Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 5:58 pm

Checking award availability for Banff/Lake Louise

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to check if there are still award rooms at these 2 Fairmont locations available for August 19-21st? We're fitting in a tight vacation schedule and I've been waiting for the room certificates to post after meeting 3K spend, and am worried about actual space.

If not, can we use the suite or room upgrade certificates to convince them to give us an award room anyways?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by nonchalance132
I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to check if there are still award rooms at these 2 Fairmont locations available for August 19-21st? We're fitting in a tight vacation schedule and I've been waiting for the room certificates to post after meeting 3K spend, and am worried about actual space.

If not, can we use the suite or room upgrade certificates to convince them to give us an award room anyways?
Welcome to Flyertalk!

EDIT: Please see following two posts.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Jul 3, 2015 at 9:22 am
Old Jul 3, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: FPC Platinum, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Welcome to Flyertalk!

You can only check availability by calling FPC.

Regarding question 2: Neither property accepts suite upgrade certs. And hotels are not required to accept free night certs if the Fairmont room category isn't available, so I wouldn't count on it.
Is this true? Since when do Banff and Lake Louise not take suite upgrades? That would be terrible if they changed this!

You can book a regular Fairmont room online now, make sure it's a cancellable reservation. Then when you get the free rooms certs just call to apply them to the room you already booked. And if a suite is available at the time you can use the upgrade too.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by optimas
Is this true? Since when do Banff and Lake Louise not take suite upgrades? That would be terrible if they changed this!

You can book a regular Fairmont room online now, make sure it's a cancellable reservation. Then when you get the free rooms certs just call to apply them to the room you already booked. And if a suite is available at the time you can use the upgrade too.
My apologies. I thought this was a follow-up question regarding the discussion about the Plaza and Savoy.

To clarify:

1. Whenever a Fairmont room is available, you can use a free night cert (except for a limited number of dates which are blacked out; see the "limited access" page)
2. as suggested above, you can indeed book a refundable rate at the property and later apply the free night certs once you receive them
3. both room and suite upgrade certs can be used at both properties
Old Jul 3, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
My apologies. I thought this was a follow-up question regarding the discussion about the Plaza and Savoy.

To clarify:

1. Whenever a Fairmont room is available, you can use a free night cert (except for a limited number of dates which are blacked out; see the "limited access" page)
2. as suggested above, you can indeed book a refundable rate at the property and later apply the free night certs once you receive them
3. both room and suite upgrade certs can be used at both properties
Specifically at Lake Louise, you don't necessarily have to have the base Fairmont room available. You can book the Fairmont room and use a Suite Upgrade to get a base (non-Lake View) Junior Suite. You can book the Fairmont Lakeview Room and upgrade to a Lakeview Junior Suite. If all of the Fairmont rooms are unavailable, but the Deluxe rooms are still open, you can also pay for a Deluxe room and upgrade to the Junior Suite--obviously that's more expensive than if the Fairmont room was available, but at least it's an option they seem to offer. If you want any more flexibility than that, you'd have to call the property and negotiate directly and not the central reservations line.

Dealing with the property directly, they've allowed me to book a Junior Suite and upgrade to a 1-Bedroom Suite, or book a Gold Room and upgrade to a Gold Junior suite, etc., basically letting me move up a level from whatever category I wanted to pay for. I don't think that's official policy, but they've been willing to do that before.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 11:20 am

$7,500 Stay Credit

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Just a few days in my experience.
Thanks for the response.

Sent an email to Fairmont and they replied it would take approximately 10 business days for the stay credit to post.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:15 pm

Did not see a Fairmont offer on the Chase site. Is there an active link to apply?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
the breakfast buffet at the Jasper Lodge is AMAZING. Better than Banff (over there it's more of a quantity vs quality).
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by shuttercookie
Did not see a Fairmont offer on the Chase site. Is there an active link to apply?
See post #1102.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
See post #1102.
Thanks!
Old Jul 16, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: AS 100K
when do you get the free night certs? when meeting min spend requirement or right when the billing cycle closes (after meeting min spend req)?
Old Jul 17, 2015, 11:52 pm

Programs: citi premier pass
Free night cert for family?

I have the visa signature 2 free night Fairmont. Is it possible for me to book them under my parents name or add their name under my room reservation? I will not be present at check-in.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by halftechie
I have the visa signature 2 free night Fairmont. Is it possible for me to book them under my parents name or add their name under my room reservation? I will not be present at check-in.
Per the T&C, you can only apply certs for immediate family (incl. parents) if you Platinum status. So if you only have Premier status, the correct answer is no (though I'm sure you wouldn't be the first person to "game" the system).
Old Jul 18, 2015, 7:44 pm

Programs: citi premier pass
Per the T&C, you can only apply certs for immediate family (incl. parents) if you Platinum status. So if you only have Premier status, the correct answer is no (though I'm sure you wouldn't be the first person to "game" the system).
Thanks Jasper2009. By "game" you mean book it under my name and add my parents to the reservation?
Old Jul 18, 2015, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by halftechie
Thanks Jasper2009. By "game" you mean book it under my name and add my parents to the reservation?
Yes, but be aware that the hotel could ask that you drop by at the front desk or charge you / your parents the rack rate for the room if they notice that you're not staying in the room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.