Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I am still awaiting my Gold upgrade cert from being [earned] Premier on Mar. 1. Has anyone else got it yet or will it still take some time?
One issue with me is that the qualifying stay had completed but not posted yet on Mar. 1st so may need to call if it doesn't show up soon.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by dmodemd
I am still awaiting my Gold upgrade cert from being [earned] Premier on Mar. 1. Has anyone else got it yet or will it still take some time?
One issue with me is that the qualifying stay had completed but not posted yet on Mar. 1st so may need to call if it doesn't show up soon.
I had to call to get mine a year ago. If you don't need it right away, you might consider waiting for a bit to call or e-mail. They gave me 12 months from when it posted, not from 3/1, to use it, which was pretty cool because I waited until like June to inquire about it.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 6:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Am I able to book 3 nts and use the 2 free chase nt certs + the 3rd nt free cert? (And then also use a suite upg cert) ?! TGTBT? haha
Old Mar 15, 2016, 7:33 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Am I able to book 3 nts and use the 2 free chase nt certs + the 3rd nt free cert? (And then also use a suite upg cert) ?! TGTBT? haha
To use the 3rd night free cert, you need to have 2 paid nights. You could use the 2 free nights and the 3rd night free cert to get 3 nights free on a 5-night stay.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 8:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Thanks CanadaDH!

Regarding the $12,000 spend for the annual free night; does it get issued once you hit the 12K spend? And then once issued (whatever the issue date may be) the expiration is 1yr from that date?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Thanks CanadaDH!

Regarding the $12,000 spend for the annual free night; does it get issued once you hit the 12K spend? And then once issued (whatever the issue date may be) the expiration is 1yr from that date?
I get mine a few days after my anniversary statement closes. (The annual free night is based on card member not calendar year.). It is good for one year.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
To use the 3rd night free cert, you need to have 2 paid nights. You could use the 2 free nights and the 3rd night free cert to get 3 nights free on a 5-night stay.
I think I read this was not possible but just want to confirm.
AMEX FHR has a fourth night free at the Maui resort. Can I book 4 nights thru FHR and apply the 3rd night free cert? Thus effectively only paying for 2nts?
Old Mar 18, 2016, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by nas6034
I think I read this was not possible but just want to confirm.
AMEX FHR has a fourth night free at the Maui resort. Can I book 4 nights thru FHR and apply the 3rd night free cert? Thus effectively only paying for 2nts?
Unfortunately no. Fairmont's standpoint (for a while) has been that free night certs cannot be combined with xth night free promos.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Unfortunately no. Fairmont's standpoint (for a while) has been that free night certs cannot be combined with xth night free promos.
Thanks! It's a shame.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Finkface
Check out my follow up post just a couple below the one you quoted. The free nights appeared a couple of days after I met the spend and were dated March 11, which was exactly 7 days after I cleared the $3,000 threshold. So your rep was correct. No need to call in - they appeared in my FPC account with no call necessary. The system works exactly as the rep said. Here is my post:
I got my certs just under 7 days, AND a letter in the mail right around that 7th (calendar) day saying they posted. Very nice! Immediately applied one to The Peace Hotel
Old Mar 27, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
I have two $25 dining certificates and four $25 breakfast certificates. How does one use them? Do I need to tell the restaurant/guest service in advance (at the time of making reservations or before ordering) or is it OK if tell them after I get the bill? Also, can these certificates be used for in room service?

Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2016, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by jediwho
I have two $25 dining certificates and four $25 breakfast certificates. How does one use them? Do I need to tell the restaurant/guest service in advance (at the time of making reservations or before ordering) or is it OK if tell them after I get the bill? Also, can these certificates be used for in room service?

Thanks!
Certs cannot be used for in-room dining.

Officially, you're supposed to inform the server upon being seated, but in practice you can have redeem them when settling the bill. Or if you're staying at the hotel, the easiest option is to have the front desk redeem the certs.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 4:24 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
What if Nas6034 books 3+1 nights via the Amex offer and tries to use the B2G1 cert for a free 5th night added on? Try it. If Fairmont says YES, enjoy! If NO, oh well, Jasper2009 has told us so.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 6:58 pm

If using the 2 free night certs, is it likely that they would let me upgrade from a standard room? I am thinking of booking a stay but only want an oceanfront room so trying to decide if this offer is worth it. Of course I would pay the difference. Thanks.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 7:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by candy0730
If using the 2 free night certs, is it likely that they would let me upgrade from a standard room?
If you use an upgrade certificate, yes. Otherwise, it's up to the hotel, but it would be an exceptional situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.