Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2012, 11:56 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Fairmont is contacting users directly to tie the Chase and FPC accounts together. I enrolled with my FPC number, but I guess it didn't transfer over, so I gave that to her today.
Old May 22, 2012, 1:00 pm

Signup Vouchers Posted today to my account.

Dining/Willow Stream and Gold Upgrade Cert.

Also Spent $1000, but expect I will have to wait for my first statement for the $1000 Spend Bonus to be credited.

"Enjoy 2 complimentary nights including breakfast
for 2 at any Fairmont destination worldwide
after you make just $1,000 in purchases
within your first three months of account opening."

Currently Certificate Expiry is listed as 5/22/2012 (So 1 Year, occasioanlly this reverts to the end of Feb, so will have to see how they handle this)
Old May 22, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Can you combine the free night certs from the card with the plat free night cert on the same stay?
Old May 22, 2012, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by coremill
Can you combine the free night certs from the card with the plat free night cert on the same stay?
Yes. And you can use a Suite + Gold Floor.

So you could use Free Night + 2 Free Night + Suite Upgrade + Gold Upgrade for 3 Nights in a Gold Floor Suite and use dining certs for a meal.

3 Nights at Beijing in a Gold Suite = $5000 Rack Rate
Old May 22, 2012, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Yes. And you can use a Suite + Gold Floor.

So you could use Free Night + 2 Free Night + Suite Upgrade + Gold Upgrade for 3 Nights in a Gold Floor Suite and use dining certs for a meal.

3 Nights at Beijing in a Gold Suite = $5000 Rack Rate
My understanding is that the Gold Suites are exempt...

I'll go back and look at the T&C's.

Also, did you receive this?

"Existing Fairmont President’s Club Premier & Platinum members
Become a Charter Member and the first year’s annual fee will be waived (a $95 value).2 After approval, you'll receive 2 additional Fairmont Gold upgrades along with $150 in dining certificates.
This is a limited time Charter Member offer, so apply now "
Old May 22, 2012, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
My understanding is that the Gold Suites are exempt...

I'll go back and look at the T&C's.

Also, did you receive this?

"After approval, you'll receive 2 additional Fairmont Gold upgrades along with $150 in dining certificates.
This is a limited time Charter Member offer, so apply now "
Yes and my card says "Charter Member" as well CHRTER is listed on my FPC Profile.

I am VERY pleased with the promotion/offering thus far.
Old May 22, 2012, 6:50 pm

Yes and my card says "Charter Member" as well CHRTER is listed on my FPC Profile.

I agree - this card looks like a winner, especially for existing Plats.

But on the Gold Suites / Rooms:

'Stay certificates may not be redeemed for, or used as credit towards, Fairmont Gold Rooms or Suites.'

' Stay certificates may be used in conjunction with Fairmont President’s Club Platinum Room or Suite Upgrade Certificates but may not be used in conjunction with a Fairmont President’s Club Premier Complimentary Third Night certificate or any other Fairmont or third-party promotions or packages.'
Old May 22, 2012, 9:43 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
I spoke with them when I first received the card and they verified the perks. That was almost 2 weeks back. My account doesn't show the certs yet though.

Fairmont is contacting users directly to tie the Chase and FPC accounts together. I enrolled with my FPC number, but I guess it didn't transfer over, so I gave that to her today.
Old May 22, 2012, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My (well my wife's) card says charter but FPC profile has only platinum - do i need to call to link them somehow?
Old May 22, 2012, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
I agree - this card looks like a winner, especially for existing Plats.

But on the Gold Suites / Rooms:

'Stay certificates may not be redeemed for, or used as credit towards, Fairmont Gold Rooms or Suites.'

' Stay certificates may be used in conjunction with Fairmont President’s Club Platinum Room or Suite Upgrade Certificates but may not be used in conjunction with a Fairmont President’s Club Premier Complimentary Third Night certificate or any other Fairmont or third-party promotions or packages.'
Rule #1
I think this will come down to what agent/hotel you work with.

Rule #2
So as a Plat, I don't get Third Night certs. so that doesn't apply. Worst case, 2Free+2Paid+1Free (you end up paying for 2 nights of 5)
Old May 23, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Amex Platinum
Contacted them last week but as yet FPC account has not been updated. Wonder how long this will take?
Old May 23, 2012, 10:09 am

Is this card required to spend US $1000 per month on everything charges or it needs to have at least $1000.00 per month charges at Fairmont hotel?. My husband currently has a chase cc card, maybe we can convert to the chase signature card.
Old May 23, 2012, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by singhotdeal
Is this card required to spend US $1000 per month on everything charges or it needs to have at least $1000.00 per month charges at Fairmont hotel?. My husband currently has a chase cc card, maybe we can convert to the chase signature card.
You don't need to spend anything. the first 1000 total (in 3 months) gets you the bonus. 12,000 annually earns you other things.
Old May 23, 2012, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by lov2trav
Contacted them last week but as yet FPC account has not been updated. Wonder how long this will take?
They are manually adding the FPC and Visa cards to each account. PM me if you want to contact the manager in charge of this.
Old May 23, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Amex Platinum
There is no rush.Was just wondering how long they will take to do this manually .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.