Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Would you use $100 in Dining/Willow Stream certs at Maui Kea Lani or Fairmont SF?

Would you use $100 in Dining/Willow Stream certs at Maui Kea Lani or Fairmont SF?

Old Aug 26, 2012, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list

We'll be spending 3 nights at the Fairmont SF next week & 2 nights at the Kea Lani in Feb. Where would you suggest we use our four $25 Dining certs? Many people don't like Ko! at the Kea Lani. How's the Laurel Court Restaurant & Bar at Fairmont SF?

We've been to Maui many times but have never eaten at the Kea Lani.

We've never spent much time in SF so there are many rest. that interest us.

TIA
Old Aug 26, 2012, 8:15 pm

Dont forget about the Tonga Room!
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
MHO is to save it for Maui Kea Lani as San Francisco is such an excellent dining city there are so many outstanding restaurants to sample within such a short distance to the Fairmont on Nob Hill.

Italian in North Beach, Chinatown, seafood at the Marina with it's stunning bay views, the Mission and Russian Hill all offer memorable meals and distinct experiences to each neighborhood.

Sheesh I probably sound like someone from the tourist bureau but IMHO San Francisco is an often overlook culinary capital most definately worth exploring.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tcook052
MHO is to save it for Maui Kea Lani as San Francisco is such an excellent dining city there are so many outstanding restaurants to sample within such a short distance to the Fairmont on Nob Hill.

Italian in North Beach, Chinatown, seafood at the Marina with it's stunning bay views, the Mission and Russian Hill all offer memorable meals and distinct experiences to each neighborhood.

Sheesh I probably sound like someone from the tourist bureau but IMHO San Francisco is an often overlook culinary capital most definately worth exploring.
Great idea. Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2012, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LauraA
Dont forget about the Tonga Room!
The Tonga Room was booked for dinner until 9 or 9:30 every night we were there. We would have had to call a week before our arrival to get a 6 or 7 PM rez. However, one night we went down at 5 PM and had the Happy Hour menu and a couple drinks in the bar area. Good fun & nice company. We used one $25 dining cert because tips, taxes & alcohol are not included for cert use.
The rest we will use at Ko at the Kea Lani.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 8:15 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
An alternative to Ko's is the dining area near the pool for Lunch or inside the lobby lounge area for snacks/drinks. I've used them at both. I do this over Ko's now as I am done with their food... desserts are ok though...

Originally Posted by philemer
We'll be spending 3 nights at the Fairmont SF next week & 2 nights at the Kea Lani in Feb. Where would you suggest we use our four $25 Dining certs? Many people don't like Ko! at the Kea Lani. How's the Laurel Court Restaurant & Bar at Fairmont SF?

We've been to Maui many times but have never eaten at the Kea Lani.

We've never spent much time in SF so there are many rest. that interest us.

TIA
Old Sep 4, 2012, 10:53 pm

However, one night we went down at 5 PM and had the Happy Hour menu and a couple drinks in the bar area. Good fun & nice company. We used one $25 dining cert because tips, taxes & alcohol are not included for cert use.
They had no problem allowing you to use your $25 certs for Happy Hour prices? I used my certs earlier this year at Fairmont Scottsdale at Bourbon Steakhouse, which was fairly pricey. But they have quite a good Happy Hour at ALL of their restaurants there which would stretch the value of the $25 certs like 5x as far. Would love to know if that is acceptable or not as I thought I read on the back of them that they can't be combined with other discounts (which I assumed Happy Hour was).
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
They had no problem allowing you to use your $25 certs for Happy Hour prices? I used my certs earlier this year at Fairmont Scottsdale at Bourbon Steakhouse, which was fairly pricey. But they have quite a good Happy Hour at ALL of their restaurants there which would stretch the value of the $25 certs like 5x as far. Would love to know if that is acceptable or not as I thought I read on the back of them that they can't be combined with other discounts (which I assumed Happy Hour was).
Most Happy Hours that I've seen have a limited food menu with somewhat lower prices. The menu doesn't say "discounted" or "half off". It just lists a price. That's why we had no problem I'd guess. Wish they were good for booze. The booze was more than the food. I would think they would work at any Fairmont for HH food.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:57 pm

Programs: Fairmont Presidents Club, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan, Marriott Rewards, Delta Sky Miles,
Most Happy Hours that I've seen have a limited food menu with somewhat lower prices. The menu doesn't say "discounted" or "half off". It just lists a price. That's why we had no problem I'd guess. Wish they were good for booze. The booze was more than the food. I would think they would work at any Fairmont for HH food.
All you really need to do is charge the food, whether is happy hour or not back to your room and then you can have the front desk apply your certificates to your room charges. I've done it many times, (Fairmont SF and the Fairmont Santa Monica) and never had any challenges.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sulley1022
All you really need to do is charge the food, whether is happy hour or not back to your room and then you can have the front desk apply your certificates to your room charges. I've done it many times, (Fairmont SF and the Fairmont Santa Monica) and never had any challenges.
That's exactly what we did for ALL our meals. They dissected those bills and wouldn't let us use the certs for alcohol or taxes. We'll see what happens at the Kea Lani in Feb.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 6:35 pm

That's exactly what we did for ALL our meals. They dissected those bills and wouldn't let us use the certs for alcohol or taxes. We'll see what happens at the Kea Lani in Feb.
Thanks for posting this experience. I was just gonna ask the previous poster if you could get alcohol purchases past them using this method.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:04 pm

Do you need to be staying at a Fairmont to use the dining certs? We won't be before the current crop expires... and if it is possible to just eat at a hotel restaurant and use them I am thinking the Tonga room in SF.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by Zhaunk
Do you need to be staying at a Fairmont to use the dining certs? We won't be before the current crop expires... and if it is possible to just eat at a hotel restaurant and use them I am thinking the Tonga room in SF.
No you don't have to be staying at the hotel. Either bring the certificate or your fpc # when you dine.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Zhaunk
You dont need to be staying at the hotel to use the certs, however if youre not staying there it will be much easier to redeeming them physically (i.e. handing over the paper certs) than asking to have it done electronically.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 5:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Is there a hassle using the certs if you don't have the paper coupon with you? We're thinking either Fairmont Montreal or Fairmont Toronto. I thought we weren't going to get a chance to use these but luckily plans have changed and we'll be in both places before the expiration date.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.