The Fairmont San Francisco

Old Dec 14, 2013, 11:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pickles1107
Just made a reservation here in early March using my left over certs from this year. I am on a rate of 195/night and using 3rd night free and suite upgrade.
Is it possible at this hotel to also use the room upgrade cert in combination with the above two in order to get a better suite? Based on previous responses, it seems not. But I have done this in the past at the Orchid.

In any event, 130/night for a suite is hard to beat.
Did they extend the expiry date on the certificates for you? Or did the hotel make an exception to redeem expired certificates? Unless extended, the certificates will expire February 28th, 2014. FPC could have booked you on the certificates you are expected to receive, but that would mean you would have to use your existing certificates by the deadline.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Extremely unlikely. The Orchid and the Kea Lani are the only two properties Im aware of that apparently will accept a suite upgrade cert and a room upgrade cert during the same stay, however it doesn´t seem to be a published benefit. Instead it seems to depend on who you talk to, your status and room availability.

Some hotels will offer upgrades to better suites when booking a higher room category or will offer an better suite upgrade in return for a co-pay, but again it depends on the guest, room/suite availability/the person you´re talking to.

What suite did you get at the Fairmont SFO? I assume a Main Building Suite?
Confirmed into a Main Building Suite.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Did they extend the expiry date on the certificates for you? Or did the hotel make an exception to redeem expired certificates? Unless extended, the certificates will expire February 28th, 2014. FPC could have booked you on the certificates you are expected to receive, but that would mean you would have to use your existing certificates by the deadline.
I was premier member due to credit card. When I cancelled the card, I was demoted to standard member, however I still had the certs left over. FPC was nice enough to extend the certs by one week for use with the stay I had in March.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Confirmed into a Main Building Suite.
That seems to be the standard category nowadays. Last time I was there the front desk agent offered an upgrade to a Main Building Balcony Suite for $50/night which isn´t a terrible deal I suppose.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
That seems to be the standard category nowadays. Last time I was there the front desk agent offered an upgrade to a Main Building Balcony Suite for $50/night which isn´t a terrible deal I suppose.
No dice on the upgrade to a balcony suite ahead of time. The agent said there were only 6 balcony suite rooms and this would be unlikely for a 3 night stay. However, I also noted on the website that all of the rooms are undergoing renovations.

http://www.fairmont.com/san-francisc...-room-refresh/

I asked the agent and she said the Main Building is about half completed at this point, but should be finished by my stay on March 1st. It sounded like the tower rooms would undergo refreshment after the main building.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 7:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
No dice on the upgrade to a balcony suite ahead of time. The agent said there were only 6 balcony suite rooms and this would be unlikely for a 3 night stay. However, I also noted on the website that all of the rooms are undergoing renovations.

I asked the agent and she said the Main Building is about half completed at this point, but should be finished by my stay on March 1st. It sounded like the tower rooms would undergo refreshment after the main building.
You can always note a request on your reservation for check-in upgrade consideration. We stayed in a Tower Suite and had a fantastic view of San Francisco Bay and Alcatraz.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 10:56 pm
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC

Confirmed into the main building suite as well (for the same dates, I might add... :O)

Does anyone have information regarding the BMW partnership/courtesy car at this location?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 4:13 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mattking2000
Confirmed into the main building suite as well (for the same dates, I might add... :O)

Does anyone have information regarding the BMW partnership/courtesy car at this location?
In 2011 they did not have BMW and only has quatroportes (with an associated cost)
Old Mar 5, 2014, 1:04 pm

Just returned from a quick stay on Monday. We reduced our stay from 3 nights to 1 night and had applied a Suite upgrade cert. I had called and requested a Balcony suite, which they noted in my account. At checkin, we were given room 620, the Singapore Suite, the very best Balcony suite in the hotel (according to the agent). We were told that "light construction" would be occurring on the floor above us from 9-5 the following day, but it shouldn't be disruptive.

