Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2010, 11:12 am

Programs: UA Gold, Fairmont Platinum, IHG Platinum
I'm going to Dubai in early April and was planning on staying at the Fairmont in a Gold room. I wanted to understand the complimentary transfer process and have emailed the hotel twice over a period of a week and a half. Once to the typical address and then a second time to an address provided by the FPC Platinum desk. Neither has generated a reply so I phoned again last week and the Platinum desk actually connected me to the Gold Floor Concierge on site.

The lady was pleasant and took my details for my arrival transfer but I had a few questions, wanted a rollaway, had asked about sightseeing, etc. She promised to email me back with answers and it's been another 5 days. What the heck?

I phoned Platinum FPC again and was given the FPC Manager's contact's email there and I still haven't heard from her! Anyone know why it's so difficult to get a response from this property lately? The reviews have been overall good but I'm a bit nervous if they won't even acknowledge a Platinum member especially once I have spoken with them.

Thoughts? Thanks.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by floridason
Thoughts? Thanks.
IME, once you get away from North America, contacting the hotel in advance rarely yields any benefits. They know how to take a airport transfer order, but the rest is best handled onsite.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 11:58 am

I stayed at the Fairmont Dubai one night last December. I did not know that they do complimentary Airport transfers.

The property is very nice and the room is very good. i have no idea about service as i only spent few hours in the hotel ( arrived mid night, checkout 9 am). if you are looking for exceptional stay in Dubai stay at the Madinat Jumeirah, specifically at Dar Al Masyaf Hotel. all i can say is you are going to experience something different, very different. if you are AMEX Cen or Plat card holder book through them to get some good benefits.

Enjoy Dubai.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:19 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
The airport transfer is included on the Gold Floor. Nice service. There is a Fairmont desk right outside of customs that you go to.

You will love the gold floor. Open bar and excellent buffet breakfast. The service is fantastic. Good property for f & b in the restaurants. I like the pools too. Just order your drinks before prayer call. The service shuts down during that time.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 5:40 am

I stayed at the fairmont dubai this past week for 2 nights. I used a suite upgrade at check in and the nice check in agent let me have a 2 bedroom suite since I was with a friend and had requested two beds and non of the normal upgrade suites have two beds.

The property is very nice. We had sushi on the first night in the restaurant on the second floor that was phenomenal. The pool area looked really nice from my window but i never got home by 10pm in time to use the pool.

The sports bar sadly didn't have ESPN so no NFL games were to be had but the bartender said they were working on getting it.

Aside from that, the service was very good, the property was very beautiful. Can't really complain about anything in a quick 2 night stay.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 6:51 am

Anyone been to the Sushi restaurant in this hotel - was thinking of going there but when I emailed them for Menu/Pricing they said that it was not available by email and I would have to come and see it in person...

Very unusual and I was thinking of burning a Presidents Club $$ Voucher there from a recent promotion.

Hardly going to consider it unless anyone here can vouch for quality and value...?

Thanks
Old Feb 8, 2012, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by FTIsAddictive
Anyone been to the Sushi restaurant in this hotel - was thinking of going there but when I emailed them for Menu/Pricing they said that it was not available by email and I would have to come and see it in person...

Very unusual and I was thinking of burning a Presidents Club $$ Voucher there from a recent promotion.

Hardly going to consider it unless anyone here can vouch for quality and value...?

Thanks
This post immediately after my earlier one did make me chuckle. The sushi restaurant is excellent. Some of the best sushi I have ever had in my life and I've been too some pretty good spots.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 6:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
My wife, my 18 yr old daughter, and I are considering staying at this hotel when We stay in Dubai for 6 nights, in mid-March.

I am a FPC Platinum member. So, I can check in early on day of arrival (at 7 am at DXB) - perhaps 9 AM?

I see that there is a free transportation provided by the hotel between the airport and the hotel.

We are considering upgrading from a standard room to a suite, using the suite upgrade certificate. I want lounge access - for a fee for at least $150/night for 2 (I have not got an answer if there is an extra fee over and above that for our daughter), we can get it (whether it is worth that amount, I would like to ask the forum).

Has anyone stayed at this hotel, since the date of the last post? What are your thoughts about this hotel?

How would one compare this hotel to the Conrad Hotel, which is across the street, and which is the other hotel I am considering staying at?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 7:25 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
My wife, my 18 yr old daughter, and I are considering staying at this hotel when We stay in Dubai for 6 nights, in mid-March.

I am a FPC Platinum member. So, I can check in early on day of arrival (at 7 am at DXB) - perhaps 9 AM?

I see that there is a free transportation provided by the hotel between the airport and the hotel.

We are considering upgrading from a standard room to a suite, using the suite upgrade certificate. I want lounge access - for a fee for at least $150/night for 2 (I have not got an answer if there is an extra fee over and above that for our daughter), we can get it (whether it is worth that amount, I would like to ask the forum).

Has anyone stayed at this hotel, since the date of the last post? What are your thoughts about this hotel?

How would one compare this hotel to the Conrad Hotel, which is across the street, and which is the other hotel I am considering staying at?

The hotels stand right next to each other - just a minute or so walk apart. Conrad is literally brand new & Fairmont is 10-12 years old so facilities & rooms will vary accordingly. Friday Brunch at Fairmont is rather good.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 7:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by NoY
[/U][/B]

The hotels stand right next to each other - just a minute or so walk apart. Conrad is literally brand new & Fairmont is 10-12 years old so facilities & rooms will vary accordingly. Friday Brunch at Fairmont is rather good.
Thank you. Have you yourself seen or stayed at both hotels? Besides the difference ages of the 2 hotels, what else can you say when comparing these 2 hotels?
Old Jan 27, 2014, 7:34 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Thank you. Have you yourself seen or stayed at both hotels? Besides the difference ages of the 2 hotels, what else can you say when comparing these 2 hotels?
I have been inside both but stayed at neither. I drive right past them every day. If you like new then Conrad is just that. Traditional but new. It also has a (reported by friends) very nice Marco Pierre White steak house on site but you could visit that whichever property you picked. Service in Fairmont is great. As mentioned Brunch is a winner on Fridays but again you could visit that from Conrad. The Fairmont is probably due a refurbishment soon but is well maintained. Suggest checking out trip advisor for other views & pics. Also have a look at the Hilton forum for more on Conrad. Good luck!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Cascadia
The airport transfer is included on the Gold Floor. Nice service. There is a Fairmont desk right outside of customs that you go to.

You will love the gold floor. Open bar and excellent buffet breakfast. The service is fantastic. Good property for f & b in the restaurants. I like the pools too. Just order your drinks before prayer call. The service shuts down during that time.
I have found out from the Gold Service head that the complimentary airport transfer service is no longer offered.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 12:24 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

I have found out from the Gold Service head that the complimentary airport transfer service is no longer offered.
Don't forget the metro line goes from the airport to the Fairmont just a few steps away. Or Uber is in Dubai now.

Or EK / EY biz and first customers get complimentary shuttle service.

Or that a taxi won't be more that $15 to the fm
Old Mar 15, 2014, 8:42 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Kimpton Inner Circle Elite
Stayed at this property last October and had a great time. The property is older (10 years or so) but the service is great. The pool is beautiful and it was lovely to watch the sun rise from the pool since due to jet lag we were up at around 4am!

The Conrad is right next door and is a brand new hotel but I wouldn't necessarily stay there. I love the Fairmont service and as a platinum member we had great treatment at this property. Would stay here again if I was in Dubai...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.