Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

AccorHotels Acquires Fairmont, Raffles and Swissotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AccorHotels Acquires Fairmont, Raffles and Swissotel

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
It's an interesting move, especially given that Accor Plat members are getting Club membership along with two room upgrade certs.

I know many FPC Plat members expressed their worries about the merger and the Accor program, so maybe Accor is throwing us a stick and trying to incentivize Plats to try a Sofitel.

Having had Accor Plat status in the past, I wasn't overly impressed, but I may actually move a few stays from other chains to a Sofitel now that I've received Accor Plat status again, so I guess their strategy is working to a degree.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
I'm FPC Platinum and didn't receive an email to an Accor match. Is there a link anywhere?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 1:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
I received the email to match my FPC Premier to Club Accor Silver and did the status match. But soon afterwards my recent Fairmont night credited and I was able to get upgraded to FPC Platinum.

Now I only have Silver Club Accor status but I should be eligible for Club Accor Platinum. Who should I ask to update my Club Accor status to Platinum in order to match my FPC Platinum status ?

Thanks
Old Oct 20, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Clearly there is a very different value to the respective programs. It makes sense that they give Accor status to FPC Plat members, but not the other way around. The FPC status has tangible value immediately; Accor, not really. They're giving FPC members Plat status with Accor, but so what, because you can't just monetize that status through a free night or guaranteed upgrade.

As someone who has held Platinum status in both FPC (via actual usage and enjoyment) and Accor (just via Amex) for the past 5 or so years, I've had those 2 programs to direct my business to. In those 5 years, I've spent a grand total of 2 nights at a Sofitel and well over 100 at Fairmont in the same time. Why? Because there is nothing about the Accor program and their properties that I find particularly enticing. I had "free" Accor Platinum status to take advantage of, and I basically ignored it completely. Fairmont, on the other hand, I use extensively.

The marketing geniuses that think all people love chasing points in points-based programs like Accor obviously don't understand the allure of programs like FPC to a certain profile of traveler. I keep racking up additional Fairmont nights, even when they don't accrue into any sort of credit or redeemable program point at all, because Fairmont and the FPC is just hands-down better.

I also have about a dozen nights booked at Four Seasons properties for 2017, and they don't have a formal loyalty program at all. I suppose I could have booked a Sofitel instead for those stays, paid less, and even earned some Accor points? No, thank you. I certainly would have looked at Fairmont first for this particular trip, if only they had one at my destination. Accor does. I still went with FS.

Last edited by CanadaDH; Oct 20, 2016 at 3:57 pm
Old Oct 20, 2016, 8:15 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I am FPC Platinum, but I have not yet requalified for next year; my next stay will get me there.
I did not receive the email and am wondering if perhaps it only went to members who have requalified; if the matched status lasts through 2017 that would make sense. Did any Platinums who have not yet requalified receive the email?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:37 pm

I am both FPC Platinum and Accor Platinum. I've already requalified for FPC Platinum for 2017, but my Accor Platinum status will expire in November, and I've not requalified for it on my own this year, and doesn't look like I will. I have had no email or communication at all from either programme with any offers.

Perhaps because I have top status at both presently there's no need, but I really would appreciate knowing where I stand for 2017 with Accor.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:54 am

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
I am a FPC Plat who has already requalified for 2017, and in Accor I have no status. I received the email re Accor Plat status.

I cannot imagine staying at an Accor property, apart from highly unusual conditions (e.g., no SPG or FPC property in the city, etc.

I have a negligible amount of Accor points. Earning a few doesn't do anything.

So long as FPC continues to exist, I will stay there to redeem coupons and to re-qualify status. I'm guessing 2017 is the last "earn and burn" year, with 2018 being "burn only".

