Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Fairmont | Fairmont President's Club
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 19, 11, 8:02 am   #1
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5
FPC Benefit Clarification re: Spa discount

Wife and other family members are going to spend a day (and likely an obscene amount of money) at the Fairmont Sonoma Spa, but won't be staying there. Under the FPC (base) member benefits, it says that there is a 10% discount for spa treatments. When wife reserved all the day's activities, she was told that the discount was available only if she were staying at the hotel. I don't see that as a restriction when I visit the Fairmont site and look at the FPC benefits page. Can anyone provide any insight? Thanks for the help.
bigdaddycincinnati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 11, 1:02 pm   #2
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: yyj
Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddycincinnati View Post
Wife and other family members are going to spend a day (and likely an obscene amount of money) at the Fairmont Sonoma Spa, but won't be staying there. Under the FPC (base) member benefits, it says that there is a 10% discount for spa treatments. When wife reserved all the day's activities, she was told that the discount was available only if she were staying at the hotel. I don't see that as a restriction when I visit the Fairmont site and look at the FPC benefits page. Can anyone provide any insight? Thanks for the help.
The discount is only for Willow Stream spas. The Sonoma property is not a WS.
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 11, 1:17 pm   #3
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascadia View Post
The discount is only for Willow Stream spas. The Sonoma property is not a WS.
Thanks. I see now.
bigdaddycincinnati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 11, 8:16 pm   #4
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 18,690
In my experience, such as the Spa Without Walls in Hawaii.. and Spa Kea Lani in Wailea..

Both hotels honored the 10% off.. but I was staying at the hotel at the time.
Ancien Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 11, 10:54 pm   #5
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: CLE
Programs: AA LT PLT, UA 1K+LT UC, Fairmont LT PLT, SPG PLT, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Avis CHM.
Posts: 2,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro View Post
In my experience, such as the Spa Without Walls in Hawaii.. and Spa Kea Lani in Wailea..

Both hotels honored the 10% off.. but I was staying at the hotel at the time.
Do those properties honor the platinum Willow Stream Spa certificates when staying there?
__________________
My site: DansDeals.com
ctownflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 11, 11:04 pm   #6
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 18,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownflyer View Post
Do those properties honor the platinum Willow Stream Spa certificates when staying there?
The certificates are like currency and can be adjusted at front desk.. I imagine if you have a combination of food and spa, the front desk will apply the certificates for you at check out..

If you are solely wanting to apply the spa certificates, call the spa and check.. but I've never had problems getting exceptions with the certs.. i.e. Nicks Fishmarket at Kea Lani, the cert specifically discludes, but I've eaten at Nicks every trip we've been.
Ancien Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 9:36 pm.