Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2012, 8:51 pm

Programs: AC*75K, Amex Centurion, Marriott Platinum Elite, All Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bobofoosh
I'm curious on when the free night posts when you hit $12k spend. It reads like you don't get it until your one year anniversary hits, but I'm hoping it posts when you hit the spend. Will the first person who hits $12k let us know?
I was just reviewing all of the Fairmont Rewards this evening. Seems like the first year is great with no annual fee and all of the bonuses. It also looks like you'll have to pay the $95 annual fee at the anniversary for the free night to post after spending $12K.

In the next year, as FPC Platinum, paying the $95 will get an annual Gold upgrade cert, and after spending $12K, the free night. Using the 12K Fairmont points, you can get $120 worth of gift cards.

Looking even more closely, I can't actually find a reason to spend more than $12K on this card annually, as the way the points structure works out, the hotel redemption rate doesn't seem like it will be more than about 1%. To stay at the lowest tier (category A), you need to 25K points, meaning $25K spend, assuming they are earned at a 1 for 1 level.

Will put the $12K spending through this evening and report back...
Old May 30, 2012, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by makemoretospendmore
I was just reviewing all of the Fairmont Rewards this evening. Seems like the first year is great with no annual fee and all of the bonuses. It also looks like you'll have to pay the $95 annual fee at the anniversary for the free night to post after spending $12K.

In the next year, as FPC Platinum, paying the $95 will get an annual Gold upgrade cert, and after spending $12K, the free night. Using the 12K Fairmont points, you can get $120 worth of gift cards.

Looking even more closely, I can't actually find a reason to spend more than $12K on this card annually, as the way the points structure works out, the hotel redemption rate doesn't seem like it will be more than about 1%. To stay at the lowest tier (category A), you need to 25K points, meaning $25K spend, assuming they are earned at a 1 for 1 level.

Will put the $12K spending through this evening and report back...
Maybe go to $15K to get the 2 nights stay credit?

"When spending $7,500, Cardmembers will receive an additional stay credit toward their Elite membership to a maximum of two stay credits per year."

Plus put your Fairmont stays on the card no matter what?
Old May 30, 2012, 10:07 pm

Programs: AC*75K, Amex Centurion, Marriott Platinum Elite, All Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Maybe go to $15K to get the 2 nights stay credit?

"When spending $7,500, Cardmembers will receive an additional stay credit toward their Elite membership to a maximum of two stay credits per year."

Plus put your Fairmont stays on the card no matter what?
Unfortunately stay credits do not serve any purpose for me as an automatic annual FPC Plat.

Just put the $12K through, will make the payment when it posts to the account and then ask about the anniversary free night. That might be all I put on it this year. Keep you all posted.
Old May 30, 2012, 11:52 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by makemoretospendmore
Unfortunately stay credits do not serve any purpose for me as an automatic annual FPC Plat..
Not certain about this but since free certs count towards plat status and 10 nights beyond equate to an additional night, lifetime plats spending 15k on the card can potentially net another free night with 4 paid nights in room.

1 annual plat night cert
2 card sign up 1k certs
1 12k spend cert
2 credits @15k
4 checkins at Newport beach.
May net a member another (their fifth night cert]

9 nights for around $500 (less if u use gift cards)
Old May 31, 2012, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Not certain about this but since free certs count towards plat status and 10 nights beyond equate to an additional night, lifetime plats spending 15k on the card can potentially net another free night with 4 paid nights in room.

1 annual plat night cert
2 card sign up 1k certs
1 12k spend cert
2 credits @15k
4 checkins at Newport beach.
May net a member another (their fifth night cert]

9 nights for around $500 (less if u use gift cards)
Thanks for this line of thought. The only issue I see is that the $12K night certificate won't be available until next year (at which point there are no longer the 2 free nights with 1K spend). Therefore, it looks like one would need 5 additional nights to make it work for this inaugural year.

Right now, I have 6 nights.

