Combining Offers and Barbados Question

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2015, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Combining Offers and Barbados Question

Does anyone have a definitive answer to this question:

I have two Chase VISA free night certificates, and the President's Club Third Night Free certificate and Suite Upgrade certificate. If a hotel has five nights available in Fairmont room, can I combine everything to pay for two nights at the Fairmont room rate but get five nights in a suite?

Also, it appears that there is no Fairmont Room at the Fairmont Royal Pavilion Barbados Resort - the most basic room is a "Deluxe Oceanfront" room. Can the suite upgrade be used to upgrade from this room?
Old May 19, 2015, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by avatexrs

I have two Chase VISA free night certificates, and the President's Club Third Night Free certificate and Suite Upgrade certificate. If a hotel has five nights available in Fairmont room, can I combine everything to pay for two nights at the Fairmont room rate but get five nights in a suite?

Also, it appears that there is no Fairmont Room at the Fairmont Royal Pavilion Barbados Resort - the most basic room is a "Deluxe Oceanfront" room. Can the suite upgrade be used to upgrade from this room?
First question: Yes, you can do this, provided suite that is eligible for upgrade is also available.
Second question: Would think yes. Call FPC and/or Resort Reservations to confirm. Please let us know what they say.
Old May 20, 2015, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum

1) Yes, that would be possible.

2) Suite upgrade certs cannot be used at the Fairmont Royal Pavillon. Basically all the rooms are identical except for some rooms on the ground floor which have a larger patio (but lack privacy).
Old May 20, 2015, 8:57 am

How did you get the 3rd night free certificate? I am platinum and already stayed for nights this year but still didn't get the 3rd night free certificate.
Old May 20, 2015, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by musicscrip
How did you get the 3rd night free certificate? I am platinum and already stayed for nights this year but still didn't get the 3rd night free certificate.
Premier members get a 3rd night free cert whereas Platinum members get a free night cert each membership year.
Old May 22, 2015, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

It ended up costing substantially less to fly to Hawaii to stay at the Orchid than to to fly to Barbados and stay at the Royal Pavilion. And I was able to book five nights, pay for two nights and apply the suite upgrade certificate for all five nights.
Old May 22, 2015, 3:55 pm

It ended up costing substantially less to fly to Hawaii to stay at the Orchid than to to fly to Barbados and stay at the Royal Pavilion. And I was able to book five nights, pay for two nights and apply the suite upgrade certificate for all five nights.
Glad to see it worked out!

Now you have to prepare for the shock of how much dining at the resort costs!

Be sure to check out Cafe Pesto and Kohala Burger & Taco, both located in the same strip building, a few miles up the road in Kawaihae.
Old May 22, 2015, 10:59 pm

Programs: Deltaskymiles gold, HHonors gold, Continental OnePass, SLH, AAdvantage
Do, however check out the RP Barbados at some point with free certs. The beach is beautiful and the comp water sports (swimming with turtles, water-skiing, etc) are an added value.
Old May 23, 2015, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by belugadreams
Do, however check out the RP Barbados at some point with free certs. The beach is beautiful and the comp water sports (swimming with turtles, water-skiing, etc) are an added value.
If only the rooms were nicer than the Motel 6. :-(
Outside of that the facilities truly are marvelous (including the view from the motel rooms)...
Old May 24, 2015, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aviators99
Just curious: What didn't you like about the room? The decor is somewhat similar to a country club (which isn't uncommon in the Caribbean). I seem to recall the chairs weren't too comfortable, but the room decor didn't strike me as particularly bad.
Old May 25, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by aviators99
Outside of that the facilities truly are marvelous (including the view from the motel rooms)...
I think that's a bit harsh. We stayed in one of the ground floor "suites" last year and we thought the room was nice. It's not the four seasons but I thought it was within the standards of Fairmont with a Caribbean flair. The renovated semi-private patios on the ground floor rooms are a great place to get some shade during the day and the butler/bar service was friendly and readily available with a Banks Beer or a rum punch!

We are also trying to decide between the Royal Pavilion or the Orchid this Fall. We can get a better rate, use certs and upgrades in Hawaii, but the food costs in Hawaii will kill you. We may save $100+ per night on the room but that savings will quickly disappear the minute you go to lunch/dinner. Barbados has some upscale dining but you can find some really excellent food and bargain basement prices in Barbados. Already looking forward to the Friday night fish fry at Oistins..craving some flying fish and mac pie!!
Old May 25, 2015, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie
We are also trying to decide between the Royal Pavilion or the Orchid this Fall. We can get a better rate, use certs and upgrades in Hawaii, but the food costs in Hawaii will kill you.
Agree dining at Orchid is underwhelming and expensive. See post #7 above for alternatives (there are many more). Google suggested for menus and reviews.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 6:37 am

Does anyone know what room has to be available at the Royal Pavilion in order to be able to use the free night certs there? The Oceanfront King Deluxe looks like the lowest level room so I was thinking that would be it. Thanks for the information.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DASBOS
Does anyone know what room has to be available at the Royal Pavilion in order to be able to use the free night certs there? The Oceanfront King Deluxe looks like the lowest level room so I was thinking that would be it. Thanks for the information.
Yes, free night certs should book into the "Oceanfront Deluxe" room category. For whatever reason the hotel chose to not call the lowest room category "Fairmont rooms".
Old Aug 28, 2015, 4:27 pm

NICE!!

Enjoy! Agreed, menu sticker shock. A couple of money saving tips... the lounge has a fairly extensive happy hour appetizer and cocktail menu that could suffice for a light dinner. The breakfast buffet offers a "continental" option that has plenty of fruit, great pastries, cold meats etc (not too many tempting hot items anyway).

The on property deli has some nice pannin ?spelling and salads.

Whaler's Store in the mall has a huuuuge selection of local snacks, wines and picnic fixins )

Graaate property, you're going to love it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.