Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

"More Fairmont, More Miles": bonus miles for staying at x different Fairmont hotels

"More Fairmont, More Miles": bonus miles for staying at x different Fairmont hotels

Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum

The new Fairmont benefits site lists the following benefit for all FPC members:

Earn 1000, 2000, or 3000 bonus miles if you stay at 3, 4, or 5 different Fairmont locations respectively.

Not bad, a Plat would earn 11000 miles after staying at five different Fairmonts.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
The new Fairmont benefits site lists the following benefit for all FPC members:

Earn 1000, 2000, or 3000 bonus miles if you stay at 3, 4, or 5 different Fairmont locations respectively.

Not bad, a Plat would earn 11000 miles after staying at five different Fairmonts.
I'm glad that they brought back this promo, as we usually racked up AE miles major between my wife and I. So between SO and SO, that would be 22,000 miles.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 6:11 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Jasper,
Where is this on the Fairmont site? I can't seem to find it.
chop
Old Mar 3, 2011, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by choptliva
Jasper,
Where is this on the Fairmont site? I can't seem to find it.
chop
Its in the chart comparing the benefits for Club/Premier/Platinum members:

https://www.fairmont.com/EN_FA/FPC/M...ipBenefits.htm

-> "More Fairmont, More Miles"
Old Mar 3, 2011, 7:38 am

Oh, found it. Thanks!
Old Mar 3, 2011, 11:30 am

Programs: AC*SE
Does this work for NFAF stays as well?
Old Mar 3, 2011, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CdnFlier
Does this work for NFAF stays as well?
Dont know for sure, but my best guess is that only stays qualify for this promo on which you earnt miles, as FAF rates dont earn any miles Id guess that those stays dont qualify for this promo, unfortunately
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Worked on the past promo about 4 years back with any rate..
Old May 4, 2011, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thumbs down "More Fairmont, More Miles" benefit "disappeared"

I contacted FPC the other day asking about the miles for the benefit as Ive stayed at six different Fairmont hotels so far this year and to my suprise nobody knew anything about this benefit.

The "More Fairmont, More Miles" benefit has also disappeared from the FPC site.

Did anyone take a screenshot of the benefit comparison chart which includes the "More Fairmont, More Miles" benefit in March 2011 by chance?

Im pretty sure I (and the other FTers who posted in this thread) didnt suffer from hallucinations...
Old May 4, 2011, 8:32 pm
Suspended

I contacted FPC the other day asking about the miles for the benefit as Ive stayed at six different Fairmont hotels so far this year and to my suprise nobody knew anything about this benefit.

Did anyone take a screenshot of the benefit comparison chart which includes the "More Fairmont, More Miles" benefit in March 2011 by chance?

Im pretty sure I (and the other FTers who posted in this thread) didnt suffer from hallucinations...
Jasper2009.. I can confirm that I saw the benefits offered a couple of times earlier in the year. I'm glad that Fairmont is offering Instant Qualification kits.. it would be interesting to comb through the list of benefits once again to see if anything else has changed.
Old May 5, 2011, 7:28 am

Jasper, like AM I saw that benefit listed too. In fact, I am about to start my summer swing and was banking on it! I don't have a screenshot though (never figured out how to do it! I admit, techno dinosaur that I am). They just eliminated a benefit without telling anyone? Wow.
Old May 5, 2011, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by choptliva
Jasper, like AM I saw that benefit listed too. In fact, I am about to start my summer swing and was banking on it! I don't have a screenshot though (never figured out how to do it! I admit, techno dinosaur that I am). They just eliminated a benefit without telling anyone? Wow.
Thanks for confirming!

Yes, Ive exchanged several e-mails with the FPC Plat desk and basically ʹm told I must have dreamt up this benefit...

The first Plat concierge was very polite, but had never heard of that benefit. The second concierge told me that benefit was discontinued several years ago and sent me the link the current FPC site.

I wouldnt be overly suprised if they hadnt intended to include the "More Fairmont, More Miles" benefit in the comparison chart and it was just an IT glitch/sloppy intern copying an old chart, but just pretending it was never there isnt overly impressive in my books.

I was indeed counting on getting those 6k miles for an upcoming reward which would cost me >$200 if I bought them directly.

Maybe you (and other FTers who saw the benefit listed) should drop them an e-mail asking what happened to the benefit...
Old May 5, 2011, 10:46 am
Suspended

The transition to 2011 benefits was sloppy.

The platinum desk clerks often doesn't have a clue about current and updated benefits of FPC. While it may be a glitch on the website, the FPC Platinum package members receive should govern. I must admit, it would have been nice for myself to receive that benefit. The extra miles are nominal, but it all adds up.
Old May 5, 2011, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
The extra miles are nominal, but it all adds up.
Yeah, I agree with you both, AM and Jasper. I just sent an email asking for clarification (surely won't result in much, but what the heck, right?). As Jasper said, maybe when more people ask them about the same thing, they will believe that something was amiss.

I'm guessing, as AM suggests, it was a glitch and I won't be too upset over it. But it would be nice to know what's going on. I'll report back if I hear anything at all.

Cheers,
chop
Old May 5, 2011, 11:02 am
Suspended

I selected the e-mail feedback option just above terms and conditions.

I sent a message, so if I hear back, I'll let you guys know as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.