Fairmont Pacific Rim

Old Apr 20, 2010, 5:21 am

Just confirmed a two night stay here in May. For those that were able to get the Signature Suite using a suite upgrade...any idea on how to do this?

I REALLY want to stay in the signature suite as it looks amazing. I was confirmed to a Harbour view Suite with FPC already.

Thanks for your help guys and gals.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by llbean
Just confirmed a two night stay here in May. For those that were able to get the Signature Suite using a suite upgrade...any idea on how to do this?

I REALLY want to stay in the signature suite as it looks amazing. I was confirmed to a Harbour view Suite with FPC already.

Thanks for your help guys and gals.
Did you try calling the hotel to see if they'll do it for a discounted rate. If you have to have the suite, then just call them and find out what they can do for you.

All of us members don't always get the best. Its a nice surprise when it happens, but all you can do is request and know you're getting a great deal anyways. Good luck!

Key is relax, and be happy!
Old Apr 20, 2010, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by llbean

Agree with AM - Ask and hope for the best and confirm at a discount if you can get that as well. In the end, you have to pick you battles. Can't expect it all the time but if you REALLY want it, best to call, ask and try to confirm for a smaller fee in advance.

Here again this week but in a simple Fairmont room with harbour view. In the end, working here by myself so it's no biggie so I didn't even both asking for something nicer. When traveling with wife, would follow a different approach.

Good luck!
Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
We all get spoiled sometimes. So its important not to start thinking you have to have a certain room all the time.. or a sense of entitlement. I went to Hawaii and Maui.. no extra upgrades from what was guaranteed at reservation.

I bit my lip for a few days arriving at the Orchid, because they stuck us on the smoking floor the first day, and basically lied about the smoking aspect through their teeth. In fact, the managers there are programmed to say that the smoking happens only in a few rooms. In the end, I respected the way they conducted business. They moved us to the North Tower, and even though it was a hassle, I paid basically 35% less the price compared to the last time I visited and got a One Bedroom Suite thats 1,050 sq ft backing on the golf course with Ocean View. Turned out it was an excellent vacation.. the longtime employees knew us by name because of past visits.. we will once again try and stay there sometime.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:56 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Just got this in the mail. Don't know if it's a good deal or not.

http://www.fairmont.com/vpr/bmw
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by jarusoba
Just got this in the mail. Don't know if it's a good deal or not.

http://www.fairmont.com/vpr/bmw
Just checked a few random dates and rates seem to be identical with BAR, so if youre planning to use the spa a lot its a good deal, otherwise booking through a Virtuoso agent (rate usually is the same as BAR) is a better deal (free breakfast).
Old Apr 23, 2010, 6:36 pm

Programs: AC SE
So I checked my cc and noticed a significant over charge. Called the hotel and got nowhere. Sent an email to Shayne the director of front of house operations who left his business card in my room. No response so I called no response. Customer service is really starting to look poor at this property.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by 300rwhp
So I checked my cc and noticed a significant over charge. Called the hotel and got nowhere. Sent an email to Shayne the director of front of house operations who left his business card in my room. No response so I called no response. Customer service is really starting to look poor at this property.
Just to confirm: Youre still staying at the hotel and the hotel has already charged your CC and the amount is higher than your (expected) total bill?

Are you sure the hotel hasnt just blocked a higher amount? (which is quite common)
Btw, I had a similar incident during my stay. The hotel blocked more than twice the amount of my total bill (without letting me know) and "unblocked" the amount more than a week after a week after checking out. Anyhow, this unfortunately is the SOP at many properties.

Apart from that, are you enjoying your stay? I found the service at this hotel fantastic during my stay a few weeks ago, sorry to hear youre having problems.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 11:16 pm
Suspended

If the amount appears on your online statement, then its a real charge.. If available credit is less, but you don't see the charge, then give it like a week and see if the charge appears. If so, then call accounting at the Pacific Rim.

I noticed an overcharge of like $50.. called the Orchid, and they said call the accounting department and coordinated with front desk. They fixed it a couple days later, called me.. and said that the credit card will be refunded.^
Old Apr 24, 2010, 9:59 am

no i checked out last sunday and have noticed an extra erroneous charge. Still no call back. Seems like a theme with Fairmont.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 3:12 pm

no i checked out last sunday and have noticed an extra erroneous charge. Still no call back. Seems like a theme with Fairmont.
Before getting worked up, know that always you can have your CC company dispute the charge on your behalf. If you've left multiple messages for different people with no response, call your CC company and file the dispute. If they are in the wrong, you'll never have to hear about it again.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 4:20 pm
Suspended

OK.. Get someone live on the phone from the front desk.. don't hang up until you get someone live who can deal with this.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 2:08 pm

I just got back from a stay here after staying at the Olympic in Seattle and the Empress in Victoria. I have to say that the service at the Pacific Rim is not up to Fairmont standards.

Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful property but there were two major incidents that I found unacceptable. The Fairmont Gold attendant called and offered me a wake-up call before my day of check-out. I thought this was a classy gesture, unfortunately the wake-up call never came.

I wanted to visit Grouse Mountain and the Gold attendant gave me horrible directions essentially relying on Google maps. He had me going way out of my way and the only way that I was able to get good directions was to visit the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver concierge.

Beautiful property with awesome views. The hottub overlooking the harbour and mountains is absolutely unbelievable. The lack of good service is just very un-Fairmont.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 9:33 pm

Manager got in touch to apologize about the housekeeping so fingers crossed things go well come June. Positive to see them taking comments seriously.
Old May 1, 2010, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Is the pool open yet?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.