Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Gold room - visa infinite/Amex FHR breakfast cert

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2012, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: FPC Platinum, AC Super Elite

Booked a gold room (obvs comes with breakfast) with Amex FHR, which also comes with a free breakfast with FHR.

Has anyone had luck getting the property to sub out the breakfast (FHR certs) for lunch/dinner? We asked Amex who stated it'd be the Hotels discretion.

Just wondering if people have had previous encounters with this.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by crl701
Booked a gold room (obvs comes with breakfast) with Amex FHR, which also comes with a free breakfast with FHR.

Has anyone had luck getting the property to sub out the breakfast (FHR certs) for lunch/dinner? We asked Amex who stated it'd be the Hotels discretion.

Just wondering if people have had previous encounters with this.
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Unfortunately I don´t think your chances of substituting breakfast for a F&B credit.

Of course I´d give it a shot, and based on your status / the rate you´re paying / the number of nights the property may throw some benefit your way.

That being said, I´ve tried to substitute benefits when booking through a Virtuoso travel agent (similar benefits as AMEX FHR etc.) a few times and have had no luck.

Anyways, you may actually be able to take advantage of both the offerings in the Gold lounge and your comp. breakfast.

The breakfast at the Gold lounge is more a continental spread with a few hot items while the main breakfast buffet at the main restaurant tends to be much more extensive with plenty of hot items. So if you prefer a more substantial breakfast in the morning, the main restaurant may be your best bet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.