Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2015, 6:49 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Yes, when you redeem your Fairmont Chase points, you receive Fairmont Ovation certs (see the first few posts in this thread for details).

Ovation certs are basically free night certificates (but also include breakfast and also exist for higher room / suite categories) which are typically received via a corporate incentive program or via loyalty programs (e.g. you can redeem airline miles or credit card points for ovation certs).

Ovation certs are managed separately from FPC certs; in fact you don't even need to be a FPC member to receive / redeem them. And there indeed is a separate hotline for handling ovation certs, though the process is very straigh-forward.

All other certs (incl. the Chase free night certs you receive as a welcome bonus) are handled by FPC.
another dumb question here. I redeemed my fairmont points for an ovation certificate. How can i get hold of few more certificates with airline miles or amex points if such a thing is possible?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 2:57 am

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
Originally Posted by mintcilantro
another dumb question here. I redeemed my fairmont points for an ovation certificate. How can i get hold of few more certificates with airline miles or amex points if such a thing is possible?
Did you receive the ovation certificate by post? If so, how long did you have to wait for it to arrive into your letterbox?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by rownada
Did you receive the ovation certificate by post? If so, how long did you have to wait for it to arrive into your letterbox?
yes. I got it by snail mail. Unfortunately I don't recall how long it took as I was not in any real rush for it then.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Got retention offer: Spend $1,000 and get 5,000 points. Better than a hole in the wall...
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by gpapadop
Got retention offer: Spend $1,000 and get 5,000 points. Better than a hole in the wall...
I got the same.. Initially i wasn't planning on putting 12k on the card this year but since I want to stay at lake louise next summer, I will do the spending.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Redeeming Reward for Fairmont Stays

I'm looking into redeeming my Fairmont Reward for a stay at the Fairmont Orchid.

On the Chase website (https://choosemyreward.chase.com/), for collections A, B, and D I select Junior Suite, Standard Room, or Suite/Fairmont Gold from the drop-down menu. For collection C, I can only chose Junior Suite or Standard Room.

Does anyone know why this is? Or know of a phone where I can find someone to help? I tried the travel advisor number (1-855-234-2538) but they didn't have a clue.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 1:39 pm

I completed the spend on the Fairmont card a few weeks ago. I do not have certificates for free night stay showing in my Presidents Club account or Chase account.

How long does it typically take for the free night certificates to show up?
Do I book through the Chase account or Fairmont account?
Also, does the free night stay include breakfast?

Thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2015, 7:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by shuttercookie
The free night will show up on your account shortly after your credit card anniversary date. You book through Fairmont just like any other certificate. No breakfast is included.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 3:26 am

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
I completed the spend on the Fairmont card a few weeks ago. I do not have certificates for free night stay showing in my Presidents Club account or Chase account.

Thanks!
Same situation here, except I met the spend requirement nearly a month now, statement has now been generated last week but no 2 free night certificates as yet. Still waiting patiently...
Old Aug 23, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by rownada
statement has now been generated last week but no 2 free night certificates as yet. Still waiting patiently...
As stated above, you will need to wait until after your card anniversary date for your one free night. If you're waiting for two free nights, you have a loooong wait ahead of you...
Old Aug 23, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
As stated above, you will need to wait until after your card anniversary date for your one free night. If you're waiting for two free nights, you have a loooong wait ahead of you...
I'm thinking rownada is referring to the spend requirement for the sign-up bonus of 2 free nights rather than the anniversary one free night.

Last edited by jmd001; Aug 23, 2015 at 9:58 am Reason: Corrected wording
Old Aug 23, 2015, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by jmd001
I'm thinking rownada is referring to the spend requirement for the sign-up bonus of 2 free nights rather than the anniversary one free night.
We were inquiring about the two free nights at any Fairmont awarded for the chase credit card sign-up with a $3,000 spend.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 10:42 am

We were inquiring about the two free nights at any Fairmont awarded for the chase credit card sign-up with a $3,000 spend.
Sorry, I thought you were asking about the free night with the annual $12,000 spend.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I found that it took about 4-6 weeks after the initial spend before I got my certificates. I met the spend within a couple weeks of getting the card, didn't come with statement closing (two weeks later) or paying the statement (a couple days after that).

They will one day just show up in your Fairmont account online.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 4:24 pm

If they don't show up, you can call Chase and tgey can tell you if/the date they sent notice to Fairmont. If it's been more than a few days, Fairmont has a Chase liaison who can push them to your account instantly (if they're in the office).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.