Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Master Thread Fairmont promos & special rates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Summer Offer for 2014 is Available

It's about 2 weeks later than last year, but the annual summer offer with double miles and up to 25% off or free night is now available.

http://www.fairmont.com/promo/moment...nar/index.html

I didn't see anything advertised, but I'd been checking the website every couple of days, using the same link as last year's promo. Each day, I was getting redirected to the winter offer page. This evening, I got rates for this summer.

When I phoned in to improve my rate on an existing booking, the agent was a bit confused and didn't appear to know about the promo, but after a few minutes on hold, they were able to book the rate.

I'm using a suite upgrade and my free night cert at Banff over the labour day weekend. Got a one-bedroom king suite for an average of $279/night over the 4 nights. I previously had the Amex rate with 25% off, but this promo works out a bit better.

For the following 4 nights at Lake Louise, I'm sticking with the CAA rate which seems to be the best value. CAA at CLL is 30% and the summer offer is only 4th night free. At Banff, CAA is 25% but summer offer is 3rd night free.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 11:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
At Banff, do treat yourself to an Escape to Willowstream package for one of the nights you have in the suite. Check the different dates of your reservation as the packages may fluctuate depending on the night(s) selected. Sometimes BSH has $50 dining credits included in AAA rates. I find checking the packages and backing out retail prices will help net the best rate based on your needs. I also highly recommend the Gold Floor, although the upgrade certificates do not officially apply.

That sounds like a good deal for CLL. For Alberta Residents, there is a special rate for both hotels but proof of residency is required.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:22 am

OFFER DETAILS
Comp night and $25 hotel credit at participating Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Book by 12/31/14 using promo code PMXX at fairmont.com/americas/axp-usa. Requires a min. 3,4,5,or 6 consecutive night stay depending on property.PRINT THIS OFFER
TERMS
Offer valid at participating Fairmont Hotels and Resorts for bookings from 2/17/14 to 12/31/14 and stays through 3/31/15. Offer subject to availability. For participating locations and full offer details by property, see fairmont.com/americas/axp-usa. Card Member will receive (1) $25 Hotel Credit in currency of host hotel for use towards items that are charged directly to room account. Credit has no cash value and cannot be applied toward daily room rate or for Third-party Activities billed to the suite. Credit will be applied to applicable charges at check out. No refunds will be issued if dollar value of credit is not used. Credit will expire at check-out time on scheduled departure date. Any charges applied to room that exceed total credit must be paid in full at check-out. Rates are in currency of host hotel, per room, per night, based on double occupancy. Rates do not include taxes, fees or resort charges. Advance reservation is required. Offer valid for new bookings only, is not applicable to group bookings and cannot be combined with other offers. Cancellation policy varies by property. Blackout dates apply and vary by property; see fairmont.com/promotions/limited for details. Promo code PMXX required at booking in order to receive offer. Offer valid when you pay with any American Express Credit or Charge Card. Fulfillment of the offer is the sole responsibility of the participating American Express merchant. POID: AYZN:0001
Old Apr 9, 2014, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Centurion
PMXX
Thanks OP!

This just saved me $450 (one free night) on an upcoming Chicago Millennium Park reservation.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:32 am

Thanks for the acknowledgement. Frugal travel guy gave it someone else after my post
Old Jun 3, 2014, 1:32 am

Can you combine the free night Amex promotion with the free night certificates from the Fairmont Visa? Could I, for example, book 4 nights at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, get the first two free with certificates from the credit card, pay for the third, and then get the 4th free via the Amex promo?

All I see in the fine print is the standard "not valid with other offers" line. Do the Visa certificates count as other offers?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by poemadept
Can you combine the free night Amex promotion with the free night certificates from the Fairmont Visa? Could I, for example, book 4 nights at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, get the first two free with certificates from the credit card, pay for the third, and then get the 4th free via the Amex promo?

