Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Master Thread Fairmont promos & special rates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master Thread Fairmont promos & special rates

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2011, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by dts9
Below is Amex offering for Savoy Fairmont. How does the Amex program work? Do you pay Amex duirectly or they just book reservation, and you then call Fairmont to request additional nights or upgrades with Platinum benefits. The breakfast benefit is a great benefit and most fairmonts (ie Maui/Bermuda) overprice the breakfast buffet.

Has anyone ever used a Friends and Family Rate, but then added the Amex benefits?

Can you book a reservation and then call Amex to simply register it?

American Express Platinum Card Member Benefits: Savoy, London, United Kingdom

Guaranteed room upgrade at time of booking - subject to availability
Continental breakfast for two
Guaranteed 12 noon check-in
Guaranteed 4pm check-out
The way things work is that you call AMEX to make a reservation, they can only book one particular rate which is about the same as the best available rate (or sometimes slightly cheaper) which includes all the listed benefits, same is true for Virtuoso. You canīt add the AMEX benefits to any other rate. With regards to upgrade/free night certs: First make the booking and then call FPC Plat desk to have the certs applied, as the rate is refundable youīre usually charged directly by the hotel during check-out.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, National Exec
Thumbs up

I haven't seen this Amex offer mentioned, so I thought I would share. I hope it helps someone. I am using it to "Stay 2 nights and get a complimentary 3rd night" at the Fairmont Pacific Rim in Vancouver for a Gold room. There are a bunch of Fairmonts listed.

http://www.amexnewhotels.com/
American Express New Hotels Program

Complimentary nights at new hotels

Offer Valid 11/23/2010 - 12/31/2011

Extend your vacation with complimentary nights when you pay with any American ExpressŪ Card. Enjoy brand new experiences at new and flagship hotels.

From stylish city hotels such as the Millennium Biltmore Hotel in L.A. to fabulous resorts like Anantara Lawana Resort and Spa in Koh Samui, Thailand, you’ll be spoilt for choice.

For a list of participating hotels and to make a booking visit amexnetwork.com/newhotels

Terms and Conditions

To receive this offer, purchase must be charged in full to any American ExpressŪ Card.
Offers are valid only when payment is made with any American Express Card. Offers are based on property’s Best Available Rates. Offer validity for hotel stays varies with each participating hotel. Reservations must be made in advance and guaranteed with any American Express Card. Offers are valid only by quoting the relevant promotional code where applicable. Stays are subject to applicable goods, tax and service charges for paid nights only. Offer is subject to availability and blackout dates may apply. Blackout dates vary by property. Please check with property for details. Standard hotel cancellation and offer terms and conditions apply for each participating hotel. Please contact participating hotels for information. Offer cannot be exchanged for cash or used with any other promotions, special offers or privileges. The promoter of the offers are the individual participating properties.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 8:28 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
Might be a stupid question but I'm guessing that using the Friends & Family rate precludes one from taking advantage of this Amex offer, no?

IOW, Best Available Rate does not include F&F?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Shenanigans
Might be a stupid question but I'm guessing that using the Friends & Family rate precludes one from taking advantage of this Amex offer, no?

IOW, Best Available Rate does not include F&F?
Correct, you need to book the BAR rate.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 5:46 pm

Programs: Via Preference Privilege, AC*A, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold
http://www.groupon.com/deals/fairmon...ipeg?c=dnb&p=1

Groupon for the Banff Springs, rate of $229 plus $50 resort credit or lift pass. Decentish deal....
Old Mar 9, 2011, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by will5404
Groupon for the Banff Springs, rate of $229 plus $50 resort credit or lift pass. Decentish deal....
Not decent enough I suppose since not a single person bought it!
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:44 am

Programs: Now AC Peon, *A nobody, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by will5404
http://www.groupon.com/deals/fairmon...ipeg?c=dnb&p=1

That is extremely weak. No wonder nobody bought it, I'm glad no one got sucked in!

http://www.fairmont.com/banffsprings..._purpose=basic...

How about $249 with $100 resort credit. A package right on their website.

Their ski-the big 3 package, which was available on their website until very recently, was like the groupon deal except you got TWO lift passes for the same cost.

I suppose if the groupon night was redeemable for any night regardless of prevailing rate/occupancy it could have some benefit. But I still say posting a "value" of $498 is pretty lame.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 6:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by anti_ice
That is extremely weak. No wonder nobody bought it, I'm glad no one got sucked in!
Yes considering it only runs through mid-May also. I am a little surprised however nobody has touched it as there almost always one sucker in every crowd, Groupon or otherwise.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052
Yes considering it only runs through mid-May also. I am a little surprised however nobody has touched it as there almost always one sucker in every crowd, Groupon or otherwise.
1 purchased now lol, and no wasn't me :P

The difference between the $249 rate with $100 resort credit and the GroupOn offer is probably the margin GroupOn collects on every sale.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 9:35 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
So, we have LS 117 (or whatever the final number was) vs Groupon 1.

