Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

What's your favorite Fairmont property - and why?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's your favorite Fairmont property - and why?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:11 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
So far I have stayed at the Peace Hotel, the Chateau's Laurier and Frontenac, the Princess, the Pacific Rim, Hotel Vancouver, Waterfront and Orchid. Really liked some aspects of all of them but I thought the Pacific Rim was over the top in terms of service (was on the Gold Floor) and also really liked the Orchid and the Peace Hotel.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 8:48 pm

I have stayed in 5 Fairmonts.

I had 2 nights for a meeting in Georgetown. The room and gym were nice and I love the location. I was super-busy and didn't really have time to take in the joy of the hotel!

We just stayed at the Pac Rim for the first time and it was my first stay as a platinum member. It was an FHR stay and I had all of my certs to use and use them we did! My wife had a spa treatment with the FHR amenity and a couple of certs. We had dinner with the other certs, used a free night for the 2nd night and enjoyed the upgrade and breakfast on both nights to a mountain view room. The breakfast was amazing - with FHR we could choose anywhere - either restaurant or even room service; order what we like and it just disappeared from the bill no questions asked! They checked me in incredibly early when I just wanted to leave my luggage with the concierge. The staff were all so professional, it was a quiet room (I hate noise) and I can see why people love the place!

The views and location at Jasper were great and since it was our anniversary there was a great chocolate strawberry and truffle gift (I wasn't plat then). It was an FHR stay, but we couldn't check in until 4pm, the dinner (the FHR gift) was limited to 1 restaurant and pretty average and the breakfast buffet was nothing to write home about. Although we love the area, I'd probably go back and camp at Robson (which we did the 2 nights before this stay) rather than stay here.

I stayed at the Fairmont Singapore for 5 nights and was quite disappointed. Although I got an upgrade to a big room with a nice view, there was construction just above me and since I was working (and trying to nap through jet lag!) during the day for the first 2 days it was LOUD! The service was nothing special. I stayed at the Conrad another night a week later and (as a Diamond) got GREAT service, a nice, if overcrowded lounge and a corner suite. That said, now that I am a platinum member, if I could confirm a suite upgrade to get a (quieter!) room with lounge access I would try again.

Our favourite, though is the Hotel Vancouver. I first stayed as my first work travel visit as a co-op student 20 years ago and was hooked! I knew nothing about status of any sort back then and didn't care. Since then I've stayed lots of time. The first stay with Mrs. PITUK we got a great deal on the Gold floor and then she was hooked too! We love the character of the hotel and the outstanding service (though the gym isn't great). We stayed with my niece and nephew and their parents one time and that's where I saw what service should be! By this time I knew all about status and fancy hotels and service, but it was really amazing. There were steps for the kids to see check-in and the staff talked to them. There was a dog for them to pet. They got dressing gowns - *in their sizes* delivered without asking to the room. They got coupons for room service milk and cookies and the server would not accept a tip. THAT is what service is about and what should set all Fairmonts apart.

Thanks

Dr. PITUK
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:17 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Fairmont does have a really good presence in Vancouver and I have experienced very good service in all the hotels there. The clincher for me was when I went back to the Pacific Rim to meet someone for a drink a few weeks after I stayed there. When I was walking in the same bell person who helped with my initial check in and greeted me every time I passed her while I was there saw me and said "Welcome back Mr. Allbrosca! Are you staying with us again?" I checked quickly to see if I was wearing a name tag! And I also really enjoyed my stay on the Gold Floor at the Hotel Vancouver.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 9:14 am

I've also stayed at a number of Fairmont properties:
Fairmont Royal York (Toronto)
Fairmont Chateau Frontenac (Quebec City)
Fairmont Manoir Richelieu (Charlevoix, Quebec)
Fairmont Waterfront (Vancouver)
Fairmont Copley Plaza (Boston)
Fairmont Seattle
Fairmont Monte Carlo (Monaco)
Fairmont Heritage Ghirardelli Square (San Fran)
Fairmont The Plaza (New York)

of the above, my top choice is the Heritage Ghirardelli Square - it's not really part of the regular Fairmont hotels (a lot of certificates do not apply here) as it's an apartment/suite style hotel. But the service there was just amazing and the rooms were so nicely decorated.

Fairmont Monte Carlo is also ranked up there for me, we were upgraded to a suite and it is the best suite I've seen. Spacious, very nicely decorated (not the traditional/outdated fairmont suites). Also the platinum amenity was a very nice bottle of champagne!

The Plaza was nice, but I would never pay regular price for it (I used a free night cert) they do use full-size Caudalie toiletry which as quite impressive.. but then again you would normally have to pay a hefty price for it.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 3:10 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
By my last count, I think I've stayed at 18 different Fairmont properties (or, 17, since one of those is no longer a Fairmont). It's difficult to pick clear winners, since different properties excel in different categories. But, if I had to pick my personal favourites, they would be as follows, along with the reasons for each choice.

#5 - Fairmont Tremblant (location, value, pools, room quality/finish) (this is also the property where I have spent the most nights over my Fairmont history)
#4 - The Savoy (location, design/detail, room quality/finish)
#3 - Fairmont Le Château Frontenac (location, style/architecture)
#2 - The Fairmont Banff Springs (setting/location, style/architecture, spa, facilities and restaurants)
#1 - The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise (setting/location, activities, room quality/finish)
Old Mar 23, 2014, 7:53 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Favorites

Service - Savoy
City Hotel - Pacific Rim
View - Monte Carlo
Value - Chicago
Historic - SF

Least liked - Royal York, maybe I just had a bad stay.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 7:00 am

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
Don't know where to post this will try here. Vancouver has been hogging all the Fairmonts!
Things that go Trump in the night...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle18209108/

The parent company of Fairmont Hotels is considering doing another hotel/condo project in Canada, as it delves further into the residential business.

I think we’ll have one to announce this year,” Greg Doman, senior vice-president of residential development at FRHI Hotels & Resorts (which owns the Fairmont, Raffles and Swissotel brands) tells me.

He won’t say where, but said it’s in a major Canadian market, not Toronto, and it would be like a mini version of the Fairmont Pacific Rim in Vancouver, a hotel with luxury condo units on top that have sold at prices that are the envy of most developers
Old Apr 26, 2014, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Tangoer
Don't know where to post this will try here. Vancouver has been hogging all the Fairmonts!
Things that go Trump in the night...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle18209108/

The parent company of Fairmont Hotels is considering doing another hotel/condo project in Canada, as it delves further into the residential business.
Maybe he is talking about Calgary? There is a new hotel going up in the City Centre project and in the render it says "Fairmont"

http://calgarycitycentre.ca/hotel.php

Has anyone else heard the rumour about the PacRim being changed to a Four Seasons?!?!?!? I've heard this from two ppl but think it's a bit of a stretch. Perhaps they are building another Fairmont condotel in Vancouver in case the rumour above is true.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 10:33 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kokinos
Maybe he is talking about Calgary? There is a new hotel going up in the City Centre project and in the render it says "Fairmont"

http://calgarycitycentre.ca/hotel.php

Has anyone else heard the rumour about the PacRim being changed to a Four Seasons?!?!?!? I've heard this from two ppl but think it's a bit of a stretch. Perhaps they are building another Fairmont condotel in Vancouver in case the rumour above is true.
I've heard this rumor as well, to elaborate: would be part of an announcement when FHRI and Four Seasons announce their merger in the coming months.

I don't see the "Fairmont" logo in those renderings. I do see the word "Fairview" but that is not the same at all.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I am 99% sure it is Calgary. I work in the industry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.