All I see in the fine print is the standard "not valid with other offers" line. Do the Visa certificates count as other offers?
It's a bit of a controversial topic, but generally speaking the answer is no. Most hotels interpret the T&C to say that booking a "pay x stay y" rate doesn't allow for the use of free night certs. You could of course book a 6 night stay, use your free night certs for nights 5 and 6 and effectively pay for 3 out of 6 nights.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
It's a bit of a controversial topic, but generally speaking the answer is no. Most hotels interpret the T&C to say that booking a "pay x stay y" rate doesn't allow for the use of free night certs. You could of course book a 6 night stay, use your free night certs for nights 5 and 6 and effectively pay for 3 out of 6 nights.
Thanks! Is there a thread where I can dig deeper into this controversy? I looked around and couldn't find it.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by poemadept
Thanks! Is there a thread where I can dig deeper into this controversy? I looked around and couldn't find it.
I don't think this topic has been discussed much here on FT. To clarify: Front desk staff / res agents / hotel managers interpret the T&C very differently when it comes to redeeming free night certs. Not too long ago it was quite possible to combine free night certs with promos, but lately hotels have been interpreting the T&C in the most restrictive way and find any "loophole" to deny the use of free night certs, so it's a bit of a moot discussion.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 8:36 am

Besides the Fairmont free nights certificates which cannot be combined with hotel room promo's can the other certificates be used with promo's (ex pmxx)? Can the other certificates be used with combination of the other certificates (ex free night one)? Thanks.

$25 Dining/Willow Stream Certificate
3rd Night Free
Complimentary Room Upgrade
Complimentary Suiteho Upgrade

Fairmont Visa $25 Breakfast Certificate
Fairmont Visa Complimentary Night
Old Jun 4, 2014, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by phiota
Besides the Fairmont free nights certificates which cannot be combined with hotel room promo's can the other certificates be used with promo's (ex pmxx)? Can the other certificates be used with combination of the other certificates (ex free night one)? Thanks.

$25 Dining/Willow Stream Certificate
3rd Night Free
Complimentary Room Upgrade
Complimentary Suiteho Upgrade

Fairmont Visa $25 Breakfast Certificate
Fairmont Visa Complimentary Night
The ability to use your dining certs isn't impacted by the rate you book.

Room and suite upgrade certs can be used with any rate except for the monthly GRGD promo rate.

3rd night free certs have the same restrictions as the free night certs.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 7:45 pm

I was just looking to make another booking for this summer, and happened to notice that the Summer Offer discounts have changed since they came out in April. I printed out the pages at the time I made some earlier bookings, and I note the following changes:

Banff - Was 3rd night free, is now 4th night free
Whistler - Was 25% off, is now 20% off
Jasper - Was 4th night free, is now 3rd night free
Frontenac - Was 3rd night free, is now 15% off
Montebello - Was 25% off, is now 20% off

Sonoma - Was 4th night free, is now 15% off
Heritage Place - Was 20% off, is now 15% off
Santa Monica - Was 20% off, is now 15% off

Is it normal for the promotion discounts to change mid-promotion?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
Discounted rates for October?

Am planning to stay in Washington DC in October and wondered whether a promotion similar to the current summer offer was likely to appear for autumn/winter? Thanks for any advice, DocS
Old Aug 10, 2014, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by DocS
Am planning to stay in Washington DC in October and wondered whether a promotion similar to the current summer offer was likely to appear for autumn/winter? Thanks for any advice, DocS
Yes, they seem to have a winter and a summer offer every year. In 2012, I received an e-mail announcing the annual winter offer on Sep 25, for stays up to April 30/13. In 2013, it looks like the winter offer was valid Oct 7 through April 30.

Of course, the offers do change from year to year, but I've been saving copies of the offer rates for future reference. Last winter, the offer at Washington DC was 20% off (or 25% for FPC members), and the usual double miles. See below...

I wouldn't count on Washington coming up in the Great Rates Great Dates for October. I have a spreadsheet tracking the GRGD offers by property, and historically, Washington comes up in the summer and winter, but not in October (perhaps a busy time for business travellers there).

The best offer, if you have an American Express card, may be the Amex rates. At that property, the deal is pay for 2 nights and get the 3rd free--33% off if you were planning to stay 3 nights. Also doesn't require any deposit and is fully cancellable.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:06 am

Question

I tried to book with the summer promo (20% off till Sept 30th 2014) code for Quebec City Le Chateau Frontenac but to no avail. Is there any other promo for this particular location?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.