Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2015, 9:51 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by pringle95
I read through a lot of the thread and apologize in advance if the answer is obvious. I am new to Fairmont and want to sign up for the card for an upcoming trip to Banff. The current credit card promotion does not make mention of any upgrade certificates - just 2 nights and free breakfast for 2 after $3k spend. Has the promotion changed or do the upgrade certificates get deposited into the account bc of the premier status upon approval?
The latter. I got the certificates as soon as I was upgraded to Premier status. After the 3k spend, the two nights appeared soon after.

I just returned from Banff for a conference and it was terrific. Reminds me of returning to Oxford University or a Harry Potter movie :-)

If you are coming from the States, the exchange rate won't hurt either. I found the price of food, drinks etc, even taking away the exchange rate bonus, reasonable for this level of property. Looking forward to returning.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by doss1
I got the letter in the mail about the complimentary annual membership to the LOUNGE CLUB TM with over 350 VIP lounges worldwide.

But, there was no other information about this. How do I sign up and where do I get the code for enrollment?

Thanks!
curious about this as well
Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, RC Plat, Shangri-La GC, and more.
https://www.loungeprogramenroll.com/fairmont/ - code FAIRMONT. The next pages will ask for personal details.

This is a very limited membership - two visits per year, and I'm not sure it allows guests. (I have another Lounge Club membership via the Chase Ritz card, and the language of that welcome letter refers to "You and your accompanying guests." The Fairmont letter does not, so I suspect the allowance is just for two solo entries.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by FrenchLaundry
https://www.loungeprogramenroll.com/fairmont/ - code FAIRMONT. The next pages will ask for personal details.

This is a very limited membership - two visits per year, and I'm not sure it allows guests. (I have another Lounge Club membership via the Chase Ritz card, and the language of that welcome letter refers to "You and your accompanying guests." The Fairmont letter does not, so I suspect the allowance is just for two solo entries.
My husband has this and he was able to being me in as a guest, twice. Both were the same lounge: Alaska Airlines Boardroom in Anchorage. No idea if allowing a guest is universal but it did work for us in that lounge. Just a data point. This was earlier this month, so very recent.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:53 pm

Oddly enough...

Arrived home from work and there was a letter from Chase regarding the end of the Lounge Club benefit! Existing LC cards will work until expiry.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:58 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by FrenchLaundry
Oddly enough...

Arrived home from work and there was a letter from Chase regarding the end of the Lounge Club benefit! Existing LC cards will work until expiry.
I got the same today as well. Oddly, I've never been able to use it, as Priority Pass select seems to work much better. I've got until November to try to use it.

I'm wondering out loud if there will be an amenity to replace this.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:39 pm

Programs: Amex, AA, BA, Delta, True Blue, Hyatt, Fairmont, Marriott, HH, IHG
Question New to Fairmont question on new card plus 10 nights at same time

My wife and I are planning 11 paid nights at Fairmont this summer. I understand this will give us premier status, with some certificates, but not free nights. Does it make sense to apply for the Fairmont CC before this stay, or wait for another time, so as to to not to "waste" a year of premier status?

I also have another large spend coming up for major dental work. Is it almost always better to put non-hotel items on an airline cc?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by bigjimbo99
I understand this will give us premier status, with some certificates, but not free nights.
Premier gets you a "third night free" certificate along with upgrade and F&B certificates.

Originally Posted by bigjimbo99
Does it make sense to apply for the Fairmont CC before this stay, or wait for another time, so as to to not to "waste" a year of premier status?
Nothing is wasted. If you already have Premier, you will get a Gold Upgrade certificate with the credit card.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:04 pm

11 nights spend on the card (at 5x) could be quite a few points towards a free night certificate or gift cards, plus meeting some of the $12K annual spend required for an anniversary free night.

General spend? There are lots of opinions at FT. First deciding on a rewards goal seems to be good advice - and the choices can follow from there. Cash back is an alternative to miles/points that many are happy with.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Premier gets you a "third night free" certificate along with upgrade and F&B certificates.
Wait...so if you stay 2 nights, you can get the 3rd night free? How exaclty does this work? What if you have the first 2 nights free via the CC offer? Does the3rd night free option still work?

Let me know asap as I am trying to plan out our honeymoon.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 9:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by doss1
Wait...so if you stay 2 nights, you can get the 3rd night free? How exaclty does this work? What if you have the first 2 nights free via the CC offer? Does the3rd night free option still work?
You have to actually pay for two nights, then you get the third night free.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
You have to actually pay for two nights, then you get the third night free.

Ok thanks.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 12:05 pm

Can I use FREE NIGHT certificate in Bermuda for Our family of 4 (or just 2 people?)

Love to book 2 nights for Mom, Dad, son 21, daughter 17 - 2 double beds in Bermuda for 2 nights using Chase free night certificates. Is it possible?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by MassillonDad
Love to book 2 nights for Mom, Dad, son 21, daughter 17 - 2 double beds in Bermuda for 2 nights using Chase free night certificates. Is it possible?
You should be able to...
Southampton Fairmont online reservations is allowing 3 adults and 1 child 17 or younger in a Fairmont room w/2 queen beds.

Call Fairmont and see what they say.
May consider using your Room and/or Suite Upgrade Certificate on top of Free Room Certs!
Old Apr 6, 2015, 9:39 pm

Is the annual fee still waived for the first year? Or is this promotion over?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.