Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Blackout Date Problem? Agent made booking anyway.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Blackout Date Problem? Agent made booking anyway.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2014, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Question Blackout Date Problem? Agent made booking anyway.

I made a telephone reservation for next year, and the agent applied a suite upgrade and a free night certificate. I now realize the reservation is in the middle of a blackout date range! I received the confirmation, the reservation appears in my FPC online profile. The agent apparently didn't check the blackout dates (nor did I) before making the booking.

Now I don't know what's going to happen. Has anyone experienced this? I don't want to show up at the hotel only to be told they're not going to honour the booking.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
As long as you have a confirmation e-mail, I personally wouldn't be too concerned. FPC generallly is very good at honoring their own mistakes.

If you haven't received a revised confirmation e-mail (and therefore have no proof) it may be a little more diificult, but it dpends on the hotel...
Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
As long as you have a confirmation e-mail, I personally wouldn't be too concerned. FPC generallly is very good at honoring their own mistakes.

If you haven't received a revised confirmation e-mail (and therefore have no proof) it may be a little more diificult, but it dpends on the hotel...
Thanks. That gives me some comfort.

The property is the Fairmont Montreux Palace. I've heard reports of the property not honouring legit confirmed upgrades. My other concern is that for the last couple of years, my confirmations don't show the upgraded room, but rather the paid level of room. I have confirmation of the free night, so perhaps I'm good on the rate, but not the suite upgrade. I'm worried I'll end up in a small and crappy room.

I'm wondering if I'd be better asking to remove the suite upgrade, and just pay the suite price, but still apply the free night?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
for the last couple of years, my confirmations don't show the upgraded room, but rather the paid level of room.
You're not the only one. That's a known issue on fairmont.com.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Thanks. That gives me some comfort.

The property is the Fairmont Montreux Palace. I've heard reports of the property not honouring legit confirmed upgrades. My other concern is that for the last couple of years, my confirmations don't show the upgraded room, but rather the paid level of room. I have confirmation of the free night, so perhaps I'm good on the rate, but not the suite upgrade. I'm worried I'll end up in a small and crappy room.

I'm wondering if I'd be better asking to remove the suite upgrade, and just pay the suite price, but still apply the free night?
Did you book during the Montreux Jazz festival ?
Even if it shows an non-upgraded room in your profile you should have received a confirmation e-mail with the upgraded room.
Most important IMO in the Montreux Palace is not so much a big room, but a Lake view...
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Did you book during the Montreux Jazz festival ?
Even if it shows an non-upgraded room in your profile you should have received a confirmation e-mail with the upgraded room.
Most important IMO in the Montreux Palace is not so much a big room, but a Lake view...
It's booked for Sep 1 through Sep 4. Booked the standard Fairmont Mountain/City View room with an upgrade into a Jr. Suite, which supposedly all have lake views.

What do you mean about a confirmation e-mail with the upgraded room? The e-mail just says "Fairmont Mountain Queen NS". None of my suite upgrades in the past couple of years (except for 1 that was cut as a special deal direct with the hotel to the gold floor) have actually shown the upgraded room.

I just called FPC and asked if they can send a confirmation showing the confirmed upgrade. They said their system can't do that, but he would have one manually prepared for me. Now I just have to wait and see what they provide.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
It's booked for Sep 1 through Sep 4. Booked the standard Fairmont Mountain/City View room with an upgrade into a Jr. Suite, which supposedly all have lake views.

What do you mean about a confirmation e-mail with the upgraded room? The e-mail just says "Fairmont Mountain Queen NS". None of my suite upgrades in the past couple of years (except for 1 that was cut as a special deal direct with the hotel to the gold floor) have actually shown the upgraded room.

I just called FPC and asked if they can send a confirmation showing the confirmed upgrade. They said their system can't do that, but he would have one manually prepared for me. Now I just have to wait and see what they provide.
Email confirmations will only show the booked room type and NOT the upgraded room type as others have said, unless you want to bother the property to send another one manually.

I agree, its annoying if you can't remember if you requested the days or weeks later, but that is just one of the Fairmont quirks.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

The manual e-mail confirmation came through, which now specifies the "Junior Suite Lake King NS" room type on it. Hopefully they honour it, since it means the difference between paying 718CHF and 2,277CHF over the 3 nights.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
The manual e-mail confirmation came through, which now specifies the "Junior Suite Lake King NS" room type on it. Hopefully they honour it, since it means the difference between paying 718CHF and 2,277CHF over the 3 nights.
I'd argue that with the confirmation e-mail it's very unlikely that Fairmont will not honour the upgrade. Essentially you requested the upgrade and they confirmed it - IME Fairmont is very good at honouring their commitments, so I personally wouldn't worry too much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.