Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Old Jun 29, 2013, 12:35 am

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
I got my 2 free nights and applied them -- this was maybe 5 days after I met spend threshold. Sort of amazing. I've always been curious about Fairmont hotels to stay at them. Wife will be dazzled. And I'm sort of blown away.

I lost $20K in the stock market, but I saved $800 on lodging! And I'm in a good mood!
Old Jun 29, 2013, 8:41 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by shanshan
I lost $20K in the stock market, but I saved $800 on lodging! And I'm in a good mood!
Lol, that's the spirit
Old Jun 29, 2013, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by optimas
Thanks for letting me know! What gold room did you get, the Jr suite?
Junior Suites. I don't recall seeing any Master suites available for booking. Doesn't hurt to ask.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 6:26 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Post RE: My own Post #567

I just checked today. I got my Anniversary Free Night, dated 26 June. My annual fee is scheduled to post later today.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 7:40 am

Programs: Ritz/Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, USAir Chairman, Aegean Gold
Incentive to keep Fairmont Chase Card?

Has anyone tried canceling their Fairmont card and received an incentive (other than the standard free night if you spend 12k) to keep the card?
Old Jul 1, 2013, 9:55 am

Questions on using free night certificate

I recently applied for and received the Fairmont Visa Signature cards. I am looking at one of the hotels in Alberta or Vancouver during the first week of August. I am hoping to meet minimum spend for 2 free nights in next couple of days. It looks like people are receiving free night certificates pretty fast after meeting minimum spend so I'm hoping that I receive them soon so I can make reservations.

I'm wondering in the mean time if I should just book a refundable room in order to hold a room and then later see if they can just apply the certificates when I receive them. Anyone have experience in doing this or thoughts on whether this is a good plan? I still do not understand how the suite upgrade certificate and room upgrade certificates work, but I'd like to use them as well. If booking a refundable room, should I just book a standard room and then try to usedthe free night certificates and upgrade certificates to upgrade to a nicer room or suite? Thanks in advance for your assistance. I've never stayed at a Fairmont, but I'm excited about the possibilities.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 10:44 am

Just a page or two previously this is discussed. If you want to use your free room certificate or your upgrades, you can book a refundable room now and apply them later. You must be booked in a "Fairmont Room". The free room should be easy if you get the certs in time. The upgrades are based on space available when you request the upgrade, so if there are no suites when you receive your upgrade cert, you might be out of luck on them.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Brendan
Has anybody received their free anniversary night e-cert yet??
Like everything about Fairmont, the process was flaky but worked out in the end.

On my anniversary date or the day before, the certs from when I got the card ($200 dining, 3 gold floors) disappeared from my account, correctly. The next day, however, no new certs appeared.

A few days later (I think) they still hadn't posted so I called Fairmont. I got the $100 dining certs and gold floor cert to post. The person on the phone apologized, insisting that they should have posted on March 1 (whatever). I hadn't used some of the of gold floor upgrade coupons, and she extended them a few months.

She said that the free night cert wouldn't post until 3 weeks after my anniversary date. It ended up posting about 2 weeks after the date.

My credit card annual fee didn't post until 3 weeks after the anniversary date.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 11:50 pm

expiration

hi, i have some certs i got last year which i believe expire sept 15

im wondering if this is a book-by date or the date i absolutely need to use the certificates by?

thanks!
Old Jul 3, 2013, 3:08 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Arrow

Rgm18, it's a USE-BY date.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Starwood Platinum, Avis President's Circle, PC Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
If Visa is cancelled, what happens to certificates?

Can anyone advise if you need to have your Chase Fairmont Visa to be active to use the complimentary night stays?

I was able to successfully extend my certificates and booked a stay in mid-August at the Fairmont Chicago Millenium Park. However, my annual fee of $95 posted to my account and is due on July 28.

Having read this forum, I was reminded that I get an annual free night with the card so maybe it is worth it to pay the fee but wanted to get some thoughts on what happens to my complimentary night stays if the Fairmont Visa is cancelled. Thanks in advance to the forum for your insights.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 2:56 pm

Your 2 free nights from last year are safe.
You get the anniversary free night only if you spent $12K on the card before your anniversary date. Check your FPC account to see, or phone Chase.
I did spend so much, so I am cautious about cancelling the card before using my new anniversary free night.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 1:34 am

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Question What happens to Willowstream/Fairmont Premier certs if you cancel credit card?

I am planning to cancel my Chase Fairmont card, and wondering what happens to the Fairmont Premier certs for the remaining membership year (through Feb. 2013) if I cancel the credit card. Is the Fairmont Premier status lost immediately or the end of Feb. 2013?
Old Jul 6, 2013, 10:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Canadian Resident

I assume that Fairmont Chase Card is for US residents only following this thread. Which makes it interesting that my wife was sent an email inviting her to sign up for the card. Has anyone else received Fairmont Chase invitation emails and reside in Canada? Has anyone applied and can report any success signing up for the card while being a resident of Canada?
Old Jul 6, 2013, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I assume that Fairmont Chase Card is for US residents only following this thread. Which makes it interesting that my wife was sent an email inviting her to sign up for the card. Has anyone else received Fairmont Chase invitation emails and reside in Canada? Has anyone applied and can report any success signing up for the card while being a resident of Canada?
The Fairmont Chase invitations were accidently to various FPC members living outside the US (not just in Canada), youll find various posts on this up-thread.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.