Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2011, 11:34 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Pres Club, Starwood Gold, NEXUS
Does Kea Lani still exist?

I was at the Fairmont site this morning to check out rates for our upcoming visit in late Feb and the Maui property is NOT in the list of Fairmont properties. I tried accessing it through various google searches and while you can still access information pages on the property, you can NOT reserve a room there through the Fairmont system. Anyone know what's going on??
Old Nov 26, 2011, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by loopies
I was at the Fairmont site this morning to check out rates for our upcoming visit in late Feb and the Maui property is NOT in the list of Fairmont properties. I tried accessing it through various google searches and while you can still access information pages on the property, you can NOT reserve a room there through the Fairmont system. Anyone know what's going on??
Indeed, the Kea Lani has disappeared from the drop-down box and I´m also getting an error message when trying access the property´s page via the destination map. Very odd...

The hotel is still listed (seems bookable) on various third-party sites like Expedia etc. Let´s hope this is just another IT glitch.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 11:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Fairmont Kea Lani is still on the map on the Fairmont website..

I was on Fairmont Kea Lani section earlier this week checking out some dates.. hopefully its just a glitch..
Old Nov 26, 2011, 12:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Pres Club, Starwood Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro

I was on Fairmont Kea Lani section earlier this week checking out some dates.. hopefully its just a glitch..
I was able to get information by calling in, so they're still in business as a Fairmont - they didn't know in the call centre what the website problem was.

I was on their site a week ago checking rates - they seem to have on going technical glitches on the Fairmont site.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Yes, but when I click on the Kea Lani and try to go to the hotel´s site I always get an error message, or does the link work for you?
Old Nov 26, 2011, 12:12 pm

Kayak is still taking reservations. They said on Twitter that they're having a Cyber Monday event, two different deals, whatever that means.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 12:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Yes, but when I click on the Kea Lani and try to go to the hotel´s site I always get an error message, or does the link work for you?
No.. Just pointing out that the Kea Lani is still on the map.. I tried clicking, and a new window pops up, but just dead airspace..
Old Nov 28, 2011, 3:17 pm

Cyber Monday Sale

Site is working fine. Their Cyber Monday sale is up. Two deals:
http://www.fairmont.com/EN_FA/Proper...MondaySpecials

Cyber Monday Summer Special!
Receive 30% off for stays between May 12, 2012 - August 14, 2012.

Cyber Monday Fall Special!
Receive 50% off for stays between August 15, 2012 - December 16, 2012.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 7:19 pm
Suspended

Still haven't booked Kea Lani for spring break yet.. Too bad the Cyber Monday special didn't include any dates in early April..

I've got the Disney Aulani hotel booked.. just trying to figure out how many nights in Oahu, and whether we'll stop at the Big Island Fairmont Orchid before going to the Kea Lani..
Old Nov 29, 2011, 6:16 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by tjbrooks
Cyber Monday Summer Special!
Receive 30% off for stays between May 12, 2012 - August 14, 2012.

Cyber Monday Fall Special!
Receive 50% off for stays between August 15, 2012 - December 16, 2012.
Just a quick thanks! I was planning on going in September and wasn't sure about the Kea Lani or the Orchid. These great rates just sealed the deal! Booked a week. Would have missed a great deal if it wasn't for the post here.

I've got the Disney Aulani hotel booked.. just trying to figure out how many nights in Oahu, and whether we'll stop at the Big Island Fairmont Orchid before going to the Kea Lani..
Totally off topic -- but I'm waiting for the 7 month DVC window to book 8 nights in a two bedroom as well ^
Old Nov 29, 2011, 9:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MtlFire
Totally off topic -- but I'm waiting for the 7 month DVC window to book 8 nights in a two bedroom as well ^
The one bedroom within a two month time frame window for 7 nights is $4,000 plus taxes.. currently I've got 10 nights out 4 months.. I booked because its totally cancellable.. so if I pare it down to 7 nights at Aulani which is ideal, then I can book either a couple weeks at the Kea Lani, or split the stay amongst the Orchid and Kea Lani..

My family wants to try out the new Disney Hotel.. I'm more bent saving money and going heavy on the Orchid and Kea Lani.. Prices have come down a bit.. I'm also waiting within the 3 month window to see if Aulani produces the fifth night free and what Fairmont Friends and Family rates produces as well..
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:03 pm

Kea Lanier in December Update

Checked in Sunday and the painting appears to be complete. There is still construction, occasionally loud, on the area next to the adult pool. My 7th floor middle suite was not available, so checked into 540s. Ok, but, not great. They later moved us to 734, which is a fantastic view (thanks to the earlier recommendations)
They tried charging me the current construction rates of 469. I had a paper copy of the quoted rate of 349 from last summer. They claim their new system is making mistakes. Recommend you bring yours.
81 F, spinner dolphins all morning with whales about a mile out. Looks to be at 50% occupancy.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Ranny48
They claim their new system is making mistakes.
Yeah right...Amazing how accurate my system is where I work or at just about everywhere you go, but when it comes to hotel and car rentals, this is common practice

Not once has Hertz quoted me the price I reserved when i got to the place, if i did not bring a copy of what i reserved with me, i wouldnt get it, not ONCE

Hotels use this excuse all the time too...next they will say solar flares are the problem, wait, nah, i wont ruin your day, but we all have some real bad days coming up due to that
Old Dec 28, 2011, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA, skymiles, AAdvantage, continental one pass, ANA, Hilton, SPG
Christmas rates

I paid a LOT for two rooms for Christmas (December 22 to 27). We had ocean front delx rooms. The prices are jacked up for Xmas. What's a reasonable rate for his period???

P.s. wish I found this forum before I booked months ago.

Signed,
Too embarrassed to admitt how much I paid
Old Dec 28, 2011, 9:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by shadabing
I paid a LOT for two rooms for Christmas (December 22 to 27). We had ocean front delx rooms. The prices are jacked up for Xmas. What's a reasonable rate for his period???

P.s. wish I found this forum before I booked months ago.

Signed,
Too embarrassed to admitt how much I paid
Going Christmas time, everyone pays through the nose..

There was a deal on Fairmont suite last year one of the FTers got for $499, but it was offered obscurely and booked before prices changed.

My guess, is that you paid $1049 per night for a Deluxe Ocean View Suite.. If you've got a signature or villa, it'll be higher for this period..
I'm looking to go during spring break, and will not be paying some of the low costs presented here. Don't feel bad about Christmas Week.. nobody gets a deal.. and F&F has not been available for the years I've checked during this period..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.