Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2016, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I thought that was just the Gold Upgrade. Though we've never been in the situation of not qualifying through stays, so I don't have direct experience.
According the first post (which I posted several years ago), only cardholders who qualify for Premier/Platinum status the regular way are supposed to receive the additional $50/$100 dining certs, though I can't guarantee that information is still accurate.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 4:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
According the first post (which I posted several years ago), only cardholders who qualify for Premier/Platinum status the regular way are supposed to receive the additional $50/$100 dining certs, though I can't guarantee that information is still accurate.
That post also refers to the Lounge Club, which doesn't exist as a benefit any more.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
That post also refers to the Lounge Club, which doesn't exist as a benefit any more.
Thanks!^ I've deleted that reference.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 10:10 am

I just got approved for the Chase Fairmont card after being denied for a CSR (5/24'd) so I didn't have to waste a hard pull. I guess it's a consolation prize. Anyway, the card is showing up on my chase.com account now.

How long it take for Premier status and the suite upgrade to show up on my Fairmont account? I have a stay in mid-October at the Fairmont Orchid and I am hoping to be able to apply the suite upgrade for my stay then.

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by jglenn16
I just got approved for the Chase Fairmont card after being denied for a CSR (5/24'd) so I didn't have to waste a hard pull. I guess it's a consolation prize. Anyway, the card is showing up on my chase.com account now.

How long it take for Premier status and the suite upgrade to show up on my Fairmont account? I have a stay in mid-October at the Fairmont Orchid and I am hoping to be able to apply the suite upgrade for my stay then.

Thanks in advance!
I don't quite remember but do you have a fairmont account yet? You can login and see your certs. It is supposed to be automatic after you are approved, but may take a little while for chase and fairmont to get their systems lined up. You can always call and ask if your certs have shown up.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by trubador
I don't quite remember but do you have a fairmont account yet? You can login and see your certs. It is supposed to be automatic after you are approved, but may take a little while for chase and fairmont to get their systems lined up. You can always call and ask if your certs have shown up.
Yeah, when I applied for the Fairmont card, I put my Fairmont account in my application. It still hasn't reflected the new status in Fairmont's system. Who would be the best to call to see if they can manually do it? Fairmont?
Old Sep 4, 2016, 8:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Considering that the Fairmont card offers primary auto rental insurance, do people here use the Fairmont card as their main goto card for renting cars? What has been the experience?
Old Sep 6, 2016, 1:38 pm

Programs: Lotz
Are there any floating-around links still out there for the $1K spend for bonus 2 nights?

I want to get the card before it disappears from Chase but have a big spend to do already next 3 months.

Last edited by tassojunior; Sep 6, 2016 at 1:55 pm
Old Sep 6, 2016, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by jglenn16
Yeah, when I applied for the Fairmont card, I put my Fairmont account in my application. It still hasn't reflected the new status in Fairmont's system. Who would be the best to call to see if they can manually do it? Fairmont?
I would start with the presidents club
Old Sep 16, 2016, 11:02 pm

I'd also like to get the card before it disappears from Chase, but I'd rather wait a few months. Anyone have any idea when it will disappear, or how much warning we'll get?
Old Sep 17, 2016, 6:15 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Nobody knows when it will go away...and whether there will be a warning (my guess there will be no warning, it will go poof suddenly).

For all interested in this card...if you are under 5/24 (five ANY cc approvals in the past 24 months)...it makes no sense to go for this card and NOT for the Chase Sapphire Reserve.

I have been trying to get ANY info from FPC and hotel front desk staff...and they are all incredibly tight lipped!
Old Sep 17, 2016, 10:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by gpapadop
it makes no sense to go for this card and NOT for the Chase Sapphire Reserve.
Sorry, no card is worth a $450 annual fee.

I have been trying to get ANY info from FPC and hotel front desk staff...and they are all incredibly tight lipped!
How can they say anything since there's no way they would have any idea about the future of the card. That's between Accor and Chase, and there's no way they're going to let front line employees in on such negotiations.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 12:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
You mean it's not worth paying $150 annual fee or $55 more than Chase Sapphire?
Old Sep 18, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond

How can they say anything since there's no way they would have any idea about the future of the card. That's between Accor and Chase, and there's no way they're going to let front line employees in on such negotiations.
This one is imho. 100k bonus (worth 1,500 at the Chase travel portal alone!), and TWO $300 travel credits in 2016 and 2017. Cancel it before 2nd annual fee hits dude! I just wish I could get it...I a "a little" over 5/24

I have gotten some very valuable information from front line employees, they see the company wide emails too. I always try to learn something from them. But the Fairmont staff stick to the company line so good...it is kind of weird. We will soon know and I am not hopeful about the FPC future, hope I am wrong.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 7:35 am

I have gotten some very valuable information from front line employees, they see the company wide emails too. I always try to learn something from them. But the Fairmont staff stick to the company line so good...it is kind of weird. We will soon know and I am not hopeful about the FPC future, hope I am wrong.
Assuming we don't hear anything until the start of your "Fairmont Credit Card Year", will you be putting $12K spending to get the room certificate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.