Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Old Apr 2, 2013, 9:58 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by john516
How did you book/combine the reservation(s)? By calling the hotel? Fairmont reservations? Thanks in advance for the answer.
it's not bending the rules. agent on phone was happy to do it for my fiance and i
Old Apr 2, 2013, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by john516
How did you book/combine the reservation(s)? By calling the hotel? Fairmont reservations? Thanks in advance for the answer.
Calling the hotel directly during their regular business hours (when in.house reservation is available) or sending an e-mail directly to the hotel works best IME.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 8:28 am

Programs: UA 1k
Anyone know how long after getting the card your status on your account updates to Premier?
Old Apr 4, 2013, 2:25 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Maybe this was posted and missed it. If I redeem for gift cards how is the transaction done? Do I receive them by snail mail? After how long? Or are they in electronic form emailed to me?
Old Apr 4, 2013, 2:31 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gpapadop
Maybe this was posted and missed it. If I redeem for gift cards how is the transaction done? Do I receive them by snail mail? After how long? Or are they in electronic form emailed to me?
You select in increments how many you need on the Chase website and they mail them to you via Usps.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 9:22 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
You select in increments how many you need on the Chase website and they mail them to you via Usps.
Great, thanks for the response!
Old Apr 20, 2013, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Some Data Point

Chronology of my experience with the card:

Applied for card: Apr 3 or 4
Received UPS package with credit card: Apr 9
Achieved $1k spend: Apr 13
Received envelope via USPS with paper certs for the 2 free nights and 4 $25 breakfasts: Apr 20
Old Apr 20, 2013, 11:23 pm

Does anyone know if you get new breakfast certs each year?
Old Apr 21, 2013, 7:01 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Jmd, I'm surprised that U got paper cert.s, which I thought were a thing of the past!
Old Apr 21, 2013, 2:32 pm

Programs: hilton gold,hyatt
Originally Posted by comptalk
Does anyone know if you get new breakfast certs each year?
i think so
Old Apr 24, 2013, 4:20 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
I have no experience with Fairmont hotels, but I'm thinking of adding this card to my next churn, and I want to make sure I really understand the third night benefit before I apply. I've read through the last couple of pages, and my understanding is that in addition to the two nights that come with the crdit card sign on bonus, I can get a third night thanks to the premier status that comes with cardmembership. When does that third night post? I understand the status year starts in March, and that new certs for premier members post in March. Does it make sense to delay the application until Jan or February so that my 2 card certs post around the same time as the premier night? Or will the third night post whenever Fairmont recognizes my status? I'm planning on using the certs on a long weekend getaway, and three night are definitely better than two.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
I have no experience with Fairmont hotels, but I'm thinking of adding this card to my next churn, and I want to make sure I really understand the third night benefit before I apply. I've read through the last couple of pages, and my understanding is that in addition to the two nights that come with the crdit card sign on bonus, I can get a third night thanks to the premier status that comes with cardmembership. When does that third night post? I understand the status year starts in March, and that new certs for premier members post in March. Does it make sense to delay the application until Jan or February so that my 2 card certs post around the same time as the premier night? Or will the third night post whenever Fairmont recognizes my status? I'm planning on using the certs on a long weekend getaway, and three night are definitely better than two.
The 3rd night free cert is deposited into your account as soon as your status is upgraded to Premier, though Im not sure whether they deposit a cert in Jan./Feb. and then another one on March 1.

Also, just to confirm youre aware of this: You need to actually pay for two nights when using the 3rd noight free cert (i.e. you couldnt use the 3rd night free cert and the two free night certs on a 3 night stay).
Old Apr 24, 2013, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
...my understanding is that in addition to the two nights that come with the credit card sign on bonus, I can get a third night thanks to the premier status that comes with card membership. When does that third night post? ...
From the VISA T&Cs:
"Stay certificates may not be redeemed for, or used as credit towards, Fairmont Gold Rooms or Suites. Stay certificates may be used in conjunction with Fairmont Presidents Club Platinum Room or Suite Upgrade Certificates but may not be used in conjunction with a Fairmont Presidents Club Premier Complimentary Third Night certificate or any other Fairmont or third-party promotions or packages. " (Emphasis added.)
Old Apr 24, 2013, 8:35 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Jasper and JMD - thanks. That answers my questions.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Ah. Missed that. That answers my question about timing my application. That said, it sounds like I can still get three nonconsecutive nights with the card. Am I reading that right?
Yes, you could even get three consecutive nights you had a five night stay. The only restriciton is that two nights need to be actually paid for in case when using a 3rd night free cert.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.