Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont PC club status match?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2005, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Fairmont PC club status match?

I am interested in joining Fairmont PC club and had some questions about it.

Can they match the status with the other hotel chain (like HHonors, SPG, Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club, etc.)? I found a thread that someone could match the status. But, I was told from a representative yesterday that they do not have a "status match" policy.

If they can match, what level (premier or platinum) can they match to (ex: HHonors diamond/SPG platinum --> platinum, HHonors gold/SPG gold --> premier ... )?
Old Jun 18, 2005, 1:59 pm
ski

No for Fairmont status match

Fairmont told me no. You must have gotten same rep.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 11:14 am

Programs: United 1K, Fairmont Plat, Northwest
Fairmont does not match. I think I started a thread earlier asking if they matched and they dont. They dont have partnerships with any other hotels.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 6:03 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Any newer info?

Any updates as to whether Fairmont will match status? Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2006, 7:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
Any updates as to whether Fairmont will match status? Thanks!
I think the obvious question, if you've been following the threads about the deterioration of the FPC program, is why you'd bother. FPC is not competitive with any of the other major frequent stay programs any more(SPG, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott), so if the loyalty program has any effect on your decision making process, you're likely better off elsewhere. The only situation where I can imagine you'd want this is if you were forced to stay at a Fairmont, either because of corporate or conference constraints, or because you're in a city where there are no other choices.

Starwood, as an example, has hotels that are upmarket from Fairmont (St. Regis), more or less equivalent (Luxury Collection, Westin), and downmarket (Sheraton, Four Points), so you get a lot more choice with a much better loyalty program. Others here have been happy after switching to Hyatt.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:17 pm

Thanks for the update! I am being "forced" to stay at a Fairmont (I know, it's a tough life), so I was considering going for the status match. The Gold level looks very nice. I rarely stay at a hotel where I am a status-less. I'll probably survive
Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:31 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Forget about Fairmont's FPC program. It sucks!
Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Another enhancement of the NEW program is that you WILL NOT be upgraded to the Gold Floor with room upgrade certificates or suite upgrade certificates. So again, why bother?

Oh and the incompetent morons have still not delivered my 2006 pkg, OVER A MONTH LATE....AGAIN
Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Cascadia
Forget about Fairmont's FPC program. It sucks!
That bad, huh?
Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:44 am

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
For upgrades My experience so far is 0 Gold floor upgrades in 2 years. As Platinum I typically get a room one level up from what I have booked, sometimes ended up in a nicer room or a Jr suite but only on rare occasions.

I had a status match 3 years ago, Was SPG Plt and was offered 1 tier below in FPC (Gold at the time).

I agree thay are not offering a competitive product right now. I stay there only if I have too. Still waiting also for the 2006 package. After 1 month I would have expected at least an E-Mail to explain the situation and apologize for this. Hope they will realize they're on the wrong track and make changes in that program asap.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 767300ER
Hope they will realize they're on the wrong track and make changes in that program asap.
Sure, after all the customers have left for greener pastures. I guess that will be a though lesson for them, especially with City properties.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 767300ER
For upgrades My experience so far is 0 Gold floor upgrades in 2 years....... ....
I had 1 upgrade to Gold in years 2004-2005.

Haven't stayed enough in 2006 to warrant an upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.