Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2012, 8:57 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by newbieflyer1
i received mycard and it says charter member,does that mean i dont need to spend 1000,because in terms i see it says i need to spend 1000
People really should read the terms and promotions of a CC they obtain and not blindly sign up.

Charter and 1000 spend are unrelated.

Charter = no annual fee for 1st year + bonus food vouchers if you are Premier/Platinum

1000 Spend in 3 months = 2 Comp Nights + Breakfast.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 11:25 pm

AMRivlin, can you clarify how you got this card when your location is in Canada? I would love to have this card but I understood it was just for U.S. residents.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by trilinearmipmap
AMRivlin, can you clarify how you got this card when your location is in Canada? I would love to have this card but I understood it was just for U.S. residents.
Trilinear: I am a US Citizen. I have a US and Canadian mailing address.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 5:30 am

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Spends made, shown on montly summary, and paid more than 2 weeks back. Free night certs still not in account.

I think I'll let this drag for a while before calling to hopefully extend when they are offered and then also expire.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Free Nights

Good to know there is a lag in the posting of the free nights. At the rate I'm spending at Fairmonts, my card (which arrived last week) will meet the promotional spending amount after this weekend at Sonoma......

Looking to use my free nights at the Savoy next July....so the later the posting the better!

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
Spends made, shown on montly summary, and paid more than 2 weeks back. Free night certs still not in account.

I think I'll let this drag for a while before calling to hopefully extend when they are offered and then also expire.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I got my card on June 6. On June 13 I got my Premier status & corresponding e-cert.s posted to my account. I was waiting to spend $1000 to extend my expiry date, but...
Oh well, I just bought $1000 in BW GCs to earn 15K AC miles.
'What the heck,' I thought. I charged it to my Fairmont card, so that does it!

Last edited by Brendan; Jun 15, 2012 at 6:52 pm
Old Jun 15, 2012, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by jkc22
Good to know there is a lag in the posting of the free nights. At the rate I'm spending at Fairmonts, my card (which arrived last week) will meet the promotional spending amount after this weekend at Sonoma......

Looking to use my free nights at the Savoy next July....so the later the posting the better!
Tell us about your room your stay in Sonoma after your stay! (in that thread of course)
Old Jun 16, 2012, 7:55 pm

Frustrated with Fairmont/Chase

I applied for this card in mid May, as soon as I learned about it. Received it a few days later & spent $1000 right away. A friend of mine did the same. We are travelling together, and hoped to stay in the same hotel.

His certs posted very quickly & he was able to book the hotel (and also get a free suite upgrade, even on the free nights!).

My certs still have not posted, even though my statement closed a week ago & my spend was $1400.

I have called several times, both to Chase and Fairmont & I am told that there is nothing they can do. They are saying 4-6 weeks. No one can tell me 4-6 weeks FROM WHEN? We leave soon, and the hotel stay is a month from today, so I am not hopeful that we will be able to stay with our friends.

Any suggestions about who to contact?

Also, the other items (suite upgrade and $25 food, etc) posted quickly & expire in Feb 2013.

Thanks!
Old Jun 17, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
I'll PM you an email but they may say 4-6wks as well.
Please don't publically post it as I don't want to see it on blogs and flood the guy with their groupies.

I'm fairly dissapointed at how long these certs are taking to arrive.
I'm leaving for a stay later this week too and was hoping to use the $25 certs. I guess I'll print out my certificates and try to get them to electronically pull them.

Originally Posted by jandmmom

I applied for this card in mid May, as soon as I learned about it. Received it a few days later & spent $1000 right away. A friend of mine did the same. We are travelling together, and hoped to stay in the same hotel.

His certs posted very quickly & he was able to book the hotel (and also get a free suite upgrade, even on the free nights!).

My certs still have not posted, even though my statement closed a week ago & my spend was $1400.

I have called several times, both to Chase and Fairmont & I am told that there is nothing they can do. They are saying 4-6 weeks. No one can tell me 4-6 weeks FROM WHEN? We leave soon, and the hotel stay is a month from today, so I am not hopeful that we will be able to stay with our friends.

Any suggestions about who to contact?

Also, the other items (suite upgrade and $25 food, etc) posted quickly & expire in Feb 2013.

Thanks!
Old Jun 17, 2012, 5:53 pm

Please don't publically post it as I don't want to see it on blogs and flood the guy with their groupies.

I'm leaving for a stay later this week too and was hoping to use the $25 certs. I guess I'll print out my certificates and try to get them to electronically pull them.
You can always redeem them if you give the restaurant or hotel your FPC number (if they are in your account.)

If you are waiting for the vouchers to come in, contact the email TG65 gives you. I have found this contact to be very responsive.

I also requested the card get the "United Club Card" thicker material, a Chip and Pin, and Visa Paywave. Let's hope they add these features down the road.

Sure it might add a few dollars to the card cost, but that is nothing in the scheme of things to Visa or Fairmont.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:18 pm

I applied for this card under my name. I added my wife as a secondary card holder. I then applied my wife' Fairmont President's Club number to the card since she is Platinum with Fairmont.

They have said that they will not post the points to her account since it must be in the name of the primary card holder. This is a major let-down for me...
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by slaman
I applied for this card under my name. I added my wife as a secondary card holder. I then applied my wife' Fairmont President's Club number to the card since she is Platinum with Fairmont.

They have said that they will not post the points to her account since it must be in the name of the primary card holder. This is a major let-down for me...
So apply the benefits to yourself. I think this is typical of US CC benefits. If your wife applies, you can both have the card and both have the benefits annually.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
So apply the benefits to yourself. I think this is typical of US CC benefits. If your wife applies, you can both have the card and both have the benefits annually.
Unfortunately, she cannot apply since she does not have a SSN. The benefits of this card are even greater if you have existing status.

I guess it's better than nothing!
Old Jun 26, 2012, 6:42 am

Thank you very much for this advice. It ended up working out ^
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:22 am

I do have a question. How is everyone maximizing the ability to earn rewards? Since the rewards are really only good for the Fairmont purchases? Everything else is 1 pt, except for travel, which is 2 pts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.