Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada

The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada

Old Aug 10, 2012, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by kristin0824
Visiting CLL for 2 nights (Thurs&Fri) in a couple weeks and we were confirmed in a Lakeview King using free nights and room upgrade. Emailed them this morning and asked if we could change our current reservation and use our suite upgrade cert to get a Lakeview Jr. Suite. Got an email a couple of hours later telling me they are putting us in a 1 BR Lakeview Suite! Any reason I shouldn't be thrilled about this 'upgrade'?
Congrats on the upgrade! Nope, no downside Im aware of...The junior suites basically are large room s (about 400sq.ft.) while the one-bedroom suites (about 700sq.ft.) are true suites with separate bedroom and living room.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 8:19 pm

Congrats!

Originally Posted by kristin0824
Visiting CLL for 2 nights (Thurs&Fri) in a couple weeks and we were confirmed in a Lakeview King using free nights and room upgrade. Emailed them this morning and asked if we could change our current reservation and use our suite upgrade cert to get a Lakeview Jr. Suite. Got an email a couple of hours later telling me they are putting us in a 1 BR Lakeview Suite! Any reason I shouldn't be thrilled about this 'upgrade'?
We spent our anniversary in a lakeview suite. It is
elegant and the views are stunning. Enjoy your trip.
You'll never want another room at this property!!!
Old Oct 21, 2012, 4:58 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
I'm thinking of staying at Lake Louise in the last part of December because it doesn't have blackout dates for the free night awards from the CC Signups.

I'd be with two kids ages 8 & 9 who are beginner ski'er but can get down the beginner ones. I was thinking 2 days of skiing and 2 days of other activities.

But I'm wondering what else there might be to do there in December other than skiing? Does anyone have some propose activities or do you think I'd be better off not staying there and use my free nights for something different during the spring or early summer next year?

Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 2012, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
I'm thinking of staying at Lake Louise in the last part of December because it doesn't have blackout dates for the free night awards from the CC Signups.

I'd be with two kids ages 8 & 9 who are beginner ski'er but can get down the beginner ones. I was thinking 2 days of skiing and 2 days of other activities.

But I'm wondering what else there might be to do there in December other than skiing? Does anyone have some propose activities or do you think I'd be better off not staying there and use my free nights for something different during the spring or early summer next year?

Thanks!
One other activity the kids may enjoy is dogsledding, but cant think of much else. Have you considered splitting your nights between Lake Louise and Banff?
Old Oct 21, 2012, 8:04 pm

I didn't until you suggested it now

But I'll take a look. thanks.

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
One other activity the kids may enjoy is dogsledding, but cant think of much else. Have you considered splitting your nights between Lake Louise and Banff?
Old Oct 21, 2012, 9:24 pm

Looks like Banff has a limited availability blackout for awards at the end of December too so this won't work out well either.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
But I'm wondering what else there might be to do there in December other than skiing? Does anyone have some propose activities . . . .
Snowshoeing.

Ice skating.

Snowball fights.

Day at the spa.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 6:15 pm

Programs: Free Agent
How is the quality of the in-room wifi? Any Ethernet connections?
Thanks.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 6:47 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Jim055
Thanks.
No problems. When I was there last month, I did a lot of heavy uploading of photos and videos from some local hiking, and the connection was excellent. Worked well both in the room and in the public areas by the Brasserie.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 7:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jim055
Thanks.
Iirc choice of wifi and manual. Works great and really hav no problems with it.

This was on the gold floor near the end of February.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 10:27 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
From a stay two weeks ago, wifi worked great.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 5:41 pm

Well it looks like Louise has added a new room type bw fairmont and lakeview categories. I found it one of the best uses of room upgrades at this hotel to go from fairmont to lakeview but not anymore, now there is the Mountainside category in between.

The suite upgrade only guarantees a mountainview junior suite which is nicely appointed and quite luxurious but far from what I consider a real suite. This hasn't changed.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kokinos
Well it looks like Louise has added a new room type bw fairmont and lakeview categories. I found it one of the best uses of room upgrades at this hotel to go from fairmont to lakeview but not anymore, now there is the Mountainside category in between.

The suite upgrade only guarantees a mountainview junior suite which is nicely appointed and quite luxurious but far from what I consider a real suite. This hasn't changed.
Actually the Mountain View room category was added about 1-2 years ago, and yes, its a nuisance since the room upgrade certs have become less useful there.

IMO the (non-Gold) junior suites are nothing to write home about. More like a Signature room, nice enough, but as you say from a real suite. The fact that you cant upgrade from a Fairmont room to a Junior Lakeview Suite (not even a real suite) using a suite upgrade cert is pretty unimpressive IMO.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Actually the Mountain View room category was added about 1-2 years ago, and yes, its a nuisance since the room upgrade certs have become less useful there.

IMO the (non-Gold) junior suites are nothing to write home about. More like a Signature room, nice enough, but as you say from a real suite. The fact that you cant upgrade from a Fairmont room to a Junior Lakeview Suite (not even a real suite) using a suite upgrade cert is pretty unimpressive IMO.
It used to be with a suite upgrade, you can upgrade to a junior suite mountain view, one bedroom suite mountain view and junior suite lake view. When has this policy changed?

At least, this hotel accepts suite upgrades on the gold floor.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
The fact that you can't upgrade from a Fairmont room to a Junior Lakeview Suite (not even a real suite) using a suite upgrade cert is pretty unimpressive IMO.
I'm not sure what the current policy is, but we upgraded to some sort of Lakeview Suite (don't know if it was a Junior or a Senior) in October 2012.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.