Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

free TailorMade golf club rentals for FPC members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2017, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum

I was just wondering whether anyone has experience with this benefit?

According to the FPC benefit FPC members receive free TailorMade golf club rentals at select properties.

The details can be found here. What seems odd is that none of the listed properties has a golf course.

So how does this benefit exactly work? / What'S the point of it?
Old May 31, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy LTT, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond
I used this in Sonoma and at the former Fairmont Newport. How? Just arrange through the concierge, no fuss no muss and no cost.

Sonoma has (had?) an affiliated course, while Newport had none. I don't think the point is to promote their own golf course, but just a benefit paid for by Taylormade.

It's handy if you only want to golf once or twice on a trip and it's a hassle to bring your own clubs. The rental is easily worth $50 per set, so it's a pretty good benefit. I could see this being very popular at the Hawaii properties.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Ive used this at banff springs
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Ive used this at banff springs
Interesting. The BSH doesn't seem to be listed on that site, but no doubt would be an extremely useful benefit there.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
I've used it at both Hawaii properties. When my son was with me they gave me a set for him too at no charge. The clubs are kept by the concierge. There were quite a few going out when I was at Kea Lani. I picked them up at the bell hops desk and there were quite a few others.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Interesting. The BSH doesn't seem to be listed on that site, but no doubt would be an extremely useful benefit there.
I stay there lots and have VIP status on my profile (we work through their amazing vintage Bordeaux wine list fairly regularly), I am not sure if that is the reason why, or if its standard policy.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:55 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
I used this benefit at Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver. I just went to the concierge and said that I am FPC member and would like to use golf set. Concierge brought me the set and I had to fill the form that I received 14 clubs and bag.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
I did this at the Mont Tremblant a couple times back in 2013. It participated then but isn't on the list now.

It seems that most of the participating Fairmont hotels do not have their own golf course, so it is not cannabalizing revenue, but does lower the effective cost of staying at a property by $20-30 or so. I am platinum in both Fairmont and SPG and that make help sway the decision at the margin.

It is interesting that the list still makes a reference to the Fairmont Acapulco Princess -- they had done a good job of scrubbing other references to the various recently deflagged hotels.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Was at BSH in July, and free club rental is definitely not an included benefit. It cost me $70 CAD, which is exactly what their website stated, and included one sleeve of golf balls.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by bombnthud
Was at BSH in July, and free club rental is definitely not an included benefit. It cost me $70 CAD, which is exactly what their website stated, and included one sleeve of golf balls.
Banff has better benefits than a free set of clubs. They offer Premier/Platinum members a free round of golf (well, two for one pricing), which saves $249. If I had to choose between getting a free set of rental clubs and a free round of golf, I'll take the free round.

http://www.fairmont.com/fpc/two-for-one-golf/
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Banff has better benefits than a free set of clubs. They offer Premier/Platinum members a free round of golf (well, two for one pricing), which saves $249. If I had to choose between getting a free set of rental clubs and a free round of golf, I'll take the free round.

http://www.fairmont.com/fpc/two-for-one-golf/
Actually, I was able to use my Citi Prestige golf benefit here before it went away. So I did get the free round!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.