Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Banff Springs

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2010, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
You can get the "Celebrate Banff's 125th anniversary" rate for $299 per night, INCLUDING a $125 per night credit. I just booked this for mid July - the heat of busy season. A weekend too.
thanks for the info., I just booked two nights in late July too, no Fri/Sat. available though!
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by L3talk
thanks for the info., I just booked two nights in late July too, no Fri/Sat. available though!
Local's Know (125th Anniversary Special) should be available everyday except when hotel is sold out. I tried the special on the July 4th weekend and worked.. but went with Escape to Willowstream for $449 instead.. smokin deal.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:10 am

I finally booked my stay here for early July but I'm not happy Ancien got the spa suite

I guess I will have to rough it in the Stinson
Old Jun 18, 2010, 9:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kokinos
I finally booked my stay here for early July but I'm not happy Ancien got the spa suite

I guess I will have to rough it in the Stinson
Ok.. this answers my question from my other thread! You got the hot air balloon ride.. Stinson being the Old Presidential Suite so high up on the 9th floor should give you a nice reminder of the hot air balloon ride coming up.. keeps the mind on ice.^

Were you able to book over Saturday night.. it was sold out.. if you want it pm confirmation # and I'll get personal concierge to book it over.. she mentioned that there may be a couple suites left.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Just so you know, I was looking for July 16-18 for the "Locals Know" $299 special. I tried the 16th, it was available. I tried the 17th, it was not available. When I searched the 16th and 17th together, it worked fine. So try booking a few dates together. Remember, you can always cancel dates on the beginning or end of your rez if you find something that works.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:13 pm

Hi, I would like to ask you long time FPC members on How do you tip for the room? we will be staying in Banf Spring and Vitoria Empress during our July trip, I like to know how everyone else tips? I hope this is not someing stupid to ask, thanks a lot!
Old Jun 19, 2010, 9:02 am
Suspended

Hi, I would like to ask you long time FPC members on How do you tip for the room? we will be staying in Banf Spring and Vitoria Empress during our July trip, I like to know how everyone else tips? I hope this is not someing stupid to ask, thanks a lot!
Banff Springs has a new resort fee $10 per night, and all tips are included with the room as well.. so no need to worry about tipping. Victoria.. I usually just spot 5 to 10 for the Chambermaid when I see her/him.. gardeners and balance, I'm just not sure about that.. restaurants 15%, but the chef's I was talking to don't get that neither at BSH. I agree.. there could be a better system.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Just so you know, I was looking for July 16-18 for the "Locals Know" $299 special. I tried the 16th, it was available. I tried the 17th, it was not available. When I searched the 16th and 17th together, it worked fine. So try booking a few dates together. Remember, you can always cancel dates on the beginning or end of your rez if you find something that works.
This happened to me at the Mac a month ago.. all rooms sold out July 24th.. but book July 23rd and July 24th, 2010 and available.^ I like this because it we have a family and we like staying over at least a couple days.. nowadays its at least three to five nights.

As well, the rates seem to drop the more nights you book.. Escape to Willowstream was $489 for one night.. book two nights, drops down to $449.. an $80 savings. I booked my Doctor buddy yesterday on this.. all he can say was this rate was insane.. he couldn't believe it.. 2 massages, breakfast, parking and room. A regular 60 minute treatment is $235 to $245 with tax and tip. Basically, get Breakfast, parking and room for Nothing. Budda Boom Budda Ching.. so far he's lined up 3 nights, 6 treatments.. now all he has to figure out is whether he can get a room big enough for him, his wife and 5 kids.. I'm calling my concierge if anything can be done.. otherwise he'll have to cancel.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Banff Springs has a new resort fee $10 per night, and all tips are included with the room as well.. so no need to worry about tipping. Victoria.. I usually just spot 5 to 10 for the Chambermaid when I see her/him.. gardeners and balance, I'm just not sure about that.. restaurants 15%, but the chef's I was talking to don't get that neither at BSH. I agree.. there could be a better system.
thank you for letting me know about the $10 fee covers tips, I have never heard of that, usually resourt fee covers only water, internet and newspaper.
as for your other post, I am going to check out the willowstreem package too, it's so tempting.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 11:49 pm
Suspended

