Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Old May 15, 2012, 8:47 am

Unfortunately while it is true that you get 2 nights at ANY Fairmont hotel this doesn't work very well for the The Fairmont Mara Safari Club. Neither the game rides nor the "full board" are included with the certs (just breakfast).
Old May 15, 2012, 9:27 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by thetenken
Now that the card has come out, do we know if:

1) The Fairmont points are managed by Fairmont or Chase, and who handles the redemptions?

2) Assuming they are Fairmont Ovation certs, do we have the final redemption values?

I've seen the earlier posts, but have not seen anything concrete since the card release.
Chase handles the points.
http://www.chase.com/online/Credit-C...ontrewards.htm
Old May 16, 2012, 3:22 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Interesting wording in the fine print about earning the 2 Gold upgrades + $150 dining cert for "charter" card members -- "at the time of fulfillment you must have attained Fairmont Presidents Club Premier or Platinum status through acquiring the required number of stays/stay credits, and your account must be open and not in default".

I wonder if this means no "charter" benefits for us few Lifetime Platinum members?
Old May 16, 2012, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Robl
Unfortunately while it is true that you get 2 nights at ANY Fairmont hotel this doesn't work very well for the The Fairmont Mara Safari Club. Neither the game rides nor the "full board" are included with the certs (just breakfast).
Are you speculating?

Or did you actually try and make a booking with certs?

If you book with certs, how much additional do the game rides and lunch and dinner cost?

Thanks,

Lark
Old May 16, 2012, 4:07 pm

Programs: Marriott PT, Delta PT, Fairmont Prem
Anyone answer the below?

Originally Posted by clarksdv2
If you get Premier by signing up for the card, does this then suggest you need only 5 additional stays to get to platinum or do you have to do 10 stays regardless?
Old May 16, 2012, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by clarksdv2
If you get Premier by signing up for the card, does this then suggest you need only 5 additional stays to get to platinum or do you have to do 10 stays regardless?
Cant say for sure, but its unlikely IMO youll get Plat status after five additional stays. You can already earn two stay credits per year via spending, so handing out Plat status after just three actual stays would be too good to be true IMO.

This would be in line with various fast track promos (e.g. Premier status after 3 or 4 stays instead of 5) where you still needed 10 stays to earn Plat status.

Anyhow, if you want to be 100% sure, Id drop FPC an e-mail.
Old May 16, 2012, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Existing Elite members - Premier and Platinum tiers:
1 Complimentary upgrade certificate to Fairmont Gold from a Deluxe room per year.
• 2x $25 ($50) Dining certificates for Premier members.
• 4x $25 ($100) Dining certificates for Platinum members.
I just received this in my e-mail invitation:

"Existing Fairmont President’s Club Premier & Platinum members
Become a Charter Member and the first year’s annual fee will be waived (a $95 value).2 After approval, you'll receive 2 additional Fairmont Gold upgrades8 along with $150 in dining certificates.9
This is a limited time Charter Member offer, so apply now! "

Appears to be in addition to the 1 you are given as a President's Club Member(? although not completely clear...)

"You will get 2 complimentary nights with breakfast for 2 at any Fairmont destination worldwide after you make just $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months of account opening.1
• Pay no foreign transaction fees.2
• Earn Fairmont Rewards on every purchase, including 5 per $1 spent on Fairmont stays, 2 per $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with airlines, at car rental agencies, and on transit and commuting, and 1 per $1 spent on all other purchases.3
• Upgrade to Fairmont Gold, as you maintain your Platinum or Premier membership stay status, you will receive a Fairmont Gold upgrade certificate4 plus dining certificates5 to enjoy once per year.
• Enjoy a complimentary annual membership to the LOUNGE CLUB™ plus 2 free lounge visits each year, for access to over 350 airport lounges in over 200 cities worldwide. For subsequent visits, simply pay $27 per person per visit.6
• Enjoy 1 complimentary night each anniversary year that you make at least $12,000 in purchases on your card.7 "

The fine print:

"8 One-time Fairmont Gold Upgrade: To be eligible for this one- time bonus offer, you must apply by July 31, 2012 and be a first-time Fairmont Rewards cardmember. Further, at the time of fulfillment you must have attained Fairmont President’s Club Premier or Platinum status through acquiring the required number of stays/stay credits, and your account must be open and not in default. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks after account opening for delivery. The upgrade certificate entitles the holder to a complimentary upgrade from a deluxe room category to a Fairmont Gold room with single/double occupancy (2 adults). The upgrade certificate is not redeemable for Fairmont Gold Suites and cannot be used as credit towards Fairmont Gold Suites, regular Suites, specialty Suites or multi-unit Suites. Redemption is subject to availability of Fairmont Gold rooms at the time of reservation. For a list of current Fairmont hotels and resorts with Fairmont Gold, please visit www.fairmont.com/fairmontgold . Only 1 upgrade certificate may be redeemed per stay, and a single stay cannot exceed 5 nights. Upgrade certificates may not be used in conjunction with any Fairmont or third-party packages or promotions, and cannot be combined with any other certificates. All upgrade certificates are non-refundable if lost, stolen or destroyed, except if otherwise required by law. Upgrade certificates have no cash value, except as required by law. If permitted by law, upgrade certificates will expire within 1 year of date of issue. Upgrade certificates are non-transferable, except by Fairmont President’s Club Platinum members who may transfer to immediate family members. See certificate for more details. Previous and existing Fairmont Rewards cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment."

Last edited by LarkSFO; May 16, 2012 at 4:30 pm
Old May 16, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by The Mileage Millionaire
Interesting wording in the fine print about earning the 2 Gold upgrades + $150 dining cert for "charter" card members -- "at the time of fulfillment you must have attained Fairmont Presidents Club Premier or Platinum status through acquiring the required number of stays/stay credits, and your account must be open and not in default".

I wonder if this means no "charter" benefits for us few Lifetime Platinum members?
My guess is that the distinction is in there in order to exclude the folks who get their Premier status from being a cardholder, but who knows.
Old May 16, 2012, 7:50 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by havoc29
My guess is that the distinction is in there in order to exclude the folks who get their Premier status from being a cardholder, but who knows.
That was my guess, too.
Old May 16, 2012, 11:51 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Correct - this has nothing to do with the 114 Lifetime Members
I'm in that category and have confirmation that I'll get the charter platinum benefits as a Platinum (the bonus gold upgrades & food certs). Mind you I wasn't silly enough to ask, hey - I didn't make the stays... I simply called Chase asking when I'd get the perks with the card. They conferenced in Fairmont who confirmed what I'd get and even sent me an email the next day with the details without me even asking to have it in writing. It had the standard terms of 6-8 weeks.... I'm hoping for much sooner.

Originally Posted by The Mileage Millionaire
That was my guess, too.
Old May 17, 2012, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
I'm in that category and have confirmation that I'll get the charter platinum benefits as a Platinum (the bonus gold upgrades & food certs). Mind you I wasn't silly enough to ask, hey - I didn't make the stays... I simply called Chase asking when I'd get the perks with the card. They conferenced in Fairmont who confirmed what I'd get and even sent me an email the next day with the details without me even asking to have it in writing. It had the standard terms of 6-8 weeks.... I'm hoping for much sooner.
FYI
I am "one of the 114" I signed up on May 8 and got the card on May 11. My spouse's card and mine both say "Charter Member" We checked into a Fairmont using the card on checkin.

Looking forward to getting the certs in my account or in the mail.

Not a major complaint, but under my name "AMRivlin" instead of my FPC number or Status, it says "Charter Member". That is nice, but I would have preferred my FPC Number

Last edited by AMRivlin; May 17, 2012 at 10:39 am
Old May 17, 2012, 9:23 am

Programs: AA Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
Very nice, good to have confirmation. I saw the fine print and worried a bit as a lifetime plat. I'm curious to see the expiration on the certs once they post.
Old May 17, 2012, 6:28 pm

Programs: hyatt
how to get lifetime plat for fairmont?
Old May 18, 2012, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by dabaobao
10 Stays each year, or 40 nights a year earns your platinum. Just be sure to do it annually and you get Platinum for life!
Old May 20, 2012, 3:03 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
There was a living social (offshoot of groupon) offer last year that included lifetime platinum status. One of the best deals I bought and the credit card makes it even sweeter.

Originally Posted by dabaobao

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.