Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2013, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Certificate Redemptions: How do I redeem

I have certificates on my Fairmont account for breakfast, dinner, and room upgrades. How do I redeem?
Old Jun 5, 2013, 10:29 am

Do we get physical Presidents Club cards when we get the Fairmont/Chase credit card? If so, how long does it take to get them after being approved for the credit card?

We were approved for our credit cards in mid-May. Our $25 dining certificates have been credited to our PC accounts and our PC accounts both indicate Premier.

We are going to Vancouver next month and would like to use our dining certificates at one of the Fairmonts there (not staying at the hotel). We figured it would be easier to use the certificates if we could present physical PC cards showing our member numbers on them.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by YourNameHere
Do we get physical Presidents Club cards when we get the Fairmont/Chase credit card? If so, how long does it take to get them after being approved for the credit card?

We were approved for our credit cards in mid-May. Our $25 dining certificates have been credited to our PC accounts and our PC accounts both indicate Premier.

We are going to Vancouver next month and would like to use our dining certificates at one of the Fairmonts there (not staying at the hotel). We figured it would be easier to use the certificates if we could present physical PC cards showing our member numbers on them.
I have never once pulled out my physical President's Club card at any Fairmont...

That being said, in your situation I would be proactive - call the President's Club line, or the hotel itself, and make sure that they are prepared to support your request at the property.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 12:50 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

FPC Platinum + Chase Visa Annual Renewal Benefits

It appears Fairmont/Chase is going to hold those not qualifying for status through nights, to task over a Gold Upgrade Certificate and Visa Breakfast/Dining Certificates.

I suppose these are not super great losses, considering I still qualify for the annual Visa Free Night Certificate as well as the typical Fairmont Platinum Certs, but I wanted to raise this topic here.

Promotional Flyer:

(If you qualify for FPC through atypical means, (Aeroplan / Heritage Ownership / 2011 Lifetime Promo) AND you do not qualify via stay nights, the terms seem to state one is not eligible.

Promotional Terms: https://www.fairmont.com/promotions/...nd-conditions/
Yearly Gold/Dining Certificates: "To be eligible for this bonus offer, at the time of fulfillment you must have attained Fairmont President’s Club Premier or Platinum status through acquiring the required number of stays/stay credits"
Max Lost Value:
Gold Cert=$50-$100 per night, 5 night max $500
Dining Cert=$100 for Plat

Most likely lost Value: $100-200

(As a side note, I came up $350 spend on the Visa short of a stay credit, that would have qualified me with 5 stays.) Live and learn.

Last edited by AMRivlin; Jun 5, 2013 at 1:30 pm
Old Jun 6, 2013, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
It appears Fairmont/Chase is going to hold those not qualifying for status through nights, to task over a Gold Upgrade Certificate and Visa Breakfast/Dining Certificates.
I think you might be jumping the gun with your claim here. Is there a reason you think this will for SURE be the case other than your interpretation of the T&Cs? Read Post #508 above. That poster is Lifetime Plat but got the 4 x $25 Visa F&B renewal certs credited to his acct recently. I assume your 4x $25 Visa F&B will also credit to your acct on 6/14/13. He simply applied for the CC before you did.

Also, it's POSSIBLE that we will get our Free Nights after $12k spend a year from the date we got our initial Free Nights. If you remember, we got the $250 in F&B certs right off the bat after we applied for the CC, but we didn't get the 2 Free Nights until after we spent $1k in the first 90 days. I'm not positive this is what will happen, I'm just throwing it out there as a possibility. If you are simply making the basis for your claim from the stated T&Cs or from what some Chase CSR told you, I would not count on that as fact by any means.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
I think you might be jumping the gun with your claim here. Is there a reason you think this will for SURE be the case other than your interpretation of the T&Cs? Read Post #508 above.
My "claim" comes from an email conversation with Fairmont Corporate.
The poster in 508 may have met the stay requirements. I was 1 stay short.

I was told in no uncertain terms my "Promotional earned status" does not qualify one for these additionally certificates. Only meeting the required stay numbers will 5/10 or 10/30.

