Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2012, 3:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by politico_pk
Hello FT friends! Two quick questions about this product:

1. What is "Charter Member Offer" - am guessing this is specific to Chase banking products? Or is it something else?

2. To echo a question asked earlier in this thread, but not answered as far as I could see, does this require a US SSN? Has any Canadian tried to obtain the card?

Cheers!
Not sure what Charter member means; maybe the ones who took advantage of the promotion by 7/31?

Yes the Chase application did ask for SSN.
Old May 24, 2012, 3:18 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lov2trav
Not sure what Charter member means; maybe the ones who took advantage of the promotion by 7/31?

Yes the Chase application did ask for SSN.
Yes Charter=First Group to have joined/applied before July 31.

What shocks me, is there isn't crazy adoption of this card. The signup value is good, and great for platinum members. Almost so good, if you are a PLAT, you should have this card.

It is pretty clear this is only for US Residents. If you are a US Resident/Citizen you have a SS#. All others are not eligible.

My question: Where do we get the lounge vouchers for the Plaza Lounges?
Old May 24, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: United 1P; Delta GM; SP Gold; AS MVPG; FPC Premier
Originally Posted by AMRivlin

What shocks me, is there isn't crazy adoption of this card. The signup value is good, and great for platinum members. Almost so good, if you are a PLAT, you should have this card.

It is pretty clear this is only for US Residents. If you are a US Resident/Citizen you have a SS#. All others are not eligible.

Plaza lounges? Too bad that the lounge program isn't priority pass instead of The Lounge Club. The longes in the program seem to be very limited, especially in the US.
Old May 24, 2012, 6:27 pm
mow

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

What is the advantage of a gold room is it a better room ??
Old May 24, 2012, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by mow
What is the advantage of a gold room is it a better room ??
http://www.fairmont.com/EN_FA/Property/Gold/

Better Views, Basically a Deluxe+ Room, Free Internet (*already free for FPC) Private Checkin (Avoid the front desk), Small Canapes Lounge + Honour Bar.
Old May 24, 2012, 7:20 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
What do you mean by adoption of the card?
I personally know 10+ who have applies.

Old May 28, 2012, 9:16 pm

Received my cards in the mail today... my wife is a Fairmont Platinum member and I got two cards, one with my name, and one with her - linked to her Fairmont Membership number...

I had a question about the LoungeClub.com access - can both of us apply for our own membership, and will both of us get 2 free annual visits? Or, do we get 2 per account? If so, can both of us go into the lounge together and use the 2 free visits, or will one of us be charged as a "Guest"?

EDIT: I was able to create a membership account for both me and my wife on LoungeClub.com - so perhaps we'll both get 2 free visits because we each have a card (even though it's the same account number)?

Last edited by slaman; May 28, 2012 at 9:26 pm
Old May 28, 2012, 10:45 pm

where is the information to sign up for this lounge club thing.
Old May 29, 2012, 12:35 pm

I just want to clarify something. The initial 2 Free Nights (and I assume the yearly Free Night for $12k spend) is NOT an Ovation cert, correct? Rather it is simply some Free Night cert similar to the Plat Free Night cert, correct? And then there is an extra component of a free breakfast cert that Chase must ship you (or deposit electronically into your FPC acct)? I'm asking cuz as far as I know Ovation certs don't expire, but these Chase Free Nights do expire. Also, Ovation certs can be used at Plaza NYC and Savoy without any blackout dates whereas a cert similar to the Plat Free Night cert has limited availability at those 2 hotels. Can anybody clarify this for me please?
Old May 29, 2012, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
I just want to clarify something. The initial 2 Free Nights (and I assume the yearly Free Night for $12k spend) is NOT an Ovation cert, correct? Rather it is simply some Free Night cert similar to the Plat Free Night cert, correct? And then there is an extra component of a free breakfast cert that Chase must ship you (or deposit electronically into your FPC acct)? I'm asking cuz as far as I know Ovation certs don't expire, but these Chase Free Nights do expire. Also, Ovation certs can be used at Plaza NYC and Savoy without any blackout dates whereas a cert similar to the Plat Free Night cert has limited availability at those 2 hotels. Can anybody clarify this for me please?
You are correct. They are a special Certificate similar but not identical to the Plat Free Night. They list Free Breakfast on the cert themselves, not something additional.
Old May 29, 2012, 4:23 pm

You are correct. They are a special Certificate similar but not identical to the Plat Free Night. They list Free Breakfast on the cert themselves, not something additional.
Anybody have any idea if these Chase "special certs" are capacity controlled at Savoy and Plaza NYC like the FPC Plat certs are? Is it the same inventory bucket (ie, likely to sell out for the year sometime in March/April?). Also, if they are not Ovation certs, then I assume they are not valid at Raffles hotels etc, correct?

I assume the Chase $12k spend Free night will also be similar to the one above, correct?

Finally, with the special Chase Fairmont funny money pts that we earn, those pts WILL buy Ovation certs, which are valid even at Raffles depending on the Ovation Category (A/B/C/D), correct?
Old May 29, 2012, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Anybody have any idea if these Chase "special certs" are capacity controlled at Savoy and Plaza NYC like the FPC Plat certs are? Is it the same inventory bucket (ie, likely to sell out for the year sometime in March/April?). Also, if they are not Ovation certs, then I assume they are not valid at Raffles hotels etc, correct?

I assume the Chase $12k spend Free night will also be similar to the one above, correct?

Finally, with the special Chase Fairmont funny money pts that we earn, those pts WILL buy Ovation certs, which are valid even at Raffles depending on the Ovation Category (A/B/C/D), correct?
Plaza and Savoy will always be capacity controlled. Only valid at fairmonts before expiry. To your second question. Yes.
Old May 29, 2012, 4:51 pm

Plaza and Savoy will always be capacity controlled.
FWIW, Plaza NYC and Savoy are NOT capacity controlled if you redeem an Ovation cert for them. I have personal experience with this, so this I am positive of unless the rules have changed in the past 10 months.
Old May 29, 2012, 10:34 pm

Programs: United 1P; Delta GM; SP Gold; AS MVPG; FPC Premier
where is the information to sign up for this lounge club thing.
There was something in the glossy materials that came with the card. It may have been in a footnote that was labelled next to the description of the lounge benefit--I can't recall where exactly that info was. In any event, it directs you to the website for Lounge Club and gives you a promo code to enter to get the subscription. You sign up online that way, and then the card itself comes in the mail. Mine came about 10 days or so after signing up online.
Old May 30, 2012, 11:28 am

Programs: AA Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by makemoretospendmore
I guess my question re the 4 x $25 dining certificates was answered.

Checked my account, and as existing Platinum, I received 4 x $25 dining certificates plus a certificate for upgrade to gold.

As a charter member, I now also have the $150 in dining certificates and 2 more certificates for upgrade to gold.

$250 in dining certs and 3 upgrade gold certs. Will definitely clear the $12K for another 3 comp nights in the first year. Not too bad for a card that waives the annual fee for the first year .
I'm curious on when the free night posts when you hit $12k spend. It reads like you don't get it until your one year anniversary hits, but I'm hoping it posts when you hit the spend. Will the first person who hits $12k let us know?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.