Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

$199 for 1 Night Stay and Breakfast for Two - Fairmont Banff Springs (Up to 5 nites)

$199 for 1 Night Stay and Breakfast for Two - Fairmont Banff Springs (Up to 5 nites)

Old Dec 17, 2010, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,

Groupon deal: Available for 3 more days.

Depending on the NFAF availability, this could be a pretty good deal!

http://www.groupon.com/deals/the-fai...prings-calgary
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Groupon deal: Available for 3 more days.

Depending on the NFAF availability, this could be a pretty good deal!

http://www.groupon.com/deals/the-fai...prings-calgary
The NFAF rate is cheaper.. but I like having breakfast packages, so definitely this package is a consideration.. once the brekkie, taxes and gratuity is deducted, then the rate would be cheaper than the NFAF rate..

Escape to Willowstream is still the best deal though.. 2 massages retail is more expensive than the rate, so thus you get the breakfast for 2, self parking, room and gratuities free.^
Old Dec 18, 2010, 3:55 pm

Programs: AC SE
What is less well advertised is the $54 of fees and taxes included on top of the $199
Old Dec 19, 2010, 8:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 300rwhp
What is less well advertised is the $54 of fees and taxes included on top of the $199
Interesting.. did you have a breakdown of the taxes and fees? Last time I was at Banff I paid something like $54 of fees and taxes on a rate of $449 (Escape to Willowstream), with a $10 per night resort fee.

Even my rate of $179 in the islands came out to approximately $202.. Like to know their latest technique to extract. Notice though BSH did drop my $469 Escape to Willowstream rate to $449.^
Old Dec 20, 2010, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Interesting.. did you have a breakdown of the taxes and fees? Last time I was at Banff I paid something like $54 of fees and taxes on a rate of $449 (Escape to Willowstream), with a $10 per night resort fee.

Even my rate of $179 in the islands came out to approximately $202.. Like to know their latest technique to extract. Notice though BSH did drop my $469 Escape to Willowstream rate to $449.^
You just love that Willowstream package

It is the best deal on a Saturday or Sunday, but on weekdays, when you can get the locals massage rate of $119 a night, and the NFAF rate of 129-139, I still do it separately (Plus I can ALWAYS find discounts for Spafinder gift cards on ebay/internet, and spafinder is accepted at willowstream).
Old Dec 20, 2010, 9:19 am
Suspended

You just love that Willowstream package

It is the best deal on a Saturday or Sunday, but on weekdays, when you can get the locals massage rate of $119 a night, and the NFAF rate of 129-139, I still do it separately (Plus I can ALWAYS find discounts for Spafinder gift cards on ebay/internet, and spafinder is accepted at willowstream).
CFH.. I don't have insurance like you do, but combined on a weekday.. we've done this cost analysis a while back.

Escape to Willowstream.. $449 includes gratuities
Includes 2 massages, brekkie for 2, self parking, gratuities, room

Your weekday massages $119 per X 2 = $238 plus gratuity 15% = $270
Your weekday brekkie for 2 at BVG = $54 plus $8 grautuity = $62
Your Self Parking = $25
Your Room = $139
Total = $508

Escape to Willowstream still rocks!
Old Dec 20, 2010, 9:21 am
Original Poster

CFH.. I don't have insurance like you do, but combined on a weekday.. we've done this cost analysis a while back.

Your Self Parking = $25
Your Room = $139
Total = $508

AHA! You are correct And actually, gratuity is 18% at the spa.

However, not a big breakfast guy, and I park on the street for free. But you are correct, if we go all legit, and compare apples to apples, it is better.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 10:53 pm
Suspended

AHA! You are correct And actually, gratuity is 18% at the spa.