I was a Sofitel Privilege Gold member way back in the day, and I was underwhelmed by the program then.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 4:41 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by rfrost
I am FPC Platinum, but I have not yet requalified for next year; my next stay will get me there.
I did not receive the email and am wondering if perhaps it only went to members who have requalified; if the matched status lasts through 2017 that would make sense. Did any Platinums who have not yet requalified receive the email?
I am FPC Platinum via AC SE100k after only 3 nights, valid until end of February 2017. I have not requalified for March 2017 - February 2018 yet, and it is unlikely that I will have enough nights to requalify. I am relying on the same AC SE100k promo in March 2017 but we do not know if they will do it or not.

I have received the e-mail from Accor and I am now Accor Platinum until December 2017.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 7:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by escape4
I am FPC Platinum via AC SE100k after only 3 nights, valid until end of February 2017. I have not requalified for March 2017 - February 2018 yet, and it is unlikely that I will have enough nights to requalify. I am relying on the same AC SE100k promo in March 2017 but we do not know if they will do it or not.

I have received the e-mail from Accor and I am now Accor Platinum until December 2017.
I have the same AC SE 100K promo for 2016. If you completed the 3 nights in 2016, you should be good with FPC Platinum until the end of 2017, no ?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: A3*G, Fairmont Pl, Accor Pl, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Platinum
Just an interesting note on timing your status match. When I used my link to match to Platinum - the arrival page said "Your Platinum status is guaranteed for at least 12 months from [today]". Nonetheless - my match was for longer than 12 months to Dec 31, 2017.

So, possibility exists if you need status a little beyond Dec 31 2017 - that you could wait until after Dec 31 to use the match link and get 12 months from then.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 3:08 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
This is due to the change over to the calender year from 2017. Anybody qualifying for Le Club Platinum now will stay Platinum until 31 December 2017.

Originally Posted by codesinvan
Just an interesting note on timing your status match. When I used my link to match to Platinum - the arrival page said "Your Platinum status is guaranteed for at least 12 months from [today]". Nonetheless - my match was for longer than 12 months to Dec 31, 2017.

So, possibility exists if you need status a little beyond Dec 31 2017 - that you could wait until after Dec 31 to use the match link and get 12 months from then.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
I signed up using benefit code FPCSILVER2016 and was instantly given silver!! :-::-::-:
Old Oct 24, 2016, 8:09 am

Programs: AC-SE MM
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Clearly there is a very different value to the respective programs. It makes sense that they give Accor status to FPC Plat members, but not the other way around. The FPC status has tangible value immediately; Accor, not really. They're giving FPC members Plat status with Accor, but so what, because you can't just monetize that status through a free night or guaranteed upgrade.

As someone who has held Platinum status in both FPC (via actual usage and enjoyment) and Accor (just via Amex) for the past 5 or so years, I've had those 2 programs to direct my business to. In those 5 years, I've spent a grand total of 2 nights at a Sofitel and well over 100 at Fairmont in the same time. Why? Because there is nothing about the Accor program and their properties that I find particularly enticing. I had "free" Accor Platinum status to take advantage of, and I basically ignored it completely. Fairmont, on the other hand, I use extensively.

The marketing geniuses that think all people love chasing points in points-based programs like Accor obviously don't understand the allure of programs like FPC to a certain profile of traveler. I keep racking up additional Fairmont nights, even when they don't accrue into any sort of credit or redeemable program point at all, because Fairmont and the FPC is just hands-down better.

I also have about a dozen nights booked at Four Seasons properties for 2017, and they don't have a formal loyalty program at all. I suppose I could have booked a Sofitel instead for those stays, paid less, and even earned some Accor points? No, thank you. I certainly would have looked at Fairmont first for this particular trip, if only they had one at my destination. Accor does. I still went with FS.
Completely Agree with you
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:22 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
I signed up using benefit code FPCSILVER2016 and was instantly given silver!! :-::-::-:
How does one get reciprocal status. I never got an email.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
How does one get reciprocal status. I never got an email.
Check your junk/promotion folder

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.