Last time I checked Groupon turned down a multibillion dollar from Google. Maybe Google targeted the wrong company
Old Mar 12, 2011, 9:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Visa Infinite Deal for Fairmont Hotels

Since many Canadians carry a CIBC Visa.. I thought I would post the deal link.. Free upgrade, early check-in/late check-out.

http://www.visainfinitecard.com/en/t...perCategory=13

Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection (Fairmonts and non Fairmont Hotels.. check periodically)

Exclusive Benefits for
Visa Infinite Cardholders:SHOW HIDE
•The best available rate
•Automatic room upgrade upon arrival, when available
•Complimentary continental breakfast
•3PM check-out, when available
•VIP Guest status
•$25 food or beverage voucher
•Free in-room Internet or Valet parking

http://www.visainfinitehotels.com/
Old Mar 12, 2011, 10:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Below is the Terms and Conditions for Visa Infinite Best Rate Guarantee.. Would this include a pre-paid rate seen on a third party website. If so, the benefits included is worth paying a bit extra for.

http://www.visainfinitehotels.com/about/benefits

Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection Exclusive Benefits: Terms & Conditions Best Rate Guarantee
To ensure that you are getting the best rate, the Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection endeavors to guarantee that the room rates on its web site are the best rates publicly available on the Internet. Best Available Rate, which is a specific rate type, varies depending on time of purchase, is unrestricted, non-qualified and excludes discount or negotiated rates not available to the general public, including, but not limited to: membership, corporate, government, promotional, group, packages, unpublished or rates only available on auction websites. If you find a qualifying publicly available room rate on another web site (within 48 hours of making a booking via the Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection website) that is lower than the rate you received via your booking with the Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection, then the Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection will endeavor to guarantee the lower rate from the hotel, plus request a Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection VIP treatment such as an upgrade and/or amenity during your stay. Terms and conditions apply.

To make a claim, all you need to do is to complete our Best Rate Guarantee online claim form, found by viewing your reservation through your Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection account. Our Guest Relations service will process your claim and contact you regarding your claim.

Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection endeavors to guarantee the best room rate available on www.visainfinitehotels.com for any of our featured hotels, subject to the following terms and conditions:

•The guest must have a confirmed reservation that is booked online on www.visainfinitehotels.com & quote the confirmation number when making a claim.
•Any claim must be made within 48 hours of the confirmed reservation booked online on www.visainfinitehotels.com.
•Any claim must include the appropriate documentation regarding the competing rate such as the source of the competing rate, the confirmation number of the competing rate etc. (see claim form for details)
•Both the original Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection online booking room-rate and the competing rate must be room only without inclusions such as meals, transportation and other services.
•The competing rate must be available for a booking with the exact-match booking requirements as the original Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection online booking, i.e. same hotel, same number of guests, same room type, same amenities, same arrival and departure dates.
This Guarantee does not apply to:

•Opaque or auction sites where the hotel brand and/or the specific hotel is not known until the booking is finalized. Examples of these types of sites include but are not limited to, Luxury Link, Priceline and Hotwire.
•Special and unique rates on the hotels own website or competing sites. Example: Internet Only rates, Advance Rate Bookings, etc
•Web sites that "package" travel, entertainment, hotel and/or food components such as airfare and hotel stay, hotel stay and car rental, hotel stay and restaurant voucher and so forth.
•Packaged rates that include taxes, service charges, meals, coupons, parking, services and/or other amenities.
•Qualified discount rates including, but not limited to, Government, Travel Industry Discounts, Long Stay and so forth.
•Unpublished, negotiated rates with corporations, travel agencies, groups, associations or other rates that are specifically agreed upon by Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection, or rates not available to the general public, including without limitation rates requiring memberships in a club, affinity program, or other organization where the rates are specifically made available to a specific group of individual.
•The Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection Best Rate Guarantee cannot be combined with other offers or promotions and is void where prohibited by law.
•This Guarantee applies only to the room rate for the duration of the reservation and does not apply to taxes, gratuities, guest incidental charges, food and beverage charges, resort fees, and any other fees or charges that may be incurred during the guest's stay.
•Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the competing rate is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection's decision is final.
ROOM UPGRADE
Upon availability at check-in, you will be upgraded to the next highest room class for the duration of your stay.

$25 FOOD/BEVERAGE VOUCHER
During your hotel stay you will receive one $25 voucher good for food/beverage within the hotel. In the case where the hotel does not offer any food or beverage service, you will be provided another benefit of equal value. Any charges over and above the credit described above will be applied directly to your account to settle upon departure.

CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST
For the length of your stay, you and one guest will receive complimentary continental breakfast. If the hotel does not offer continental breakfast, they will offer another dining or other benefit of equal value.

VIP GUEST STATUS
As a guest through the Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection, you will be recognized within the hotel as a VIP Guest. VIP Guest services and amenities differ by property.

INTERNET ACCESS / VALET PARKING
Upon check-in you will be able to choose between complimentary in-room internet access or valet parking (up to a maximum of $50 per day of your stay). If a hotel provides all guests with free internet access, then you will receive complimentary valet parking. If a hotel only offers only one of these two benefits, by default you will receive the available benefit. In the case where a hotel offers neither of these benefits, they will provide a service or benefit to you of comparable value.

LATE CHECKOUT
Late checkout is available upon request, upon availability by the hotel. At the time of check-in, or during the course of your stay, you may contact the front desk and request late checkout up to 3 p.m.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 2:15 pm

Royal York $129

http://www.fairmont.com/ryh/travelzoo

Fairmont Gold +$100
Old Mar 17, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: AA Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Diamond
Amex Daily Wish today is Fairmont Hotels. The "Hot Deal" is a $200 credit when you book any stay (min 2 nights). Checked a few hotels, some rates are BAR some are higher. Might be a good deal for somebody but didn't work for me.

http://www.fairmont.com/promotions/axphot
Old Mar 17, 2011, 3:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by bobofoosh
Amex Daily Wish today is Fairmont Hotels. The "Hot Deal" is a $200 credit when you book any stay (min 2 nights). Checked a few hotels, some rates are BAR some are higher. Might be a good deal for somebody but didn't work for me.

http://www.fairmont.com/promotions/axphot
What a crap deal. The $200 credit can only be used for Spa, F+B, or ACtivities, not even against your room. AND a minimum 2 night stay.

I checked Banff Springs - Friends and Family Rate - $149 Amex Rate $339 per night.

HMM, should I book the one that costs $300, or the one that costs $680 with a $200 F+B credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.