However, not a big breakfast guy, and I park on the street for free. But you are correct, if we go all legit, and compare apples to apples, it is better.
.. funny.. just being conservative with the 15% vs 18% gratuity. How do you find parking on the street at night?.. Parking is thrown in as part of the package you know?.. and I bet you dollars to donuts that you can get a receipt from the spa for the full massage price (I've seen it on my internal bills before), so that you can claim within the package against your insurance. I know a couple of the lady supervisors.. you can ask her ahead of time if you want. Just PM me.^
Old Dec 21, 2010, 9:43 am
Original Poster

.. funny.. just being conservative with the 15% vs 18% gratuity. How do you find parking on the street at night?.. Parking is thrown in as part of the package you know?.. and I bet you dollars to donuts that you can get a receipt from the spa for the full massage price (I've seen it on my internal bills before), so that you can claim within the package against your insurance. I know a couple of the lady supervisors.. you can ask her ahead of time if you want. Just PM me.^
I have never had an issue with finding parking along the street on the way up to the hotel. Often closer than the self parking lot!

And, I am limited to $100 per massage, so full massage price does not matter, but yes when I stayed on the Willow Stream Package they gave me receipts for the full amount.

But I already conceded, apples for apples, you win!
Old Dec 22, 2010, 6:18 am
Suspended

I have never had an issue with finding parking along the street on the way up to the hotel. Often closer than the self parking lot!

And, I am limited to $100 per massage, so full massage price does not matter, but yes when I stayed on the Willow Stream Package they gave me receipts for the full amount.

But I already conceded, apples for apples, you win!
I like your strategy about parking on the street.. I never realized that they didn't have time limit restrictions, especially with the parking near or at the hotel.

CFH.. good on you to get bills to submit to insurance for your massages even on Escape to Willowstream. At $449.. That makes your package price $249.. Less Brekkie, parking, that makes your room and your share of the massages about $149.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Your Self Parking = $25
Your Room = $139
Total = $508

AM, I am confused. As per BSH website:

Package Includes:

* One night room accommodation
* Gourmet breakfast daily
* Self parking
* Gratuities
* Your daily choice of one Willow Stream spa treatment per day, as outlined below
Banff spa packages start from $539 CAD per night, based on double occupancy. Rates vary by season.

How do you get 2 massages per day? And I rarely see that $449 a night rate.

Also, have you notices BSH NFAF rate has gone much higher. $179 a night is what I am seeing for most of the winter. Now I just have to choose which lucky lady to take
Old Dec 22, 2010, 9:00 am

AM, I am confused. As per BSH website:

Package Includes:

* One night room accommodation
* Gourmet breakfast daily
* Self parking
* Gratuities
* Your daily choice of one Willow Stream spa treatment per day, as outlined below
Banff spa packages start from $539 CAD per night, based on double occupancy. Rates vary by season.

How do you get 2 massages per day?
In the terms of the offer, it states, more or less, that "each guest" receives the spa treatment. Hence, two guests = two spa treatments.

Same with breakfast. It isn't breakfast for just one person, after all.

If you doubt, call the hotel. They have always confirmed that the package is, essentially, for two guests.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uncertaintraveler
In the terms of the offer, it states, more or less, that "each guest" receives the spa treatment. Hence, two guests = two spa treatments.

Same with breakfast. It isn't breakfast for just one person, after all.

If you doubt, call the hotel. They have always confirmed that the package is, essentially, for two guests.
Oh I don't doubt AM, he has stayed many nights on this package! Was just looking for clarification. BSH should add "per person" to it.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 9:11 am

BSH should add "per person" to it.
Agreed.

I called prior to booking one time to confirm that the package covered two people. I suspect that they get similar calls on a pretty regular basis.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 9:19 pm
Suspended

Hey all.. The language on the Package Escape to Willowstream is obscure.. It used to be clearer.. but for some reason they just leave you hanging wondering if its one treatment, or one treatment per person..

And the from $539 throws us seasoned FPCers off even more. For two years now, I've been finding prices below this threshold on a consistent basis. Always paid $469 per night, including two treatments, brekkie for two, parking for one vehicle, and one room.. except this past Thanksgiving long weekend, where I actually got the package for only $449 per night.

Double check.. I've done this package 11 nights at BSH this year.. no hitches.. only excellent experiences.^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.