Upon entering, it still had the "new room smell". Beautifully furnished, the bellman noted that this room only re-entered inventory 2 weeks ago. Room was large, with separate living room with large TV, and bedroom. Balcony was rather large with table w/ 4 chairs, and two sitting chairs looking down the hill towards downtown and the bay. The bathroom was really small (to be expected for 100+ year old room) and did not appear to be touched during remodel.
Got takeout at Nob Hill Cafe to bring back to the room.
Hammering started at 8 AM the next morning, but only lasted 20 mins or so and we didn't hear it again. We requested late checkout - they could only grant 12:30 - so we checked out at 10:30 and left our bags.
From balcony, it appears the renovations are in progress on the bottom 6 floors of the Tower building.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 2:58 pm

I just posted in the Fairmont Chase Signature thread that I am planning a stay here in early July (not during the blackout) and would like to redeem the two comp night certs, suite upgrade cert, and the breakfast certs. Might use the dining certs for an evening meal.

Any suggestions on whether to reserve via main number, the hotel desk, or the hotel concierge? Any suggestions on requesting a specific suite, or floor, or side of the building? While this will coincide with our 7th anniversary, we might be bringing our baby, who will be 1 year old by then. Anyone know of babysitting options?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aw82
I just posted in the Fairmont Chase Signature thread that I am planning a stay here in early July (not during the blackout) and would like to redeem the two comp night certs, suite upgrade cert, and the breakfast certs. Might use the dining certs for an evening meal.

Any suggestions on whether to reserve via main number, the hotel desk, or the hotel concierge? Any suggestions on requesting a specific suite, or floor, or side of the building? While this will coincide with our 7th anniversary, we might be bringing our baby, who will be 1 year old by then. Anyone know of babysitting options?
Doesn´t really matter who you call since the Fairmont SFO only allows upgrades to a Main Building Suite nowadays (which are very nice and spacious one-bedroom suites; the living room is large enough to host a small party).

I´d probably just call the FPC line to apply the free night and suite upgrade certs, the various dining certs can just be redeemed at the hotel.
Old May 2, 2014, 10:04 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
I think when your check in time also plays a big role as to what room you will be upgraded too. You can imagine our surprise when handed the keys to the Fairmont Suite while using a free night and upgrade certificates. We checked in around 7PM that evening and it was only for one night. Probably couldn't of pulled it off if we had two nights or more booked.

The Fairmont Suite
The Fairmont Suite at The Fairmont San Francisco hotel is located on the 23rd floor of the Tower and offers guests the grandest wrap-around views of the City and the Bay. This one-of-a-kind San Francisco suite features a contemporary design, including a spacious bedroom, a wet bar, a full stereo system, a plasma flat-screen television and two and one-half bathrooms. The master bath has a whirlpool tub with remote control television. The Fairmont Suite accommodates up to 20 people for hospitality functions, and can be connected to a second bedroom with a King bed, based on availability. Book the Fairmont Suite now.

Room Size: 1450 sq.ft. / 135 sq.m
Bed Type: One King bed
View: 180-degree view of Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz Island, the Financial District, the East Bay, Downtown San Francisco and Twin Peaks
Old May 3, 2014, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
I think when your check in time also plays a big role as to what room you will be upgraded too. You can imagine our surprise when handed the keys to the Fairmont Suite while using a free night and upgrade certificates. We checked in around 7PM that evening and it was only for one night. Probably couldn't of pulled it off if we had two nights or more booked.
Awesome!

I usually stay in the Main Building, have only stayed in the tower once and the views indeed are quite impressive.
Old May 3, 2014, 11:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I didn't see a mention in this thread, but it appears that the complimentary room night can only be applied to a Fairmont Queen (no view) room. You cannot use it for a Fairmont King room.
Old May 3, 2014, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I didn't see a mention in this thread, but it appears that the complimentary room night can only be applied to a Fairmont Queen (no view) room. You cannot use it for a Fairmont King room.
Can you apply a suite or room upgrade on the free night?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.