Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2012, 7:51 pm

Man, it is going to take a strong effort and great persistence to make it through all of these!

I'll figure out a way to make it happen though...

Thanks Fairmont, and Chase.

$25 Dining/Willow Stream Certificate
Complimentary Suite Upgrade
Complimentary Room Upgrade
Complimentary Night
$25 USD Willow Stream Spa Certificate
Authentically Local Food Experiences
Fairmont Visa $25 Dining Certificate
Fairmont Visa Complimentary Gold Floor Upgrade

And this is before I have reached my $1,000 spend...
Old Jun 6, 2012, 6:11 am

Programs: AC*75K, Amex Centurion, Marriott Platinum Elite, All Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Man, it is going to take a strong effort and great persistence to make it through all of these!

I'll figure out a way to make it happen though...

Thanks Fairmont, and Chase.

Complimentary Night
$25 USD Willow Stream Spa Certificate
Authentically Local Food Experiences

And this is before I have reached my $1,000 spend...
I was thinking the same thing. Here's where being platinum can help as you can do some transferring.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I just applied for my Chase Fairmont Visa Sun. night June 3. Chase's Website flashed that I was instantly approved. Today at 2PM EDT the UPS man knocked on my door to deliver a Next Day Air carton containing my new card & info kit! Wow!
I've noticed that this Visa provides PRIMARY LDW/CDW coverage! Only excluded countries are Israel, Jamaica, & Ireland (Republic & Northern.)
Now to spend $1000 on the card and put it into my car-rental profiles!
Old Jun 6, 2012, 1:19 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
1 Year, or End of Feb 2013 like all Fairmont Certs. FPC Desk at their discretion can extend certs.
Please let it be Feb. 2014--because I have reason to meet friends in Monte Carlo in Aug. 2013!
Old Jun 6, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Brendan
Please let it be Feb. 2014--because I have reason to meet friends in Monte Carlo in Aug. 2013!
It's 1 year. I hit my minimum spend and my two free nights posted with 5/29/13 expiration dates.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 4:25 pm

Oh-so-thank-U, Bobofoosh, for confirming what the Chase CSR told me yesterday. I was hoping it would be till the end of the calendar month next year. So I will either find an earlier use for my free nights or wait till August 2012 to hit my $1K.
One strategy for someone else who has not yet applied is to wait till late July to apply (just before the July 31 deadline for Charter Membership) and wait till Oct. to spend the $1000 to get an expiry date of Oct. 2013.
BTW, how easy is it to get an extension from FPC?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: AA Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Brendan
Oh-so-thank-U, Bobofoosh, for confirming what the Chase CSR told me yesterday. I was hoping it would be till the end of the calendar month next year. So I will either find an earlier use for my free nights or wait till August 2012 to hit my $1K.
One strategy for someone else who has not yet applied is to wait till late July to apply (just before the July 31 deadline for Charter Membership) and wait till Oct. to spend the $1000 to get an expiry date of Oct. 2013.
BTW, how easy is it to get an extension from FPC?
The extension of normal certs aren't too bad if you have a trip reserved. I've done it a few times and they extend them to the last day of my reserved trip.

But with these being promotional certs I don't know if they'll be able/willing to extend them as much.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
I received my card a couple weeks ago and can't wait to use it at a Fairmont property. I've already cycled enough on it to get the sign up bonus although I don't expect to receive the bonus until after the first statement cuts. The spend requirement was only $1,000 for the promo I applied through.

The card itself is aesthetically pleasing and I was able to get a limit increase from the initial approval of 15K to 60K.

It looks like my first chance to use it at a property will be the Kea Lani. ^
Old Jun 8, 2012, 4:16 pm

Anyone know if you can use the two free night stays at the Plaza in New York?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by comptalk
Anyone know if you can use the two free night stays at the Plaza in New York?
Yes, they can be used at any Fairmont hotel.

However, the Plaza (and the Savoy) impose capacity controls when using a Premier 3rd night freee / Plat free night cert while those restrictions apparently don´t apply when using an ovation cert. Not sure how the introductory offer free night certs are handled...
Old Jun 9, 2012, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Not sure how the introductory offer free night certs are handled...
The introductory Free Night certs seem like they are going to be handled just like Plat Free Night certs. I saw the "Dining Cert" T&Cs somewhere and they are basically identical to the regular Plat spa/dining certs, including the exact same blackout dates at each hotel as well as the same list of non-participating restaurants (ie, no Dining certs can be used at ThePlaza, even the Chase Dining certs). I assume the yearly $12k spend cert will also be like a Plat Free Night cert. The "awards" you can buy with your earned Chase Fairmont FunnyMoney pts from spending on the CC will be Ovation certs though it seems.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 12:27 am
Original Member

I need to double check a couple of things to make sure I understand correctly. I have read every post but still am not quite clear.

The charter benefits by 7/31/2012...does that mean you need to get the card by then OR get the card and charge the $1,000 by then? I want to get the card at the end of July and charge $1,000 by the end of Oct but do not want to miss the charter benefits.

Charging $15,000 in a years for 2 stay credits.....am I to understand that these are just credits toward platinum status or are they actual stays you can use? In other words, after the first year anniversary and the $15,000 spend in one year, would you have 3 days available?

Thanks very much.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by birdyy
Charging $15,000 in a years for 2 stay credits.....am I to understand that these are just credits toward platinum status or are they actual stays you can use? In other words, after the first year anniversary and the $15,000 spend in one year, would you have 3 days available?
Receiving two stay credits means that your number of qualifying stays is increased by 2 thus making qualifying for Plat status easier. It does NOT mean you will actually get two vouchers.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 9:46 am

Programs: AC*75K, Amex Centurion, Marriott Platinum Elite, All Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Receiving two stay credits means that your number of qualifying stays is increased by 2 thus making qualifying for Plat status easier. It does NOT mean you will actually get two vouchers.
Or from the post above putting you 2 nights closer to a free night with 10 nights stayed. Correct?
Old Jun 10, 2012, 2:13 pm
Original Member

Thanks so much for the clarification.

What about the Charter Member benefits? Does one have to charge the $1,000 before 7/31/12?

Thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.