Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FPC Platinum Passions Enhancements

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2011, 5:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by point bonita lighthouse
We still have to sign up for all of our 8 "passions". Is there any consensus on which "passions" provide the most financial value? My assumption is that golf and a golf lesson would be two obvious ones. Any other reports other than the Pacific Rim that some of the other hotels are providing full massages?

We were just at the Seattle Fairmont for a few days and they still appeared confused about how the program will work. They had put together a culinary experience package that did not sound to exciting. Has anyone head of an extraordinary culinary package at the Savoy or NY Plaza or another hotel of that caliber?

Thanks for any help and input.
IMHO.. Maestro picks..

Round of Golf ($225 value)
Golf Lesson with course pro ($175 value?)
Manicure/Pedicure ($175+ value)

The fourth pick is up in the air.. but the Fairmont Moments (no packages released this year yet) $100 off looks like a good one, but the packages could range $3,000 and up per person.. I think we're leaning towards the local food specialty.. although the box of Fairmont tea bags might be worth say $75.. duffle bag is useful.. 20% off art, if you think something strikes your fancy could save hundreds/thousands of dollars.. That fourth pick is a difficult one.
Old May 10, 2011, 1:45 am
Moy

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
IMHO.. Maestro picks..

Round of Golf ($225 value)
Golf Lesson with course pro ($175 value?)
Manicure/Pedicure ($175+ value)
Do you REALLY value a manicure or pedicure at $175+? IMHO, you'd be hardpressed to find a Fairmont that charges $175+ for one.......

Last edited by Moy; May 10, 2011 at 2:10 am
Old May 10, 2011, 2:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Moy
Do you REALLY value a manicure or pedicure at $175+? IMHO, you'd be hardpressed to find a Fairmont that charges $175+ for one.......
I think you're right.. It's just I've got it initially averaged out that way.. based on FTers successfuly exchanging manicure/pedicure Passions certificate for a 60 minute massage. Perhaps a range is more appropriate.

Manicure/Pedicure certificate (retail range around $110 to $285), upper end to be verified. Includes tax and gratuity
Old May 10, 2011, 5:45 pm
Suspended

I think you're right.. It's just I've got it initially averaged out that way.. based on FTers successfuly exchanging manicure/pedicure Passions certificate for a 60 minute massage. Perhaps a range is more appropriate.

Manicure/Pedicure certificate (retail range around $110 to $285), upper end to be verified. Includes tax and gratuity
Gee. For 285 you can fly to Bangkok and get a pedicure plus manicure plus haircut and a night in a five star hotel! Well... Almost
Old May 10, 2011, 5:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Allvest
Gee. For 285 you can fly to Bangkok and get a pedicure plus manicure plus haircut and a night in a five star hotel! Well... Almost
Yes you're right.. That's what I pretty much said about their retail round of golf. A regular priced massage at Willow Stream Spa Banff Springs Hotel runs that much with tax and grat..

We'll have to see how likely accross the board the massages can be substituted for the manicure/pedicure Passions. At Pacific Rim, Platinum Members have been able to substitute a 60 minute massage for the cert.. Touch and go for now.. those are the range in values so far, subject to change.
Old May 11, 2011, 1:56 am
Moy

That's still stretching it IMHO. So far there has been evidence of ONE property allowing people to trade in their $69 manicure (retail value) for $129 worth of massages (retail value). So I'd say a $110-285 range is still stretching it a bit if the "exception" so far has been capped at $129. I'd say a better range would be $50-$100, or $50-150 if other hotels give the similar "exceptions" that Pacific Rim gives.
Old May 11, 2011, 10:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Moy
That's still stretching it IMHO. So far there has been evidence of ONE property allowing people to trade in their $69 manicure (retail value) for $129 worth of massages (retail value). So I'd say a $110-285 range is still stretching it a bit if the "exception" so far has been capped at $129. I'd say a better range would be $50-$100, or $50-150 if other hotels give the similar "exceptions" that Pacific Rim gives.
The Banff Springs Manicure/Pedicure is average $89 for a 45 minute, plus add the GST and gratuity. The Pacific Rim $129 credit was towards their spa packages.. but thats if you want just the credit.. their massages which a few Platinum members on FT has received is worth more than the $129.. consider the retail price, plus add the tax and tip.

