Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Originally Posted by gumercindo
Hi there! I have a Virtuoso TA quote for a stay at the Fairmont for a Garden suite. But, if I pay $500 more in total for the 7N, I get an ocean view suite PLUS breakfast for 2 daily. Worth it?
Virtuoso should come with breakfast, so that's a wash. Only you can say whether it's worth an extra $500 for the ocean view. I'd say it probably is, but the room is otherwise the same.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:35 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Hi there! I have a Virtuoso TA quote for a stay at the Fairmont for a Garden suite. But, if I pay $500 more in total for the 7N, I get an ocean view suite PLUS breakfast for 2 daily. Worth it?

Also, do the suites come with a convertible sofa bed?
I think it's worth it. We had the ocean view and the mornings on the balcony were worth it - this is less than $100/night... the garden suite could be the parking lot view so I'd go for it to avoid any risk
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status

Also, do the suites come with a convertible sofa bed?
Yes.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 5:01 pm
LHG

Programs: AS MVP Gold and hotel status through their credit cards as needed :)
We just booked 4 nights with our 2+2 free nights from the defunct cc for December dates
On the reservation, it states it will bill one night, nonrefundable 99 days in advance (next week). Is this normal practice for the free night certs?
Also, if we did have to cancel, do we get our free nights back?
Thanks in advance for your answers.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by LHG
We just booked 4 nights with our 2+2 free nights from the defunct cc for December dates
On the reservation, it states it will bill one night, nonrefundable 99 days in advance (next week). Is this normal practice for the free night certs?
Also, if we did have to cancel, do we get our free nights back?
Thanks in advance for your answers.
Have the same question as LHG. I noticed when you try to book (e.g., 3 nights), the website wants you to pay a deposit of 2 nights immediately.

How do you guys circumvent that if you intend to apply FN cert anyway?
Call up Fairmont customer service, and ask them to book?

Thanks,
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:42 am

Family of 5 (3 kids) headed to Maui. Options are RC Kapalua and Fairmont KL. Both would be suite stays. I am leaning to the Fairmont because it is supposedly more kid/family friendly. All things being equal, what is the general consensus for families?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Family of 5 (3 kids) headed to Maui. Options are RC Kapalua and Fairmont KL. Both would be suite stays. I am leaning to the Fairmont because it is supposedly more kid/family friendly. All things being equal, what is the general consensus for families?
I'm not sure that one of the two properties can be considered more family-friendly than the other - both do a pretty good job IMO in terms of activities, kids club etc., although it may depend on the kids' ages.

A few other notes:

- the RC Kapalua is slightly more upscale IMO, though both properties are very nice
- the max. occupancy for a one-bedroom suite is generally 4, though depending on the kids' ages it may be worth checking with the hotel
- suites at the RC offer somewhat better kitchen facilities which may or may not matter to you
- one nice feature of the suites at the Fairmont is that the bathroom is accessible from both the bedroom and the living room
Old Oct 18, 2017, 2:23 pm

Thank you. I think what knocks the RC down a bit is location compared to Wailea. One other option is to book 2 standard rooms at Wailea Beach (Marriott) and hope that they upgrade to a suite.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:45 am

Thank you. I think what knocks the RC down a bit is location compared to Wailea. One other option is to book 2 standard rooms at Wailea Beach (Marriott) and hope that they upgrade to a suite.
Note that for the kids, which the Fairmont water slide is pretty sweet, the Wailea Marriott's slides are arguably better.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Do they accept room upgrade certificates or just suite certificates for upgrades ?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Do they accept room upgrade certificates or just suite certificates for upgrades ?
Suite upgrades only.

Unless you have no other use for the upgrade cert, I wouldn't waste asuiteupgrade cert at the Kea Lani.
MasterGeek likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Already very impressed with the service here, and my stay isn't until January. Originally booked a 5 night stay (2 paid nights, plus 2 free Fairmont Visa nights and 3rd night free certificate). When my additional Fairmont Visa free night certificate posted last week, I tried to extend the reservation one more night but there were no basic suites available. The hotel called me yesterday and was able to open up an additional night, so now I've got 6 nights for the price of 2. Certainly something they didn't have to do, especially considering the lowest room rates are now over $900/night.

-FlyerBeek
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Already very impressed with the service here, and my stay isn't until January. Originally booked a 5 night stay (2 paid nights, plus 2 free Fairmont Visa nights and 3rd night free certificate). When my additional Fairmont Visa free night certificate posted last week, I tried to extend the reservation one more night but there were no basic suites available. The hotel called me yesterday and was able to open up an additional night, so now I've got 6 nights for the price of 2. Certainly something they didn't have to do, especially considering the lowest room rates are now over $900/night.

-FlyerBeek
Wow, you did great.

I stayed at the Kea Lani last July... great hotel; loved it. I'm going to Maui again in January, but the prices are killing me. Ouch.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 4:56 pm

Yeah. Seriously. I'm going in February. These prices are nuts.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 2:04 pm

Just to confirm, there is tax charged on the resort fee right? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.