thank you for letting me know about the $10 fee covers tips, I have never heard of that, usually resourt fee covers only water, internet and newspaper.
as for your other post, I am going to check out the willowstreem package too, it's so tempting.
EDIT: Willowstream one night is $529, book two consecutive nights its $449.. about a $160 savings.. Funny, a parent of one of my kids' friend e-mails me earlier on.. was trying to book the package over phone reservations getting quoted $590 for one night and was going to give up booking. Maestro to the rescue: So I sent her the two night link for $449 per night.. she books it.. but she only wants one night.. so I told her to phone reservations and cut it back to one night and should be the $449 price. She may or may not cut it back.. but the whole point is that regardless if its $449 or $590, its a smokin deal.

Regular 60 minute treatment massage price is $235 or $245 roughly with tax and tip.. So basically on the Escape to Willowstream Package.. massages are say $470 or $490 regular price.. so you get the self parking, breakfast, and room free.^ My doctor buddy who I told this deal says this is an insane deal and has 6 treatments lined up, so between the three of us so far, 16 60 minute treatments going to be booked.. that is if he can get a big enough room for his wife, him and 5 kids.. he was going to use a suite upgrade, but has none left.. so we'll have to see.

Kokinos.. line this deal up man.. I see some aching in some sort of your obscure body part.. knots need to be worked out.. this before our round! You and yours deserve it!
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:43 am

Banff Gold

Are the Banff Gold rooms really worth it?

Thanks for the heads-up!
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kell113
Are the Banff Gold rooms really worth it?

Thanks for the heads-up!
I've pm'd you NFAF connection per your inquiry.. re: gold rooms.. my brother's father and mother in-law stays exclusively on the gold floor in Banff. They think its well worth it.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro

Ok.. this answers my question from my other thread! You got the hot air balloon ride.. Stinson being the Old Presidential Suite so high up on the 9th floor should give you a nice reminder of the hot air balloon ride coming up.. keeps the mind on ice.^

Were you able to book over Saturday night.. it was sold out.. if you want it pm confirmation # and I'll get personal concierge to book it over.. she mentioned that there may be a couple suites left.
Thanks for reminding me about the baloon ride... I will have to setup a date for it tmrw. Stinson is nice but I prefer a room with a balcony and I think there are only 4 at the Banff Springs. I also did get the Sat night on the 125th rate the day I booked which is same as my post.

Last year I spent 5 or so nights there and only once this year so I'm looking forward to the retreat. I'm also bringing my boat and heading to Minnewanka
Old Jun 22, 2010, 12:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kokinos
Thanks for reminding me about the baloon ride... I will have to setup a date for it tmrw. Stinson is nice but I prefer a room with a balcony and I think there are only 4 at the Banff Springs. I also did get the Sat night on the 125th rate the day I booked which is same as my post.

Last year I spent 5 or so nights there and only once this year so I'm looking forward to the retreat. I'm also bringing my boat and heading to Minnewanka
Kokinos.. what room category did you book?.. Executive office is trying best to upgrade you to a suite.. but the executive kind so far.. let me know and I'll pm hotel manager again.

Kokinos.. book the Escape to Willowstream.. $449 per night if you book two nights in a row (cut back later if you have to).. In the $449 you get two massages, brekkie, self parking and room.. Two massages $470 to $490 retail.. get self parking, brekkie and room free.^

I think my doctor buddy may be up to being the fourth.. I asked him today.. he said he's got to hit a few balls and find out if his shoulder is bothering him or what. We'll have two doctors in our party.. with your doctor buddy from NY.. Good, two doctors to tend to two scratch golfers.. you the scratch golfer.. and myself, the golfer that sometimes scratches.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 7:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
AM - I was looking at the WS package for July 16 or 17, but its 599 a night. I think the 299 a night with 125 credit is a better deal. We are going to go early on Friday and get the locals spa deal - so massages are only $125. Since we get a $125 credit, we will pay $425 for 2 massages and a room. (299/night - 125 credit + 250 massages). No breakfast, and no parking, but I am fine with the street parking, and will just buy the breaky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.