Sure, if you pick just any location and work to find the worst deal, your certificate would simply be considered "less value"..
Old May 11, 2011, 1:47 pm
Moy

Sure, if you pick just any location and work to find the worst deal, your certificate would simply be considered "less value"..
Please demonstrate a single REAL instance where this mani/pedi would be worth $285. Heck, please demonstrate a single instance where this would be worth even $200. I think you're grasping at straws, and coming to conclusions that might not even exist except for at a single hotel.............
Old May 11, 2011, 2:02 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Moy
Please demonstrate a single REAL instance where this mani/pedi would be worth $285. Heck, please demonstrate a single instance where this would be worth even $200. I think you're grasping at straws, and coming to conclusions that might not even exist except for at a single hotel.............
Ok.. for you.. we'll adjust the range down.. of course subject to verification by other FPC members, in fact if an actual 60 minute massage can be obtained at BSH.

Range is now, I think you suggested $50.. to a verified high of approximately $159.83 including tax and tip (verified at the Pac Rim exchanged for 60 minute massage). All subject to change and verification..

300rwhp.. when you got the massage at the Pac Rim.. were you able to choose any 60 minute treatment? $129 is the lowest priced 60 minute treatment plus tax and tip. I quickly took a look, and the top could increase another $30 approximately if Pac Rim allows premium treatments to be selected.

Approximate example of $200 treatment at the Pac Rim.. if a Premium Massage qualifies for redemption at Pac Rim i.e. Sports Massage or Therapeutic Massage at the Pac Rim
http://www.willowstream.com/NR/rdonl...list_Oct10.pdf
.. $159 plus tax and gratuity.. $197.00 est

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; May 11, 2011 at 2:21 pm
Old May 11, 2011, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I´m personally finding this discussion pretty pointless. There is one person at one single Fairmont hotel who received a better deal than indicated by FPC.

Drawing a conclusion about the value of the passion benefits based on a sample size of 1 won´t get you anywhere.

Seriously, thiis benefit has just been implemented and I´m sure many hotels haven´t given too much thought about it, so in situations like these I generally expect what has been confirmed by FPC and if I get something better - fantastic!
Old May 11, 2011, 2:22 pm
Moy

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I´m personally finding this discussion pretty pointless. There is one person at one single Fairmont hotel who received a better deal than indicated by FPC.

Drawing a conclusion about the value of the passion benefits based on a sample size of 1 won´t get you anywhere.
Actually there were 2 FTers who received the better deal, which IMHO does make a pattern. Unfortunately both FTers redeemed at the same hotel, so in fact it doesn't make a pattern at all. Would love for any other FTers who get their manicure/pedicure to report back here with what they were offered. Per the T&Cs, I wouldn't expect anything about a manicure/pedicure, but would be happily surprised as well if I got over and above. I agree this was just implimented, so the hotels might not know exactly what to offer. Might be a good strategy to burn these now before the hotels know better and change what they offer to exclude anything above and beyond.
Old May 11, 2011, 2:33 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jasper2009

Seriously, thiis benefit has just been implemented and I´m sure many hotels haven´t given too much thought about it, so in situations like these I generally expect what has been confirmed by FPC and if I get something better - fantastic!
Originally Posted by Moy
Actually there were 2 FTers who received the better deal, which IMHO does make a pattern. Unfortunately both FTers redeemed at the same hotel, so in fact it doesn't make a pattern at all. Would love for any other FTers who get their manicure/pedicure to report back here with what they were offered. Per the T&Cs, I wouldn't expect anything about a manicure/pedicure, but would be happily surprised as well if I got over and above. I agree this was just implimented, so the hotels might not know exactly what to offer. Might be a good strategy to burn these now before the hotels know better and change what they offer to exclude anything above and beyond.
I agree with both of you that this is all pretty new.. and maybe shouldn't be putting a range for review. So disregard the range, as its pointless and go and enjoy a manicure and pedicure.

But obviously, the value could range quite a bit.. and a few Plat members have scored big with a 60 minute massage for the Passions certificate which imo is a pretty sweet score.

The sample range remains to be seen.. I think human nature would call us to get the best if it is in fact available. I've known 300rwhp for awhile now, and he'll let us know if you can in fact get a sports massage/therepeutic massage on the cert.. and it retails around $197.. so far its a 60 minute treatment unspecified at Pac Rim.

Edit: Just remembered.. There was mention that on the T&C of the Passion certificate I heard somewhere that the Manicure/Pedicure cert may entitle the cert holder to a 60 minute massage.. its' a rumor, but I've looked it up and can't seem to find the T&C on the Passion cert suggesting this. If true, then the Passion cert is redeemable for any 60 minute treatment at any hotel.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; May 11, 2011 at 2:41 pm
Old May 11, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I can care less about the manicure, I just want my Adidas bag to arrive
Old May 12, 2011, 5:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gpapadop
My kid is waiting for his bear from the donation passion..... It's been almost two months!
Old May 12, 2011, 7:39 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by gpapadop
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.