Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

20% Discount on LifeExperiences.ca until Feb 13/17

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20% Discount on LifeExperiences.ca until Feb 13/17

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by jar2542
Such a bummer. We decided to move our banff trip from next summer to this with the discontinuous of the fairmont card (gotta use our 3rd night free and suite upgrades!) was really wanting to purchase these to help with the paid nights.
Maybe not totally dead, and it doesn't sound like it's just specific to Fairmont. I also see the certificates for the individual Fairmont golf courses are still available on the site.

I sent an e-mail off to Life Experiences and got this reply...

Thank you for contacting Life Experiences.

I sincerely apologize for any frustration this may be causing. At this time our Getaways category has been removed from the Life Experiences site while we complete negotiations with the Travel Industry Council. All previously purchased Getaway certificates will still be honoured at the establishment itself, but we have discontinued purchase of new certificates at this time. We hope to have negotiations completed soon so we may offer certificates for the Fairmont Hotels again. I hope this helps!

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. Have a wonderful day!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
That's encouraging. Thanks for reporting.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum, SPG & Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond & AC 25K
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Maybe not totally dead, and it doesn't sound like it's just specific to Fairmont. I also see the certificates for the individual Fairmont golf courses are still available on the site.

I do not believe it is coming back. I had purchased a huge amount two weeks ago and I still had $3000 to transfer to Fairmont GC when they removed it from the website. Life Experience told me it could be back but Fairmont Hotel Macdonald told me they had a meeting to announce they wouldn't be part of that site anymore except for golf. I contacted Costco, they refunded me and removed the mention of the fairmont GC on their website listing for Life Experience.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:15 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
What about the Lifeexperiences certificates bought before Fairmont was removed? No longer valid for Fairmont stays? That does not seem right.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by escape4
What about the Lifeexperiences certificates bought before Fairmont was removed?
I suggest you (re)read CanadaDH's post.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by escape4
What about the Lifeexperiences certificates bought before Fairmont was removed? No longer valid for Fairmont stays? That does not seem right.
As I posted earlier, Life Experiences has said that all previously purchased certificates are still being honoured by the hotels.

If that's not good enough assurance, instead of just speculating and complaining that your certificates are not valid, it's pretty easy to send an e-mail to the hotel and get their confirmation directly.

I sent a note off to the Chateau Lake Louise last night, and within a couple of hours, got a confirmation from the Guest Services Supervisor that my "Life Experience gift cards will still be honored".

***Edited to add the following:

Received a reply from the Banff Springs:

Thank you for your enquiry. I have checked and we do still certainly accept the dollar amount Life Experience gift cards. You would just need to present any cards you have at check in. So we may note it on your booking, how many cards are you looking at applying? What dates are you staying? Do you have a confirmation number for your booking?
Based on what Life Experience told me, and from the messages I received from both the BSH and CLL, I'm pretty confident that you shouldn't have any trouble using all existing certificates.

Last edited by CanadaDH; Jun 22, 2017 at 6:51 pm
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
I bought $1K worth of Life Experience gift cards off of Costco.ca probably two months ago. Since these weren't purchased directly from the Life Experiences website denoting specific use at Fairmonts, I'm wondering if these could still be used for an upcoming stay at the BSH in a few weeks which is why these were purchased in the first place?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: AC*E
Originally Posted by habshabs444
I bought $1K worth of Life Experience gift cards off of Costco.ca probably two months ago. Since these weren't purchased directly from the Life Experiences website denoting specific use at Fairmonts, I'm wondering if these could still be used for an upcoming stay at the BSH in a few weeks which is why these were purchased in the first place?
My colleague was in a similar position and got a refund from costco. You are probably boned.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by habshabs444
Definitely not. You do not have Fairmont certificates. You only have certificates to purchase something from lifeexperiences.ca.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Definitely not. You do not have Fairmont certificates. You only have certificates to purchase something from lifeexperiences.ca.
I guess that was my bad as I didn't realize that you had to convert them on the lifeexperiences.ca website. The good news is that I was able to get a full refund from Costco. Given that I plan to play a round of golf at BSH I will probably repurchase a couple of hundred worth of the Banff golf gift cards that are still on the website.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:12 pm

I found this one interesting. You can get a $50 certificate for the Fairmont Chateau Whistler, and the copy on lifeexperiences.ca says "Use your LifeExperiences gift card or this certificate towards your stay at this venue." I wonder if that means you can use these for the hotel? (Other locations say "towards your green fees" or "towards services".)
Old Sep 10, 2017, 12:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Is this because too many people using/abusing the deal led to killing the deal ?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Is this because too many people using/abusing the deal led to killing the deal ?
We can only speculate. But when I redeemed a stack of 10 LE certs at Banff last month, the front desk agent (who had no problem redeeming them) asked me "are these from Costco?". I guess the deal became popular.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:14 pm

It looks like you can buy Fairmont gift certificates again on lifeexperiences.ca. I wonder if you can still redeem gc bought thru Costco though.

http://www.lifeexperiences.ca/produc...5&product=2402
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: Everything
If I am a Costco member in the US, can I shop at Costco.ca or at a Canada-based warehouse?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.