Adding on:
-2 free nights from charter member offer
-$15K in spending yielding 2 more nights credit

This would total 10 nights and therefore another free night. Looks like this Chase Visa may see another 3K...
Old May 31, 2012, 11:28 am

Programs: United 1P; Delta GM; SP Gold; AS MVPG; FPC Premier
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Not certain about this but since free certs count towards plat status
Is this piece right? If someone stays for one night using a free room certificate rather than on a paid rate, that will give a stay credit for qualifying for platinum status? I've never stayed on a free night before that hasn't also included a paid night, so I don't know how that would work.
Old May 31, 2012, 11:32 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by joshc40
Is this piece right? If someone stays for one night using a free room certificate rather than on a paid rate, that will give a stay credit for qualifying for platinum status? I've never stayed on a free night before that hasn't also included a paid night, so I don't know how that would work.
At least in years past (2011) the free night cert = Stay Credit, with or without a paid night.
Old May 31, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Globalist
Talking Benefits Posted

I was a FPC member with no status, and applied for the card two weeks ago. I immediately charged $1,000 to it - and didn't expect anything so soon.

Today, I checked my FPC account, and I've been upgraded to Premier, with the following certificates showing on my account page:
  • 3rd Night Free
  • $25 Dining/Willow Stream Certificate x2
  • Complimentary Suite Upgrade
  • Complimentary Room Upgrade
  • Fairmont Visa $25 Breakfast Certificate x4
  • Fairmont Visa Complimentary Night x2

I am - to put it mildly - quite excited.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 3:15 am

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
My wifes account has over $1k in charges for over 3 weeks now (she is ahead of me on spending ) and had all the certificates except the free nights post to her account. Sounds like I'll need to call for her. I haven't reached the $1k yet.

Anyone else reach the spending, but not get the free night certs showing up online?

Originally Posted by atourgates
I was a FPC member with no status, and applied for the card two weeks ago. I immediately charged $1,000 to it - and didn't expect anything so soon.

Today, I checked my FPC account, and I've been upgraded to Premier, with the following certificates showing on my account page:
  • 3rd Night Free

Old Jun 1, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Amex Platinum

• 3rd Night Free

I am confused. Can someone explain why Fairmont Visa $25 Breakfast Certificate x4 were given?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

got the card in mid may finished spending by 20th or so and called fairmont a few days later to confirm linking the card
Whole bunch of certs posted on may 30 ^ with one year expiration

Now need to decide if i should switch from a suite at hyatt sin to a suite at fairmont sin
Old Jun 1, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lov2trav
I am confused. Can someone explain why Fairmont Visa $25 Breakfast Certificate x4 were given?
I think that's the "2 Free Nights Including Breakfast For 2" part of the offer. Here's the relevant section from the offer's T&C on Fairmont's site:
Each breakfast certificate entitles the holder to: a dining credit for breakfast only (value $25 USD). Breakfast certificates may be applied to tax; however, alcohol and gratuities are not included in the credit. Breakfast certificates are redeemable at all participating restaurants serving breakfast located at or in any Fairmont hotel or resort worldwide. Breakfast certificates may be used in conjunction with the complimentary two-night stay certificate offered in connection with this program, but may not be used in conjunction with any other Fairmont or third-party package or special offer. Breakfast certificates do not apply to in-room dining.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 11:43 pm

I think that's the "2 Free Nights Including Breakfast For 2" part of the offer. Here's the relevant section from the offer's T&C on Fairmont's site:
Does that mean that the 2 free nights come with $ 100 breakfast certificates?
Old Jun 2, 2012, 1:08 am

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Here's an email reply I received from a 'Fairmont Visa Signature Administrator' in the middle of may. It states you will get 4 $25 breakfast certificates with the 2 free night certificates. So effectively $50 a day for the breakfast. Not quite enough for 2 people at a Fairmont but when combined with all the other certs its still wonderful.

"If $1,000 USD or more if spent within the first 3 months you will receive 2 complimentary night certificates and 4 breakfast certificates valued at $25 USD each, a maximum of 2 can be used per breakfast sitting. Essentially, if you choose to combine them it’s 2 nights with breakfast."

Originally Posted by lov2trav
Does that mean that the 2 free nights come with $ 100 breakfast certificates?
Old Jun 2, 2012, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
Here's an email reply I received from a 'Fairmont Visa Signature Administrator' in the middle of may. It states you will get 4 $25 breakfast certificates with the 2 free night certificates. So effectively $50 a day for the breakfast. Not quite enough for 2 people at a Fairmont but when combined with all the other certs its still wonderful.

"If $1,000 USD or more if spent within the first 3 months you will receive 2 complimentary night certificates and 4 breakfast certificates valued at $25 USD each, a maximum of 2 can be used per breakfast sitting. Essentially, if you choose to combine them it’s 2 nights with breakfast."
Sweet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.