My 12k annual spend cert was credited on June 4. This will not be affected.

That being said, the FM Corp Rep, was EXTREMELY friendly/helpful/accommodating.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So for someone without stay based status the benefits of this card are:

1) stay credit after 7500 and another one after 15K
2) 1 free night after 12K to post after card anniversary
3) premier status and associated benefits ($50 certs, room upgrade, suite upgrade 3 nt free) posting on on Mar 1 - i assume those won't be taken away even if card is cancelled later mid year at renewal

i am trying to decide is it's worth to keep it for my so... probably worth it for $95 fee even without additional dining certs..
Old Jun 6, 2013, 1:29 pm

Honestly, I will keep it for Life. $95 a year for a Night Cert is enough for me.

You also get the features you mentioned, 5% back on Fairmont Stays charged to the card (If you choose to redeem for gift cards) and a card that many people who know fairmont always perk up when they see it and ask about the brand.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 10:45 pm

Programs: Ritz/Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, USAir Chairman, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by YourNameHere

You do get physical cards. When I initially signed up for the card it took about a few weeks to get the fairmont package
Old Jun 8, 2013, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
Originally Posted by azepine00
So for someone without stay based status the benefits of this card are:

1) stay credit after 7500 and another one after 15K
2) 1 free night after 12K to post after card anniversary
3) premier status and associated benefits ($50 certs, room upgrade, suite upgrade 3 nt free) posting on on Mar 1 - i assume those won't be taken away even if card is cancelled later mid year at renewal

i am trying to decide is it's worth to keep it for my so... probably worth it for $95 fee even without additional dining certs..
This is correct. Two notes:

For 1), I believe spending needs to fall within one calendar year
For 3), I believe that you will get Premier coupons expiring the following March 1, and then that March 2 you will get a second set that doesn't expire on the card anniversary date, but on the following March 1. I know of several people who have reported this. I don't know whether this was accidental, or Fairmont's workaround because, say, it can't issue Premier coupons expiring on one's card anniversary date

There is also

4) Membership in the Lounge Club - two free visits to a participating lounge, and the right to pay $27 to enter other lounges. I personally find this not super-useful, as I get access to many lounges via airline elite membership and having Diners Club card, but I managed to find a lounge that I couldn't have accessed otherwise
Old Jun 10, 2013, 9:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
I just got an email invitation from Fairmont re: this card. I assume that as a Canadian resident, I am not eligible? Surely, Fairmont would be able to differentiate their members from being Canadian vs American before sending this offer out or is this just another email glitch similar to the one a few months ago where we received the same email numerous times.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 10:49 am

Programs: FPC Platinum, Aeroplan
I got the email too, no annual fee for first year! This was what I had been waiting for, I just moved to US from Canada last year and couldn't get the card when it first came out as I had no credit history in the US. I figured I'd try if they ever had the promo for first year free again, and thankfully I was approved! Need to go back through these threads now and figure out when I would expect to receive different cert, etc.

One quick question if anyone can answer is when do you get the Gold upgrade certificate (I am platinum)? Is it only after the first year? Thanks
Old Jun 10, 2013, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by optimas
I got the email too, no annual fee for first year!
Is this a unique/targeted offer? If public or a weblink could you post it? Would love to get Chase to match your offer and get my annual fee reimbursed.
Thanks.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 1:45 pm

Programs: AC, FPC, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, BW Diamond Select, Starbucks Gold, VPL
Originally Posted by habshabs444
I just got an email invitation from Fairmont re: this card. I assume that as a Canadian resident, I am not eligible?
+1, but I assumed receiving the email invitation meant I *was* eligible. ?

I did not however see an offer expiry date on the invitation. I am a bit on the fence about accepting, and wanted to mull it over. Any intel there?

TOA13B
Old Jun 10, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
I also received the invitation e-mail, but I'm assuming it's a mistake. I clicked on the link for the application, and I can only see a place to enter US addresses. Also, the Terms & Conditions are all American.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.