The Fairmont Royal Pavilion, Barbados

Old Aug 23, 2011, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
http://www.fairmont.com/royalpavilio...NightOffer.htm

Click on the link for the limited time feature special as advertised on www.fairmont.com
It's odd that it doesn't say when the promotional period ends. Also my dates in the beginning of November don't seem to work.

Also any idea if the free night cert could be used in conjunction with this promotion?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by bsaced
It's odd that it doesn't say when the promotional period ends. Also my dates in the beginning of November don't seem to work.

Also any idea if the free night cert could be used in conjunction with this promotion?
Sorry I read it wrong it appears its only for September stays.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:11 am

Programs: AA EXP Hyatt Dia SPG Gold Fairmont Plat
Yes, this would be good honeymoon destination.

I would not actually want the beach front room. The beach front room sits right on the beach, the problem being, everyone on the beach can look right in your room if the curtains aren't drawn... and it's his honeymoon so...

That said, do NOT book the Villas, they are not on the beach. The normal room is probably the best room IMHO, unless you need a large room. The view is spectacular.

Here is the view from the cheap rooms and you can see the ocean front room terrace below. The room are identical except for the large, no privacy, terrace. Apparently some of the rooms were converted into larger suites, but I did not see them, but I did see the Villas behind the main buildings, and they have a view of the gardens!

White umbrellas are on the beach front room terraces for the private use of that room, the blue ones are on the beach for all guests.

Last edited by qbrain; Aug 23, 2011 at 11:18 am
Old Aug 23, 2011, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bsaced
Sorry I read it wrong it appears its only for September stays.
Also coincides with hurricane season
Old Aug 24, 2011, 6:14 pm

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
Originally Posted by acysb87
Yes sir! My cheap Atlantis all inclusive special deal in in jeopardy for Sunday due to Hurricane Irene in the Bahamas.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by acysb87
Originally Posted by stinger
Yes sir! My cheap Atlantis all inclusive special deal in in jeopardy for Sunday due to Hurricane Irene in the Bahamas.
Its a deal because its hurricane season.. and so was my Fairmont Mayakoba trip..

But surprised we hit the height of South America's vacation season when we visited Mayakoba..

Hopefully the hurricane won't hit, and will turn into a tropical depression in plenty of time so that you can enjoy your trip stinger..
Old Apr 2, 2012, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, FPC PLT, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
Suite upgrade certificate

Read somewhere in this thread that this property does not provide suite upgrade using FPC suite upgrade certificate. Is this still the case? Do they have any suites?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 1:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by qbrain
Yes, this would be good honeymoon destination.

I would not actually want the beach front room. The beach front room sits right on the beach, the problem being, everyone on the beach can look right in your room if the curtains aren't drawn... and it's his honeymoon so...

That said, do NOT book the Villas, they are not on the beach. The normal room is probably the best room IMHO, unless you need a large room. The view is spectacular.

Here is the view from the cheap rooms and you can see the ocean front room terrace below. The room are identical except for the large, no privacy, terrace. Apparently some of the rooms were converted into larger suites, but I did not see them, but I did see the Villas behind the main buildings, and they have a view of the gardens!

White umbrellas are on the beach front room terraces for the private use of that room, the blue ones are on the beach for all guests.
That's eerily similar to our view here at Fairmont Orchid in a one bedroom ocean front suite. Aloha.

I thought the Pavilion provided a junior suite for a suite cert there for awhile.. but that was post reno and for a short time. Best to check with concierge or the hotel.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by 1stClassFamily
Read somewhere in this thread that this property does not provide suite upgrade using FPC suite upgrade certificate. Is this still the case? Do they have any suites?
Pavilions are excluded from the room upgrade suite upgrade certs.

There are 3 room types.

The villa is not on the beach and I believe there is only one. IMO there is no reason to stay in the villa and not have the view. The villa the only way to get a room with a full ocean view. When the moderate room is being sold, it is one of the 3 villa rooms.

The ocean front are on the second and third floors (American counting) and all have identical floor plans and views. The balconies all directly face the ocean, the only thing that might block your view is a palm tree and the balcony has a small table, 2 chairs and 2 loungers. Inside is a small table (dining height for 2 people) and two chairs.

The beach front rooms are on the first floor and have a semi private deck (private use, not secluded) with a table, 2 chairs and 2 loungers. Inside there is a small sitting area inside with a couch, a coffee table and two chairs. Other than that, I believe the oceanfront and beach front bed and bath areas are identical. The extra interior space is used for the sitting area. The decks are nice, and would be ideal is mobility was an issue, but they do not provide much in the way of privacy. The deck is about 2 feet above beach level, so if the curtains are not drawn and the lights are one, anyone on the beach can look right into the room. The deck does not provide any privacy from anyone on the beach.

I prefer privacy over space, so I actually prefer the ocean front rooms over the beach front.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 1:55 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
I have been disappointed with the service at a number of purportedly high-end Caribbean properties. (St Regis Bahia/SJU, RC STT, etc)

The limited tidbits in this thread seem pretty positive. Any more detailed thoughts on the service experience?
Old Apr 7, 2012, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by NYBanker
I have been disappointed with the service at a number of purportedly high-end Caribbean properties. (St Regis Bahia/SJU, RC STT, etc)

The limited tidbits in this thread seem pretty positive. Any more detailed thoughts on the service experience?
Comparing it to NY service levels, you will find the service horrendous. The staff is very friendly, but the consistency and attention of detail is lacking. But this didn't bother me in the least, probably because they make such a good rum punch.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Ill be staying at the Fairmont Barbados in a few weeks time and am happy to report back once I return.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Ill be staying at the Fairmont Barbados in a few weeks time and am happy to report back once I return.
Stayed at Barbados property in February.

Check-in had our paper-work ready after the security gate informed desk of our arrival.Nice welcome drink of your choice.I had a beer,Mrs.acysb87 had a nice glass of white wine.(chilled glass) .Nice cool refresher towel handed us at check-in.

Room was 3rd floor.Welcome gift fruit basket was huge.We made a nice snack of it by adding a bottle of Champagne purchased at Holetown.

Staff at restaurants were all attentive. Check-out extended 2 hours by calling front desk.^

We were quite impressed by the staff and what was provided.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Thanks for the feedback! Sounds like Ill be enjoying my mini-vacation.

Did you take the taxi from the airport or did you have transportation arranged through the hotel?
Old Apr 14, 2012, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Thanks for the feedback! Sounds like Ill be enjoying my mini-vacation.

Did you take the taxi from the airport or did you have transportation arranged through the hotel?
I rented a car at Stoutes,right at BGI

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.