Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont President's Club MASTER FAQ

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2015, 8:01 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Does booking on an ota count as a qualifying rate / stay and can you use upgrades on said booking?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 9:39 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
Does booking on an ota count as a qualifying rate / stay and can you use upgrades on said booking?
OTA rates generally no, nor Hotwire and friends.

As for upgrades its the property's discretion, but I would not beat them up if they refuse.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 9:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Is a Fairmont stay defined by the check-in or the check-out date? e.g., if I check in 30 December 2015 and check out 02 January 2016, does that count towards 2015 or 2016? (I assume each night credits to its own year, but I usually qualify by stays.)

Also, does Fairmont still match rates if you call to book?
Old Jun 18, 2015, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Is a Fairmont stay defined by the check-in or the check-out date? e.g., if I check in 30 December 2015 and check out 02 January 2016, does that count towards 2015 or 2016? (I assume each night credits to its own year, but I usually qualify by stays.)
At least in my case the stay was credited based on the check-out date and the nights were not split up between the two years. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't handled consistently wither at the hotel level or by the PFC IT platforum.

I'm not aware of any changes, so I'd assume yes.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
At least in my case the stay was credited based on the check-out date and the nights were not split up between the two years.
According to FPC, this is the official policy. Unfortunately, that's going to make it more difficult to requalify this year.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 8:49 pm

I'm not aware of any changes, so I'd assume yes.
So apparently the official policy is that they will not match prices unless the competing website uses the exact same wording for the room description that they have on fairmont.com. That has to be the most brain-dead policy I've ever heard.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 5:34 pm

I have booked and pre-paid for a Fairmont hotel under my name. My wife and I will be staying together at this hotel and we are both Premier members. Is it possible for her to use her Suite upgrade certificate for this hotel even though I have prepaid for it?
Old Jul 12, 2015, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bjywong
I have booked and pre-paid for a Fairmont hotel under my name. My wife and I will be staying together at this hotel and we are both Premier members. Is it possible for her to use her Suite upgrade certificate for this hotel even though I have prepaid for it?
You're probably not entitled to it if one were to use a very strict interpretation of the T&C (so be friendly), but you can certainly try adding her name to the reservation and using her certs (assuming she's actually staying in the room). IME Fairmont hotels are quite reasonable and will honor your request as long as it's reasonable.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 9:30 pm

This has probably been asked and answered already, but if I will be at a Fairmont property for 9 nights and want to use an upgrade (suite or room), how does that work if it only lasts for 5 nights? Can I use it for the first/last 5 nights and stay in a regular room the other 4 nights? Do I need to make 2 reservations? Can I use 2 certs to cover the entire stay? Can I add a free night cert and/or 3rd night free?
Old Aug 23, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nock
This has probably been asked and answered already, but if I will be at a Fairmont property for 9 nights and want to use an upgrade (suite or room), how does that work if it only lasts for 5 nights? Can I use it for the first/last 5 nights and stay in a regular room the other 4 nights? Do I need to make 2 reservations? Can I use 2 certs to cover the entire stay? Can I add a free night cert and/or 3rd night free?
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Yes, you can use two upgrade certs to upgrade your room for the entire stay. If you only have one upgrade cert, making two separate reservations (5 nights + 4 nights or vv) would probably be the easiest option.

And yes, you can use both your free night certs and 3rd night free cert, however you can't use a free night cert to pay for the 1st or 2nd nights of a three night stay for which you already used a 3rd night free cert.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 9:40 pm

Welcome to Flyertalk!

Yes, you can use two upgrade certs to upgrade your room for the entire stay. If you only have one upgrade cert, making two separate reservations (5 nights + 4 nights or vv) would probably be the easiest option.

And yes, you can use both your free night certs and 3rd night free cert, however you can't use a free night cert to pay for the 1st or 2nd nights of a three night stay for which you already used a 3rd night free cert.
Thanks for the quick response!
Old Aug 30, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Welcome to Flyertalk!

I'm wondering about this - the terms and conditions state that only one certificate may be used per stay, a stay being defined as consecutive nights regardless of the number of checkins/outs.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos
I'm wondering about this - the terms and conditions state that only one certificate may be used per stay, a stay being defined as consecutive nights regardless of the number of checkins/outs.
You're right, one could read the T&C this way.

However, based on my understanding and experience:

1) the "only one certificate per stay" clause is poorly worded. You can't use a free night cert to pay for the 1st or 2nd night when using a 3rd night free cert and you can't combine upgrade certs (e.g. stack a room and suite upgrade cert), but one can certainly use multiple free night certs during the same stay, or two upgrade certs on a 10 night stay, for instance.

2) the "stay being defined as consecutive nights regardless of the number of checkins/outs" clause is intended to prevent guests from claiming multiple stay credits and is a "standard clause" in loyalty programs.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:52 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
So... Trying to use a FPC Plat Free night at the Palm Dubai. My date doesn't have Fairmont Room available, only Fairmont View Room... I called thinking this is the standard room but according to the res agents it isn't (according to the Palm website, that's correct).
However, in the T&Cs the following is written:
Each Certificate entitles the Holder to one complimentary single/double occupancy Fairmont Standard Guest Room (two adults, excludes Deluxe, Signature,Junior Suites, Suites, Fairmont Gold room, Fairmont Gold Junior Suites, Fairmont Gold Suites) at any Fairmont hotel or resort worldwide.
View rooms are not excluded which in my very analytical mind means that I should be able to use the free night.
This is all moot point regardless because I want to use a Suite Cert as well and that room is available, so I wish I got a res agent who was a bit more logical and would simply book it.
Any first-hand experience on this board?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jlisi984
So... Trying to use a FPC Plat Free night at the Palm Dubai. My date doesn't have Fairmont Room available, only Fairmont View Room... I called thinking this is the standard room but according to the res agents it isn't (according to the Palm website, that's correct).
However, in the T&Cs the following is written:

View rooms are not excluded which in my very analytical mind means that I should be able to use the free night.
This is all moot point regardless because I want to use a Suite Cert as well and that room is available, so I wish I got a res agent who was a bit more logical and would simply book it.
Any first-hand experience on this board?
You're technically ocrrect that Fairmont View rooms aren't specifically excluded, however free nights unfortunately can only be applied towards the Fairmont room category.

Since you're planning to apply an upgrade cert, you could try contacting the hotel directly (instead of FPC) and see whether they're willing to apply both certs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.