FPC Benefit Clarification re: Spa discount

Old May 19, 2011, 7:02 am
Original Poster

FPC Benefit Clarification re: Spa discount

Wife and other family members are going to spend a day (and likely an obscene amount of money) at the Fairmont Sonoma Spa, but won't be staying there. Under the FPC (base) member benefits, it says that there is a 10% discount for spa treatments. When wife reserved all the day's activities, she was told that the discount was available only if she were staying at the hotel. I don't see that as a restriction when I visit the Fairmont site and look at the FPC benefits page. Can anyone provide any insight? Thanks for the help.
Old May 19, 2011, 12:02 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bigdaddycincinnati
Wife and other family members are going to spend a day (and likely an obscene amount of money) at the Fairmont Sonoma Spa, but won't be staying there. Under the FPC (base) member benefits, it says that there is a 10% discount for spa treatments. When wife reserved all the day's activities, she was told that the discount was available only if she were staying at the hotel. I don't see that as a restriction when I visit the Fairmont site and look at the FPC benefits page. Can anyone provide any insight? Thanks for the help.
The discount is only for Willow Stream spas. The Sonoma property is not a WS.
Old May 19, 2011, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cascadia
The discount is only for Willow Stream spas. The Sonoma property is not a WS.
Thanks. I see now.
Old May 19, 2011, 7:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
In my experience, such as the Spa Without Walls in Hawaii.. and Spa Kea Lani in Wailea..

Both hotels honored the 10% off.. but I was staying at the hotel at the time.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
In my experience, such as the Spa Without Walls in Hawaii.. and Spa Kea Lani in Wailea..

Both hotels honored the 10% off.. but I was staying at the hotel at the time.
Do those properties honor the platinum Willow Stream Spa certificates when staying there?
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Do those properties honor the platinum Willow Stream Spa certificates when staying there?
The certificates are like currency and can be adjusted at front desk.. I imagine if you have a combination of food and spa, the front desk will apply the certificates for you at check out..

If you are solely wanting to apply the spa certificates, call the spa and check.. but I've never had problems getting exceptions with the certs.. i.e. Nicks Fishmarket at Kea Lani, the cert specifically discludes, but I've eaten at Nicks every trip we've been.^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.